Amon-Hen

• Thread starter Lookin4Precious
  • Start date
Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lookin4Precious

So nobody is talking about this piece.. so i felt bad for it.

Looks really good. I mean, how could it not, its not that complicated. But it also looks like it is a relatively big piece....

Very pleased....

Yeah , this piece looks really good . I'm happy with all three items released . I like the fact that this one has a smaller edition size than most environments . :dance

All the pieces came with LE... which is GREAT!

3000 for the Mumak! WHOO HOO!

Just ordered my preciousss...

Based on the pictures, I favor this one over most other environments, this is definitely gonna be my #3 after Orthanc and Stone Trolls (which I'm still looking for...:bang )

Can anyone help me understanding the dropping edition size of the recent environments?:

Then:

- Helm's Deep: 4000
- Golden Hall: 4000
- Mines of Moria: 4000

Now:

- Weathertop: 3000
- Buckleberry Ferry: 2000
- Amon Hen: 1500

I am excited about this one. I love the environments, and to get Weathertop, Buckleberry Ferry, and Amon Hen finally released makes me happy. (Although I would still have liked the REAL Argonath environment...)

i love this environment! i just wish it was a little bigger in size so i can play with my GW models on it. hsoud look good with a buncha urukhai attacking the fellowship.

23goliath - Sideshow had difficulty selling those earlier editions . Unfortunately Helm's Deep got a bad reputation because of its paint job (or lack there of) and I think people assumed the other pieces would have the same issue . I heard that there were a ton of returns on the Helm's Deep piece and since it was the first of those earlier three that you mentioned that came out , it may likely have lead to a large number of cancellations or hesitation on purchasing the other two . Those are some of the rumors I heard anyway .

If I had Strider this would be a no-brainer, but I am not sure what it goes with otherwise? :dunno

Nice,finally after years of looking at those Product pictures of it - We have it!.

Looks great,and limited to 1500!:toast

Smeeeeaaaagggolllll , Why does it cry . You know you want the precious !

Fantastic. Pre-ordered already, just to be safe.

It's almost poetic justice that 3 of the final several pieces were environments. We environments collectors have been snubbed for some time and now at the "end of all things", we get "3" in a row. Sweet... :rock

It could be displayed something like this...
amonhen3si.jpg

Which raises the question of why exactly Boromir is grabbing his sword and Frodo is protectively covering the ring. I think the two statues look nice together. The environment in the background would make a nice display.

That would be cool... but i keep my environments with my environments.. statues with satues... not down with that whole, recreate the scene thing... if Amon Hen was 1/6 scale however....

This one is nice. And I will have it. I'm really partial to the enviros and this one is no exception.
I love everything surrounding this piece in the movies.

Back