HOT TOYS ALIENS "HICKS": What is it that makes him so POPULAR?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicky

Super Freak
Reaction score
The other day he went on eBay for over USD 2000.00. I got mine for GBP 90.00 (about USD 180.00) 18 months ago. Why do people have such a hard on for him exactly?

He was my 2nd HT figure but first on my list back then. For me I just wanted a marine with normal gear and I didn't like Apone that much so went with Hicks as he's more a typical marine. I got a Reese too but they are no where near as popular.

Also did anyone else have trouble fitting his goddman helmet on? I had to take the black brace thing out. Anyonbe do the same or did anyone actually get the helmet on him properly without having to do that?

Last edited:
The other day he went on eBay for over USD 2000.00. I got mine for GBP 90.00 (about USD 180.00) 18 months ago. Why do people have such a hard on for him exactly?

He was my 2nd HT figure but first on my list back then. For me I just wanted a marine with normal gear and I didn't like Apone that much so went with Hicks as he's more a typical marine. I got a Reese too but they are no where near as popular.

He is a rare figure to come by. Also his popularity. After all he was the only Marine to survive.

Getting the liner off is th only way to fit his helmet halfway decently...
And yes, the popularity is simply because he is Hicks. And not a very good likeness at that...
Other than the shotgun and holster, it would be a lot easier to get Hudson and repaint the armour. Even "Hudson's" headsculpt is closer to Biehn's Hicks than the original Hicks figure.
People are silly that way.

If any figure ever needed to be re-released, it's Hicks.

I would kill for one of these guys , I hope I can pick one up soon , Aliens was such a great movie and Hicks figures are rarely made , with this being the best it can go fro ridiculous prices!.

I don't know what makes him so popular, myself. He wasn't that great a character IMO, though I did like his shotgun/holster, but that's about it.

I actually prefer Hudson to Hicks(Both character wise and Hot Toys 1/6), but that's probably just me.

I don't know what makes him so popular, myself. He wasn't that great a character IMO, though I did like his shotgun/holster, but that's about it.

I actually prefer Hudson to Hicks(Both character wise and Hot Toys 1/6), but that's probably just me.

:rock definitely hudson overhicks in the HT line for me

Im there with you, Hicks was good but I always liked Hudson more then him.

You know, I can't go a day without reading a reference to that damn "Hicks sold for $2000+" auction, but the fact of the matter is that (aside from Nash's auction which I assume he was not paid for) none of the other Hicks auctions since then have even come close to getting anywhere near that much. Yes, he's a valuable figure in that he gets around $400, but that $2000+ auction was a freak occurrence. Either the buyer or the seller (or both) were up to something, or the buyer was a complete moron. Either way, it doesn't mean that Hicks is a $2000+ figure. Heck, you can get him for a $510 BIN right now (that's still at least twice what he's worth, realistically).

As for why he's popular, as I've said before, he was the "main" marine, and if someone wanted to only get one marine, he's the one they're going to get. Simple as that, really.

why do you assume my auction was not paid for? :lol just be happy with what you have, and stop being so pessimistic.

If it was your auction, i would be happy for you and congratulate you. not doubt you or laugh at your BIN price. but maybe thats just me.

Well, the only reason I can think of for you being so cagey about it is that you didn't get paid. Don't get me wrong -- if you did actually sell it for that price, that's great for you, and I don't see anything wrong with it. What I'm trying to dispute is the idea that "Hicks goes for thousands of dollars" which doesn't actually seem to be the case in general.

why do you assume my auction was not paid for? :lol just be happy with what you have, and stop being so pessimistic.

If it was your auction, i would be happy for you and congratulate you. not doubt you or laugh at your BIN price. but maybe thats just me.

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

It wasn't just one - it was a bidding war between a few surly.

What?!
You actually got 2k for Hicks?
I am in awe. I want to have access to ebay like, now.
Jesus. Freak occurance or not, that is simply amazing. Personally, I felt ripped off when I paid over 100 for Hicks and then saw him at SST for 85, but that's life.

I got mine from eBay for £90 ($180) inc shipping 18 months ago and I thought that was expensive back then! He was my 3rd HT fig.

Back