DCDIRECT 1/4 scale mixed media wonder woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack's Smirking Revenge
Reaction score
img1457je3.jpg

I LOVE IT! AND WILL OWN IT!!!

P.S. Kharma, send me the link where you got this pic. I wanna see more pics of Wonder Woman or of what DC Direct is selling.

Thanks in advance!

Congrats to Mr. Bergholtz on an excellent job!:chew

Now tell them to lose the blue highlights...

This looks awesome!!!

DCD is just rockin at TF this year. :chew

I agree Dave, the blue highlights have got to go.

Awesome sculpt Andy!!! :rock :rock

Man, those highlights are painted on... I figured they were just the light reflecting weirdly. That doesn't look very good. The rest looks pretty cool though.

Guess I'll be the first dissenting voice; I think this looks pretty unexceptional. The costuming, in particular, looks bland. Guess I've been spoiled by SSC's Marvel PFs. :monkey1

Thank you DCD! I was hoping that the 1:4 Museum Statues would continue! I already have Superman and Batman and this Wonder Woman will look great with them!

Just checked my 1:4 Supes and he doesn't have the blue highlights. I hope DCD drops them on WW.

I'd love to see a Green Lantern (Hal) or Hawkman next!

My thoughts exactly. I also don't understand the blue highlights DC uses in the hair.

Guys, I showed this to my fiancee, and we're gonna be getting one by November (presell earlier, of course)...

As for the blue hair, it's the comic book version, and they use blue highlights to distinguish lighting angles... if you went with white highlights, she looks like wonder woman with white hair/highlights.

If they went with yellow, it's like WW got blonde highlights. other than just painting it solid and let the light hit it as is, the blue adds a comic book feel to it.

I get why they did the blue highlights, but on a piece of this scale it just doesn't work. They've never felt the need to do it on any other statue that had all black hair, why start now?

I get why they did the blue highlights, but on a piece of this scale it just doesn't work. They've never felt the need to do it on any other statue that had all black hair, why start now?

True. I'd agree with that too. I guess what I meant was it didn't bother us to have the blue highlights.

Guys, I showed this to my fiancee, and we're gonna be getting one by November (presell earlier, of course)...

As for the blue hair, it's the comic book version, and they use blue highlights to distinguish lighting angles... if you went with white highlights, she looks like wonder woman with white hair/highlights.

If they went with yellow, it's like WW got blonde highlights. other than just painting it solid and let the light hit it as is, the blue adds a comic book feel to it.

I guess that makes sense but I still don't think it looks good at this scale either. It is a nice looking statue overall though.

I can understand thinking blue would work, but it really does look odd on this particular piece.

It looks pretty good.

The facial features look a little like Kate Beckinsale, which is a very good thing!

:monkey5

Back