PDA

View Full Version : My Office Cubicle

MaulFan
02-13-2008, 11:12 AM
Not too fond of my job, but I do like that I get to display my toys and make a little 8' x 8' space of zen for myself. Just mixed up the arrangement today, I'm digging it.

http://www.swmmedia.com/OFFICE/1.jpg

http://www.swmmedia.com/OFFICE/2.jpg

http://www.swmmedia.com/OFFICE/3.jpg

UTtoyfan
02-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Very cool setup! I wish I could do that, but unfortunately I stand all day and don't even have an office.:monkey2

Cocoboloboy
02-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Great looking setup. :rock Nice variety too.

Darth Waller
02-13-2008, 11:25 AM
How do you work surrounded by cool stuff like that? I have a hard enough time concentrating on my job sometimes. :lol

Rogue Trooper
02-13-2008, 12:02 PM
Like the selction from the 12 inch, 1:1, dioramas and props. Wish i could do this sort of thing at work but then if i did i would spend all my time admiring them. 12 inch ben is amazing, you've got the perfect pose.

tylerd
02-13-2008, 12:07 PM
luckily you can trust your co-workers and the cleaning staff. :lol :confused: :lol

Rook
02-13-2008, 12:11 PM
luckily you can trust your co-workers and the cleaning staff. :lol :confused: :lol

Word. :rolleyes:

Actually, I do trust my co-workers, and I've left notes to the cleaning staff to leave the cleaning to me. :) I've been thinking of posting cubicle pics myself, so maybe now that the gauntlet has been thrown down, I'll at last get around to it.

Still, MaulFan's selection is cooler than my own... :rock

galactiboy
02-13-2008, 12:16 PM
Looks good, but not sure if its the best pose for your Predator :lol

Voorhees27
02-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Looks really clean and neat Sean, just what I always try to shoot for!

Hey, I think you need to wake up Predator, either that or he appears to be wasted.......:lol

MaulFan
02-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Well, Predator's not for display, YET, still playing with him in photos, I brought him in because a couple co-workers saw the box in my space and wanted to see it, they were both very impressed by it.

As for cleaning staff and co-workers, thankfully, as much as some peers admire my stuff, no one would want any of it, but it's also a small, 30 person company and the president is a family friend so if something did go down, I'd get restitution. If I worked somewhere else, I'd be less inclined to put up so much.

It is distracting, but in a good way. When I get frustrated or whatever, I can just sit back for a minute, check out my stuff and mentally escape for a few moments.

I struggle to be creative when I'm not surrounded by stimulus. Collectibles and music help me tap into the right parts of my brain.

Colossus
02-13-2008, 07:16 PM
I like it Cool setup, I have some things on my desk but not the very cool stuff and the cleaning staff take care. BTW when did Roy Die? Great Actor

MaulFan
02-13-2008, 07:18 PM
Thanks, Roy passed away this past weekend.

DarkArtist81
02-13-2008, 07:19 PM
Very cool setup Sean! I especially that the quote above your computer, what is that from? It's pretty inspirational, keeps a man honest. :rock2

MaulFan
02-13-2008, 07:20 PM
Very cool setup Sean! I especially that the quote above your computer, what is that from? It's pretty inspirational, keeps a man honest. :rock2

Thanks Josh. I typed out Rocky's speech to his son from Rocky Balboa, about taking life's hits and moving forward and going after what you want in the world. Helps to remember that when I feel life hitting me.

The Craw
02-13-2008, 07:21 PM
your desk is waaaaaay too neat and clean. do you actaully do anything at work?:lol i dont have a desk unfortunately. i got a toolbox. but i dont think a collectible would have a long life sitting on that.:lol

MaulFan
02-13-2008, 07:24 PM
your desk is waaaaaay too neat and clean. do you actaully do anything at work?:lol i dont have a desk unfortunately. i got a toolbox. but i dont think a collectible would have a long life sitting on that.:lol

I have a 3 part desk, I only photographed 2, I guess the best word to describe the other is...cluster**** :lol, it's been worse. I find sometimes cleaning things up and all helps me balance out a bit so I was cleaning up today.

