Is anyone playing an MMO?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I quit WoW about a year ago and haven't been on an MMO since then. Well, I've tried Maple Story on and off, but I don't see that going anywhere.

It's gonna take something huge to bring me back to MMOs. It's such a huge timesink the rewards are never worth the time.

I agree it is a time sink. I was just curious if anyone else was on then I would consider joining one again.

Never got into them. I like endings! :D

I agree. Although most of them have endings but they allow you to continue playing until the next expansion comes out. And then either another story starts or it continues the current story with added chapters.

I tried the Star Wars one when it first came out, tried it for a few days and failed at everything then sold it.

SWG was awesome when it first came out.

For now i would recommend LOTRO

(i don't play anymore cause of time though)

city of heros is also cool....and casual and not as hardcore.

SWG was awesome when it first came out.

For now i would recommend LOTRO

(i don't play anymore cause of time though)

city of heros is also cool....and casual and not as hardcore.

Yea, I played Lord of the Rings Online religiously for awhile, but haven't played in a long time. Need to start up again.

No, sir. And probably won't until the BioWare SW game comes out.

I've escaped the addiiction of Oblivion and Fallout 3 (by beating them).

WoW or EQ ain't gettin' me! :D

I played Galaxies for a few months when it first came out and then gave up. I will be playing the crap out of the Old Republic though. It might sound opinionated or biased, but IMO only Bioware can give a Star Wars MMO the magic it needs.

~~~oh I forgot. I played that crapfest the Matrix Online for about two weeks and got tired of the ridiculousness.

Ive beta tested and played about 15+ mmo's over the last 12-13yrs. I haven't played any for about 8 months now cos im waiting to get my Star Wars: The Old Republic guild test invite. I would have liked to get into test Star Trek Online as well. They are the only 2 im interested in atm as im kinda bored with mmo's tbh. The last mmo i played with my guild was Darkfall and it was pants.

I just hope I find a job before the old republic comes out. I'm afraid I'll become addicted and spend 12+ hours a day playing if I dont have to go to work.

I play World of Warcraft. But that isn't all I play just the only MMO. I actually am not addicted to it like so many people are. I play it with my girlfriend and not every day.

I used to play FFXI alot when it first came out, played for about 2 or so years before stopping. Went back to it every so often but never really got back into it. Paying for it for the last few months, cause I get the urge to have another go but then I stop from doing it.

I played wow for a few months but couldnt really get into it, i think i was burned out on mmo cause of ffxi.

I just hope I find a job before the old republic comes out. I'm afraid I'll become addicted and spend 12+ hours a day playing if I dont have to go to work.

I'm really hanging to play this as well and looking forward to it being addictive hehehe.. After watching the trailer I wish they made the clone wars series look this good.

Last edited:
Had my City of Heroes account for about 5 years but haven't played as much the past couple of months due to school and house construction. Still enjoyable though!

Back