I want to build...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HL2 Master

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I want to build The Sunnydale High Library, not the entire thing just the front area that is used by the "Scoobies", My question is, where do I find all of those little books?

Does anybody know?

Thankyou

HL2 Master

I'd sculpt a facade of different books spines and mold and cast it. Do a couple of different ones and paint them different ways, use decals for spine text, etc. Would take a while, but wouldn't take a master craftsman.

Yeah that is somthing that I considered.

I would like to see many small books but its harder than it sounds.

I want to build 'the magic box' but unfortunately I can't cause I can't make stuff like that.

Anzik, could you post some pics of your books that you made, just so I can get an idea of what you mean.

Also Buffy Girl: If I can make the books easily enogh, I will try to make som that you can use for your Magic Box, I know that Giles cant own a shop with out being able to refer to his text. :lol

Making books is really easy:
1st gather your materials. You can pick up evergreen plastics precut strips for about $2.50 for a pack of 8 or 10 and a sheet of very thin styrene.
DSCN0135.jpg

DSCN0136.jpg

For this book I chose to make my dimensions of the inner frame 1 1/4" X 1 1/2".
I measured the pieces and mark them.
DSCN0137.jpg

Score them and just bend them and you get a nice clean snap.
DSCN0138.jpg

DSCN0139.jpg

Trim the small pieces so they have a nice crescent shape on one side. I did the reverse on the other side to give it a more bookish look but in a case it wont really matter.
DSCN0140.jpg

Glue your other pieces into a little box shape.
DSCN0141.jpg

Next place it on the sheet and mark where you need to cut it. Remember to make it bigger than your "pages". Then score your sheet along the line you measured, bend it until it snaps.
Glue your "pages" to the sheet.
DSCN0143.jpg

Let it dry a couple minutes then fold the other side over and mark where your cover should end, mark it, draw a line, score and break it.
apply some glue to the opposite sides of the "pages" box and fold it over and either hold it or tape it in place.
DSCN0144.jpg

Then you're book is done once the glue dries.
DSCN0145.jpg

Add some paint or decals or whatever you like and you have the beginning of your library. I started at 11:38 and was finished by 12:08 and I even folded a load of laundry while my glue set.

check the barbie section at your local TRU .. they may not have alot but you coul mold what they did have and mke copies ..

Hey anzik what is diferent about your willow ?? it looks better but ever so slightly different??

Anzik Hayes Thank you so much for that step by step book tutorial.

That'll come in most handy. Apart from extra books for Wilow, I'd like to make some for dear old Giles at some point. :D

Thanks guys I hope its helpful.
Betic, I gave Willow a repaint, and although I made her her slightly too pale, I think it really brings the likeness out of the sculpt. I'll take a couple shots of her and Faith today.

I love that book tutorial, Anzik. This would be very handy if you made just a dozen or so different sizes, sealed all the edges, maybe add some texture for that leather look, and made a mold and cast hundreds of copies. That library would fill up in no time.

I love seeing Faith and Willow repaints. Even if neither stock head/paint job is a good portrait of the actor, I think there's a little bit of the character in each sculpt that's just waiting for a repaint to emerge. Really.

BuffyGirl, let me know if you want advice on how to start that Magic Box project.

Thank you. I saw someones replica of it. It was amazing. I just don't have the tools and stuff. I guess if I was somewhat schooled in what tools, glues, materials I need, things would be good.

If you want to help, that'd be great!

I love what you are doing with Faith, she looks awesome. Much better than mine. Prob because mine is just sideshows. I normally love their work but Willow and Faith got shafted.

You can choose to use either precut pieces of styrene (more expensive but more durable) or balsa wood (cheaper. more fragile). You would need an exacto knife, a ruler and some model glue.
Pick a spot of the magic box and I'll do a little photo tutorial for that section.

Pick a spot of it as in where I plan to put it? Sorry, I am not sure what you mean.

I have some photos of a magic box that was done. If you wish to see it I can upload photos.

And thanks for all the help. :)

Sorry should have been a little more clear. Pick a corner of the Magic Box set. The scooby table, the training room, the counter etc that you would like to see and we can start from there.

Back