Voorhees27
02-13-2008, 07:27 PM
Thanks Josh. I typed out Rocky's speech to his son from Rocky Balboa, about taking life's hits and moving forward and going after what you want in the world. Helps to remember that when I feel life hitting me.

Ahh a quote from a Stallone movie, Sean, you're the man, we see alot alike!

Good stuff!

MaulFan
02-13-2008, 07:29 PM
What can I say, Stallone, specifically as Rocky, is quite inspirational.

Voorhees27
02-13-2008, 07:31 PM
What can I say, Stallone, specifically as Rocky, is quite inspirational.

Sean, whats with all the pics with you and the Ladies? You like tower of them! :lol

The Craw
02-13-2008, 07:32 PM
I have a 3 part desk, I only photographed 2, I guess the best word to describe the other is...cluster**** :lol, it's been worse. I find sometimes cleaning things up and all helps me balance out a bit so I was cleaning up today.if i put a figure on my desk at home it would get buried and then one day id be cleaning up and id be all like "hey, an old ben figure. when did i get this?":lol

MaulFan
02-13-2008, 07:41 PM
Sean, whats with all the pics with you and the Ladies? You like tower of them! :lol

Just my closest friends, nice to have them with me too.

MaulFan
02-13-2008, 07:41 PM
if i put a figure on my desk at home it would get buried and then one day id be cleaning up and id be all like "hey, an old ben figure. when did i get this?":lol

That's how my desk at home gets, sometimes I get so involved with my figure pictures, I just keep stuffing things aside and then one day I unbury it all an it's like, ohh I've been looking for that lol.

DarkArtist81
02-13-2008, 07:47 PM

I knew that it was familiar... can't believe I missed it. :lol

Rocky was always inspirational to me. I run harder than ever when I have that soundtrack blaring in my ears. And that speech was something I took to heart as well when I saw that movie.

Jamal
02-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Arent you scared people will rip off your crap?

Voorhees27
02-13-2008, 08:31 PM
I knew that it was familiar... can't believe I missed it. :lol

Rocky was always inspirational to me. I run harder than ever when I have that soundtrack blaring in my ears. And that speech was something I took to heart as well when I saw that movie.

IMO you don't even have to like the Rocky movies to love the music, a definite MUST when exercising!

MaulFan
02-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Arent you scared people will rip off your crap?

Not at all, my company is like a big family, I know everyone and I don't have to worry at all. I've been displaying collectibles in my space for over 2 years now. Most items catch attention, some for being a bit disturbing, like T-800's half torn off face, that got a few ladies a little, can't wait til I add Palpatine 1:1 into the mix.

My only concern is, will I want to use any of the things on display for photos or anything because I don't want to cart it back and forth a lot haha.

nicky
02-14-2008, 03:43 AM
That Jaws wallpaper is cool.

DarkArtist81
02-14-2008, 07:47 AM
IMO you don't even have to like the Rocky movies to love the music, a definite MUST when exercising!

Oh, I totally agree. Just hearing that music... seems to hit you on a subliminal level, and you do your best to push harder. It's almost as if that memory of the film is so engrained in your mind and the american psyche, that you feel that spirit of determination within. I love it. Helps me every single day when I run. Especially at the end when I do my last set of pushups and sprint towards the finish line.

No steps here in my neighborhood, but it's the best I got. :lol

Darthrazz
02-14-2008, 07:57 AM
I really like your PC desktop screen!

MaulFan
02-14-2008, 08:00 AM
Well, I don't run as often as I should, but when I do it's always to Rocky music, and I've pretty much arranged tracks in an order that matches to how I set the treadmill up. I usually finish out with the music from Rocky IV when he's running up the mountain, granted it's Hollywood magic, but the imagery of a guy pushing himself to that limit is still powerful and very helpful when I'm at that point where my legs feel like they don't have anything left in them and my breath is running out.

