THINGS HAVE CHANGED........

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pitchin4eva

I remember when the week leading up to SDCC, the board would be buzzing with gossip & excitement. But this SDCC seems a low key affair almost a sombre atmosphere. It's not just the LOTR section......most sections too. Nothing to look forward to, as everything has been announced, maybe? :lol

Well.. the announcement of the final three pieces killed it for many, didn't it?

Anyway, what is the there to look forward to LOTR-wise at
SDCC?

Nada.

Edit:...Actually read past your first sentence....I should just have just replied with a "YES".

:doh

What we do have to look forward to at SDCC this year are more pictures of the upcoming LOTR releases.

While it won't have the excitement of even ToyFair earlier this year, at least we'll get some different and hopefully detailed pictures of the previewed items. Hey, it's something... ;)

Well, it's not LOTR but there is a rumor of a major announcement about a different line. So there's THAT to look forward to...

But this SDCC will be about quality rather than quantity. Not a lot of new stuff revealed, but we've gotten a bunch of new stuff in the past weeks. And perhaps there will be one or two big surprises (again, in other lines).

I'm still hoping that SideShow might revive the Hellboy figures a little by making a few new ones, like Rasputin. Other than that, all I'm looking forward to is seeing some actual footage of the new pieces. So its not a total loss. We might not get loads of new stuff, but its not a dead end either.

I'm just looking forward to seeing all the new stuff in greater detail. What the Mumakil looks like in person (or on someones camera!) etc etc.

Im actually surprised also, last year we saw the ad in Lee's Toy review. This year no hints.
Arnold 1/4, Predator 1/4 perhaps????

I cant see it Josh, with GG doing their 1/6 releases. I would rather have SS do it, look what they are doing with Marvel. They could take the SW line above and beyond with the diorama's.

For LOTR, I'll be excited to see pics of the new statues with Chuck's eye for detail. His pic of Gothmog on Warg is what made me preorder him months ago.

For other lines, I'd like to see the Predator 1/4, Star Wars 1:1's, hopefully some new Star Wars 1/4's , and hopefully more 1/4 Terminator pieces. There's a LOT to look forward to for those who collect more than just LOTR.

And you know Sideshow will be giving away TONS of prizes on their site. I've won a nice prize every time I've ever been on the chat. Sideshow has the best giveaways of any company I've ever been around.:rock

Well, I doubt it happens either Viking but its a hope.

Well, of course but I don't think its that at all.

For LOTR, I'll be excited to see pics of the new statues with Chuck's eye for detail.

Your gonna get so many pics from everyone it won't even be funny.

As long as they have some good contests in chat :google :google :google and i win a nice prize :clap :clap :clap ---- I'm happy :lol :lol :lol

TC :bonk :eye :bonk

Yeah, there are no fun boxes to speculate over (a la Toy Fair); I suppose I am jazzed for pics. :banana

re

End of an era, yes, but I can't get sentimental over the line...although I will still be collecting Weta collectibles...of the Ape kind. :p :rock :D

Re: The major announcement!!

I think we have alot of complaints and arguments to look forward to at this years SDCC .:(

I'm actually really looking forward to Richard Taylor and the Weta gang talk about the end of the line - why they didn't bring out more pieces, whether they're going to continue it some day etc. Should be good stuff.

I am with Elwood,

We need more Terminator 1/4 pieces for sure. I am 90% positive that Predator 1/4 will be released too. FINALLY!

I also hope the Indiana Jones license is announced but I doubt it.

More Star Wars 1/4 figures would also be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back