Condemned: Criminal Origins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt S

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I did not see this under a search, but I went back and replayed the first game as part 2 comes out March 11 (and looks fantastic)....

I forgot how intense/scary this game really is....I highly recommend it as a purchase or rental.

thought it was ok, got a tad repetitive after a while & all the levels apart from the last looked the same

I dunno - replaying it the second time, I was pretty into it - the levels had similarities, but I thought they were just different enough....the badguys kept me on my toes.

From what I can see of the second one, it will have an 'out there' feel to it.

Never finished the first one. To me, it got boring after a while. Might rent it again since I sold it, then rent the second one.

This was the first game I played and beat when I got my 360. It is rare for me to play a game and get really freaked out when playing it.

I'm with you, Matt. Looking forward to this, especially the multiplayer!

:rock :rock

Loved the first one! And I will def. get the 2nd one! There aren't many good horror games out anymore. But there seems to be a lot coming:

Condemned 2
Alone in the Dark (check out the new video at IGN, it looks really good)
DeadSpace
RE5
Silent Hill 5
Alan Wake (if it ever comes out :monkey2:monkey2)

Loved the first one! And I will def. get the 2nd one! There aren't many good horror games out anymore. But there seems to be a lot coming:

Condemned 2
Alone in the Dark (check out the new video at IGN, it looks really good)
DeadSpace
RE5
Silent Hill 5

I'll be surprised if Alone in the Dark comes out this year, seeing how Atari is handling things nowadays.

I am hoping it does hit this year, though.

Loved the first one! Silent Hill 5

This was the first game I played and beat when I got my 360. It is rare for me to play a game and get really freaked out when playing it.

I'm with you, Matt. Looking forward to this, especially the multiplayer!

:rock :rock

I am with you guys on most of those games; AND as for the Alone in the Dark issues, man, it has me NERVOUS!!!!

When Condemned 2 hits, my gamertag is Matt "VT" Schlo - keep me in mind....

As for new, upcoming games, while not horror (as far as I know) per se, I am pumped for Heavy Rain too - from the makers of Indigo Prophecy....

As for Alan Wake, I respect the fact that the makers are taking their time and that the game is 'done when its' done' but someone should have warned me that this is an epic in the making. Considering how cool Max Payne was, I gotta hope that Alan Wake will blow us away when it does hit....I could use one of those super rare, 'special' games in the next 12 months....

Going back to Condemned, glad to see some others here that got into it - I can appreciate that this type of game is not everyone's cup of tea, but it was medium length, and just about the right amt of levels (ten); that said, I hope part 2 is a bit longer. The makers of the first feel that the plot was a bit convoluted, but I do not agree; it was pretty good - not totally original, of course, but I would not say 'convoluted.' I hope part 2 does not have a 'black and white' plot without subtlety!

Part 2 has a much needed, and improved forensics element to it that will be fun to play....

I started this one and really liked it. Not sure why I stopped playingit probably because something else came out. I will go back and finish it in between other games. I probably won't get the second one for ahile though.

I hope the multiplayer is good. I love the feel of this game and to extend it in to multiplayer is awesome. But like I said I hope its fun and not a let down.

Well anyone who wants both games. BesyBuy is packaging them together as buy one get one free while supplies last at launch.

Got Bloodshot!!! I am not great at giving a quick review...but it's awesome! The gameplay is much better than the first, the new more in depth forensic parts of the game are actually fun and controlled by the player! I have only done 2 missions so far, which took me about 3 hours (exploring involved)....they are 11 total. So that can give you an idea of the length of the game.

I tried the multiplayer, it wasn't bad, takes some getting use to and a bit confusing at first.

The game also has a "Bloodshot Fight Club" in which there are basically fighting missions with unique tasks to complete.

A fan of the first game should definitely get it, or any fan of horror games should pick this up! Now when I play this later in the dark at like midnight, i'll probably have nightmares :monkey2:monkey2:monkey5.

Back