DST gets Star Wars License.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0012892.jpg

I will definitely pass on Obi, the sculpt looks terrible, I look forward to seeing what else they have in store though...

WOW. That is a horrible sculpt. Looks like the one Hasbro's 12" Ben. Kinda like the Jango helmet ex. looked like the VOTC 12" Boba's.

LOL, "No Photography Please" .

Wow - if I were Sideshow, I would love seeing DST release their crap; that old Ben is terrible - my lord.....the Sideshow 1:4 PF is such an incredible piece, that if I were DST, I would feel the pressure.

The pose is crap on theirs too

Wow - if I were Sideshow, I would love seeing DST release their crap; that old Ben is terrible - my lord.....the Sideshow 1:4 PF is such an incredible piece, that if I were DST, I would feel the pressure.

The pose is crap on theirs too

I'm not going to claim that these are anywhere near Sideshow's 1/4, but how is DST competing with SSC? These figures will be in the 50 to 70 range I would imagine - the 1/4 SSC figure isn't available outside eBay for 4 times that. Sure, it's worth it to Hard Core collectors, but that piece is not aimed at HC collectors. DST will sell a mint of these due to A.) price, B.) availability, and C.) it's Star Wars .. duh.

P.S. If I understand the Press Release, these aren't statues, but huge figures. So, it's not stuck in that pose.

Dude. The 12" is an incredible piece compared to the PF. This doesn't touch it.

Dude. The 12" is an incredible piece compared to the PF. This doesn't touch it.

But, once again, the 12" is sold out and the price is rising rapidly on eBay. DST also has the advantage of a larger distribution system than SSC. So, despite the fact that SSC Old Ben's in all sizes are superior, this one will sell ... and sell amazingly. Low price, plus the fact that most SW fans are completists (Hell, the Muggs figures keep selling out here :google) equal sales for DST - no competition from SSC at all (in terms of sales, not quality).

Its funny that they call this product '' Ultimate quarter scale ''. Like it or not, they definitely are trying to take some of Sideshows market of the PF by offering articulated 1/4 figures with a lesser price.

Back