Jamal
02-14-2008, 08:57 PM
Not at all, my company is like a big family, I know everyone and I don't have to worry at all. I've been displaying collectibles in my space for over 2 years now. Most items catch attention, some for being a bit disturbing, like T-800's half torn off face, that got a few ladies a little, can't wait til I add Palpatine 1:1 into the mix.

My only concern is, will I want to use any of the things on display for photos or anything because I don't want to cart it back and forth a lot haha.

Thats cool man, its a nice setup you got there

EDIT - HOLY **** MAULFAN REMINDS ME OF SETH ROGAN LOL

MaulFan
02-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Thats cool man, its a nice setup you got there

EDIT - HOLY **** MAULFAN REMINDS ME OF SETH ROGAN LOL

Who's Seth Rogan? :confused:

Isildur's bane
02-14-2008, 09:07 PM
Who's Seth Rogan? :confused:

Really? It's the guy from Knocked Up, Superbad, 40 year Old Virgin

MaulFan
02-14-2008, 09:08 PM

Ahh, didn't know his name, only seen 40 Year Old Virgin, and for that matter, I'm probably more Stever Carell lol.

Isildur's bane
02-14-2008, 09:08 PM

http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/seth-rogen-you-me-and-dupree-movie-premiere-arrivals-12Dlvl.jpg

Jamal
02-14-2008, 09:17 PM
LOL someone find a pic of Maul so we can compare!

MaulFan
02-14-2008, 09:22 PM
LOL someone find a pic of Maul so we can compare!

http://www.swmmedia.com/SSF/maulfan.jpg

Voorhees27
02-14-2008, 09:29 PM
Jeez brothers at the very least!

Jamal
02-14-2008, 09:31 PM
damn they are bros!

http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/seth-rogen-you-me-and-dupree-movie-premiere-arrivals-12Dlvl.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k77/Jamalhzaife/maulfan1.jpg

uscmhicks
02-15-2008, 06:40 AM
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol oh my god , thats great hahaha :rotfl

fool_of_a_took!
02-15-2008, 06:44 AM
Looks good, but not sure if its the best pose for your Predator :lol

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl

Yeah, face down is the ONLY way to go!

dunedain
02-15-2008, 07:48 AM
Wish I could display this at my job. :monkey2

cimarron
02-15-2008, 10:23 AM
Nice cubicle! Like that Mustang fastback!

MaulFan
02-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Thanks, I love the Eleanor Shelby from Gone In 60 Seconds, I was psyched when I saw someone made one, I also have a black '67 Shelby but doesn't look the same.

Scourge-of-the-Jedi
02-15-2008, 03:36 PM
I have that same mustang in my office!

crazypredator2
02-15-2008, 04:17 PM
COOL COLLECTION, LIKE THOSE ALIENS.

Voorhees27
02-15-2008, 10:50 PM
Thanks, I love the Eleanor Shelby from Gone In 60 Seconds, I was psyched when I saw someone made one, I also have a black '67 Shelby but doesn't look the same.

Shelby fan? Aside from the 69' Charger this is my favorite muscle car ever! I was gonna comment on the car but forgot to......:lol

Very nice.

MANDO
02-15-2008, 10:55 PM
Very cool stuff! Man, I wish I could do that with my office at work, but sadly I share it with three other people and the owners would crap!

MaulFan
02-16-2008, 07:29 AM
Shelby fan? Aside from the 69' Charger this is my favorite muscle car ever! I was gonna comment on the car but forgot to......:lol

Very nice.

After I saw Gone In 60 Seconds, I was hooked. I remember at the time, most of my peers at school and all were big on Fast and the Furious and the cars in that, but I was in love with the look of Eleanor and that movie. I'll probably never own a '67 Shelby, but maybe someday I'll own a 2007 Shelby which looks a lot like the old school Shelby's.

Voorhees27
02-16-2008, 08:56 AM
After I saw Gone In 60 Seconds, I was hooked. I remember at the time, most of my peers at school and all were big on Fast and the Furious and the cars in that, but I was in love with the look of Eleanor and that movie. I'll probably never own a '67 Shelby, but maybe someday I'll own a 2007 Shelby which looks a lot like the old school Shelby's.

