DAMMIT!!! I BROKE MY HT ALIEN WARRIOR'S LEG OFF!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicky

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was posing him and twisting the knee joint to put his legs into a crouch position and I managed to snap off the left shin...****!! I've had it less than a week. I'm trying to glue it back but it'll be near impossible to do so while still maintaining articulation and movement in the joint. It's drying right now.

Treat this as a warning. Unfortunately there are no spare parts for aliens.

Legjoint.jpg

Leg.jpg

Re: *********!!! I BROKE MY HT ALIEN WARRIOR'S LEG OFF!!!!!

God i hate that,ive been having problems with small HT acessories,they snap of if you barely touch them.

Oh man what a bummer! It's the 'Aliens' Alien right? Well, I guess the rest of the figure is ok, so you can still get a lot of enjoyment out of it, except with that particular knee joint.

Thankfully I haven't had any problems with my HT Alien figures. but I haven't really posed them much.

Aww that sucks dude, well glueing it is better than nothing at this point!

great looking figure but Hot toys apparently ****ed up with the plastic used in the joints on that one. quite a number of people have had issues with breakage on this piece. not much you can do other than glueing it back..:monkey4

I sure the aliens are prone to breaking, my grid alien is now in the back of my cupboard because the bleading thing broke, really annoying.

Try contacting hot toys, they might help. They stoped replying to me but some have got results.

Try contacting hot toys, they might help. They stoped replying to me but some have got results.
They have never ever replied to one email I've ever sent them but I emailed them just now anyway. What were the results of the ones you know about that got a response?

oh man... you will never be able to move that knee joint again..

I was posing him and twisting the knee joint to put his legs into a crouch position and I managed to snap off the left shin...****!! I've had it less than a week. I'm trying to glue it back but it'll be near impossible to do so while still maintaining articulation and movement in the joint. It's drying right now.

Treat this as a warning. Unfortunately there are no spare parts for aliens.

Legjoint.jpg

Leg.jpg

Yep,the same thing happend to me.The thing is a piece of *****.

Ih Les can't fix it ( Lol, yeah, right) I'm fairly certian I can. I build and paint pewter minatures, and am fairly competant with fixing fiddly bits. A little pinning, and some glueing, easy fix.
be happy to give you instructions too.

As you can see in this thread I started a while ago:

Hot Toys Alien Warrior Problems

The Aliens figures have some serious problems. I had both of my figure's knees break just like yours. I fixed one using epoxy glue, and another using epoxy putty, but in the end I was able to get replacements from Big Bad Toy Store. I also bought Chavez's broken figure and fixed it up well enough to display, but I'm not going to be doing any major posing with either of them. I use a Sideshow stand to help them stand up since they won't support their own weight.

Are the breakages limited to the 'Aliens' figures? Or have you guys had problems with the AVP figure also? I have 2 of the original HT AVP Alien figures (one black, one brown), and nothings happened to them...yet.

As you can see in this thread I started a while ago:I had both of my figure's knees break just like yours.
Wow, that makes 3 of us in this thread already that have had the knee joint snap. HT need to get their **** together, perhaps they learned when they made the brown re-paint. Just saw your thread and that poll, man this ****ing Aliens Warrior sucks balls!!!

It was a clean break and is proving very hard to stick back together. Here's what it looks like now after my first and only glueing attempt. I managed to get most of the dried super glue off and the joints now move again.

Shinagain.jpg

Leftthigh.jpg

Leftshin-rubberpulledback.jpg

Are the breakages limited to the 'Aliens' figures? Or have you guys had problems with the AVP figure also? I have 2 of the original HT AVP Alien figures (one black, one brown), and nothings happened to them...yet.

Mainly the Aliens.

Back