Aliens Colonial Marines

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McHavyck

Super Freak
Reaction score
The newest Game Informer is reporting that Gearbox Software (the company that did the PC port of Halo) is now working on a squad-based FPS based in the Aliens universe.

Scheduled for the consoles and PC release in 2009.

Can you imagine the MP (if there is any)?
Marines vs. Aliens.:drool :drool
Nuff' said.

its gonna be awesome . Will it have as much of a fan base as it used too , in the gaming scene though ?. I hope it doesn't flop. Maybe only die hard fans like us lot will pick this one up. Especially with the price of games nowadays !.

EB has them on pre-sale, (I hate EB but just to see the cover, check this out).

https://www.ebgames.com/productmerch.asp?groupid=969

I'm sure the cover might change, but this looks cool none the less.

Developed by Brothers-in-Arms creator, Gearbox Software, Aliens: Colonial Marines is a squad-based first-person shooter which recaptures the tension, horror and combat of the movies that created the sci-fi action horror genre. In the game, players battle Aliens using a variety of awesome weapons including pulse-rifles and flamethrowers, plus brand-new equipment and skills. Aliens: Colonial Marines will retain the atmospheric look and feel of the original films while leveraging next-generation technology to create an entirely new interactive Aliens experience. Claustrophobic environments, a brooding soundtrack, and a multitude of surprises and shocks will take the tension and action to unparalleled levels. Game modes include a single-player campaign plus four-person multiplayer player co-op, plus many more to be revealed in future months.

I'm down for some of that!!

Sounds pretty cool. I can't believe it's on pre-sale already when it's not coming out until 2009 though.

Sounds pretty cool. I can't believe it's on pre-sale already when it's not coming out until 2009 though.

Unless you are using another source for release date info, most sites I have visted list 10/7/08 as the release date.

This could really be a great game. They can't go wrong with the subject matter, but I think I'll wait to see just how good it turns out. There are some truly outstanding squad-based FPS titles that have already set the bar pretty high. If this one's in the same league as the competition, I will definitely have to play it.

Unless you are using another source for release date info, most sites I have visted list 10/7/08 as the release date.

I thought havyck's first post said 2009? I didn't even know anything about it until this thread.

https://www.gameinformer.com/Magazine/

Interview, Pulse Rifle model and if you look at the banner at the top...:D

You need to sign up to read the interview and to get a better look at the Rifle.

The banner at the top of the page changes everytime you go to the site.

One is a facehugger lunging out of an egg, one with cryostasis tubes and the other is a marine shooting an alien.

topbar179_c.png

topbar179_b.png

topbar179_a.png

Back