Have you seen I Am Legend yet? Theres a decent portion of the movie where Smith rips a brand new Shelby throught the streets. It sounds AMAZING and looks cool too! :lol

You should rent the original Gone in 60 Seconds (1974), IMO it was a better movie than the Cage remake, the action is unreal for its time. Its by HB Halicki. Since you brought up Fast and Furious what did you think about the Charger in that flick? Man I LOVE Chargers!

MaulFan
02-16-2008, 09:01 AM
Have you seen I Am Legend yet? Theres a decent portion of the movie where Smith rips a brand new Shelby throught the streets. It sounds AMAZING and looks cool too! :lol

You should rent the original Gone in 60 Seconds (1974), IMO it was a better movie than the Cage remake, the action is unreal for its time. Its by HB Halicki. Since you brought up Fast and Furious what did you think about the Charger in that flick? Man I LOVE Chargers!

I found the cars in F and F to be a bit superfluous, BUT, my town, totally unnecessarily, has a Dodge Charger, 2006 I think, for the Police. It looks badass. I haven't seen the original Gone In 60, but much of what I love about that movie is Cage, he's one of my favorite actors.

BuffBuff
02-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Even if I thought I could trust people, I couldn't. Brave person. Nice stuff though.

uscmhicks
02-21-2008, 11:00 PM
great setup there maulfan , if I displayed anything in the college I'm at it would be gone in 60 seconds :lol:lol.

BuffyGirl
02-21-2008, 11:10 PM
great setup there maulfan , if I displayed anything in the college I'm at it would be gone in 60 seconds :lol:lol.

It would take that long? hehe.

SOLIDSNAKE
02-21-2008, 11:49 PM
thats awsome !!! maul fan !

I wish I bring stuff like that at work.

with my luck my T-800 will be really damaged by a fork lift.

SOLIDSNAKE
02-21-2008, 11:52 PM
http://www.swmmedia.com/SSF/maulfan.jpg

hahahahaha you do look like him !!!

check out me as darth maul

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n9/snake_029/mau4.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n9/snake_029/mau.jpg

this was like 7 years ago hehe
I wish i had an Fx light saber back then

Amir
02-27-2008, 12:14 AM
Sweet set up MaulFan, that's great that your boss allows you to display your collectibles, I wish I could do the same at work. Anyway, great job on the set up, I can see how having Yoda there all the time can be a form of stress management when things get hectic at work, he is so calming to look at in that pose:D

MaulFan
02-27-2008, 04:44 AM
Thanks Amir, it'll be interesting to see what affect the Palpatine 1:1 has on me when he's on the desk haha.

HigHurtenflurst
02-27-2008, 10:29 AM
Nice setup, MaulFan! I've seen that Yoda bust before and always like it... can you tell me who makes it?

I'd like to display stuff like that in my office, but it's not that big, I have to share it with another guy all the time, and I don't have much shelf space:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b86/Hig/cockpit.jpg

MaulFan
02-27-2008, 10:34 AM
It's Sideshow's 1:1 Yoda bust.

HigHurtenflurst
02-27-2008, 11:22 AM
It's Sideshow's 1:1 Yoda bust.

Ah, silly me, I thought maybe it was from Gentle Giant. Shoulda guessed!

Amir
02-27-2008, 08:01 PM
Thanks Amir, it'll be interesting to see what affect the Palpatine 1:1 has on me when he's on the desk haha.

I think the bust will make you want to strike out at your boss with all of your hate more often than you did before getting the bust :D

MaulFan
02-27-2008, 08:03 PM
I think the bust will make you want to strike out at your boss with all of your hate more often than you did before getting the bust :D

Or maybe just convince him to stay the hell away from me on a bad day :)

spenca7
03-03-2008, 12:10 PM
I use to do that at my college, until drunken roommates decided to hang some stuff out the window while i was gone for the weekend...not cause they hate me, thye just wanted to see it hang.

royasave33
03-04-2008, 12:55 PM
great need to find that aliens dio

sadieshalf
08-01-2008, 07:19 PM
I like the computer wallpaper.