The INDY 12" Line Could Be Quite Thorough

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
If the initial INDY figure from Sideshow is a success (duh) then there is no doubt the line will be off to a great start. As it is, we know they have plans for multiple figures, including the different incarnations of Indy himself.

I just thought about it for a bit, and without going overboard (with tons of characters and variations) I've come to the conclusion that a "complete" or thorough INDY line would be around 25 or so figures, with half of those different versions of Indy himself:

INDIANA JONES:

Raiders of The Lost Ark
Indy in Adventure Gear (ROTLA sculpt/accessories) * confirmed *
Indy as Professor
Indy as Cairo Digger
Indy as German Soldier

Temple of Doom
Indy in Adventure Gear (TOD sculpt/accessories, ripped under shirt, etc)
Indy in White Tuxedo
Indy as Thuggee

The Last Crusade
Indy in Adventure Gear (TLC sculpt/accessories, Tie, etc)
Indy in Suit
Indy in Nazi Officer Disguise

Kingdom of The Crystal Skull
Indy in Adventure Gear (KOTCS sculpt/accessories)
Indy as Professor (KOTCS sculpt)

OTHER CHARACTERS:

Raiders of The Lost Ark
Belloq
Marion
Sallah
Toht

Temple of Doom
Mola Ram
Short Round
Willie

The Last Crusade
Dr. Henry Jones, Sr
Marcus
Elsa
Grail Knight

Kingdom of The Crystal Skull
Ivana Spalko
Marion
Mutt Williams
Abner Ravenwood
Mac

Yes, you can give or take a character or two (or even add a couple), but IMHO that line-up from Sideshow would represent the quinessential Indiana Jones 1:6 line. We'd have about 6-8 figures from each film (including Indys) and each movie would have at least one villain represented. Thoughts?

I'm gonna have to cut back other places to make sure I get all the ones I want. Why? Cause you just listed about all the ones I want. :lol

And this is just one (hypothetical) 1:6 line of ONE license! To say nothing of PFs and all of the items from the other lines we're collecting.

Damn you, Sideshow! :google

(I'm in for the G.I. JOE line as well!)

And this is just one (hypothetical) 1:6 line of ONE license! To say nothing of PFs and all of the items from the other lines we're collecting.

Damn you, Sideshow! :google

(I'm in for the G.I. JOE line as well!)

That is why you got to pick and choose.

1/6th only for me.

and Yo Joe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I know what you mean EVILFACE. That's why I'm not a true Completist. I just collect what I like. And while I do prefer 1/6 (like you) I'll also pick up a PF and statue from time-to-time as well. I'll definitely get any INDY PF they make.

And "Yo Joe!" indeed. :rock

I doubt they'll turn out that many Indy variants, but I definitely think we'll see a Professor Jones. All they have to do is recycle the Giles suit for that one. Indy in the white dinner jacket is probably a lock too, recycled from the Legacy Connery.

I only need ONE classic Indiana Jones. I can live without Thugee robes or Nazi officer Indy (just put some Dragon clothes on him! They're not supposed to fit right, anyway!).

I may be down for a Belloq and even Toht, but after that, I'm pretty much done. I agree this line deserves at least the same depth as the Bond line had, but I'm not going to be a completist. All I really need is Indy to kick ass.

This is definately the line that'll be getting all of my attention and hard earned bucks, all else will be cancelled before I miss a figure in this line.
I was almost hoping that the traditional (hat, jacket, whip,etc) Indy figures from each film come with exclusives of the main treasure from each movie.
Oh and Irish don't forget there can also be various versions of Marion from Raiders at least 3, Raven bar, Cairo Marketplace, and Well of Souls outfits as well as a different Sallah for Last Crusade, heck they could even throw a Indy in Zepplin "No Ticket!" outfit as a SDCC exclusive this year.

I doubt they'll turn out that many Indy variants, but I definitely think we'll see a Professor Jones. All they have to do is recycle the Giles suit for that one. Indy in the white dinner jacket is probably a lock too, recycled from the Legacy Connery.
I think Indy in Adventure Gear from each of the four films is an absolute no-brainer. The look (sculpt) is different in each movie as are some details of the costume, not to mention accessories.

And I have to believe that Sideshow cares enough about this line and license to not have to rely on recycled clothes from other lines.

Oh and Irish don't forget there can also be various versions of Marion from Raiders at least 3, Raven bar, Cairo Marketplace, and Well of Souls outfits as well as a different Sallah for Last Crusade, heck they could even throw a Indy in Zepplin "No Ticket!" outfit as a SDCC exclusive this year.

I know, I know... and I'd get them ALL right along with you. I was just trying to be a bit more conservative with my list and not get too carried away. :lol

And I have to believe that Sideshow cares enough about this line and license to not have to rely on recycled clothes from other lines.
I'n not saying they'd recycle out of lack of care, it's just that the outfits are so similar they'd have no reason not to re-use those patterns. I also think that makes those two particular variations the most likely to happen.

I never even considered buying a Willie figure, but if they made her in the anything goes dress, I just might.

My God. If they make enough Indy variants, we might actually have a flood of good Harrison Ford heads in the market! And some sculptors out there might give us variations for Blade Runner figs! Harrison has been so difficult to capture in plastic, the prospect of a line dependant on the accuracy of Ford's likeness repeated ad infinitum is a little daunting.

Back