Marvel Main Events (Spoilers) [Currently Heroic Age]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mithrandier

Super Freak
Reaction score
Thought it might be nice to have one thread with all the Secret Invasion Spoilers in it, since this is Marvel's next big storyline coming up in April.

I will update the known Skrull list as they are revealed:

Known Skrulls and their reveal:

Black Bolt (New Avengers Illuminati #5)
Elektra (New Avengers #31)
Revolutionary (Avengers Initiative Annual #1)
Crusader (Avengers: The Initiative #9)
Cobalt Man (Captain Marvel #3)

Last edited:
Re: Secret Invasion Spoilers

Secret Invasion #1 McNiven Variat Cover

t_SecretInvasion01McNivenVa.jpg

I thought it sux that Black Bolt was announced as a Skull...When Hulk beat him in WWH it wasnt even him...:monkey4

Yep, the beat down was given to a Skrull, but to the Hulk's defense, the Illuminati were able to take down the Black Bolt Skrull as well. No way they woulda been able to do that. Now the Hulk would be able to.

2144new_storyimage8863781_full.jpg

Yep, that is Howard the Duck in there

Last edited:

Thought it might be nice to have one thread with all the Secret Invasion Spoilers in it, since this is Marvel's next big storyline coming up in April.

I will update the known Skrull list as they are revealed:

Known Skrulls and their reveal:

Black Bolt (New Avengers Illuminati #5)
Elektra (New Avengers #31)

Nice to see the thread-- I talked about starting one awhile ago. I hope a mod maybe sticks it as things'll heat up in the next few months.

Black Bolt New Avengers Illuminati #5

1808story_banner4545010.jpg

Who: Black Bolt, leader of the Inhumans
When Revealed: New Avengers: Illuminati #5, page 9
What Happened: The Illuminati gathers together after a long absence from each other. This is post-just about everything in the Marvel U. HoM, Civil War, Namor’s mini, the death of Captain America; it’s all happened at this point. The New Avengers, after finding out Elektra was a Skrull, had the Skrull body taken by one of their own- Jessica Drew, Spider-woman. She brought the body to Tony Stark, he brought it to the Illuminati. After discussing the bad (they’re seemingly undetectable by every known means, Wolverine’s heightened senses, Dr. Strange’s magic, Spidey’s Sense, and as is revealed here, Iron Man’s Technology OR Professor X’s telepathy), and the good (only one so far, can be killed, may have some time to prepare), the mighty Black Bolt speaks. There’s no instantaneous explosion, as is the norm. He says “Actually, I have a better idea. I take the body. And your people die so that my people can live…” then triggers a massive explosion, presumably with his mimicked powers of the true Inhuman king. He then goes on to exhibit the malleability of Mr. Fantastic, and telepathy that knocks back the “stronger-than-ever” Charles Xavier. It breaks from the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, and finally, Namor impales it with a large fragment of debris from the explosion.
Fallout: Well, Black Bolt is no longer part of the team, and this begs the question- where’s the real Black Bolt? Also, after he was killed, two more Super-Skrulls showed up exhibiting powers of two recently returned characters, Thor and Colossus. The Skrull-ossus then also used Cyclops’ eye blast; so the jury is still out on who, if anyone, these two are/were mimicking and replacing at this point. They were seemingly annihilated by a high powered blast from Iron Man, but with no bodies, it’s impossible to confirm.

Last edited:

In a recent interview in WIZARD they say that there have been clues throughout the Avengers books as to the identity of the Skrulls. Anyone have any clues?

Secret Invasion #1 regular edition cover

Love the take on New Avenger #1 cover, says that this has been planned for awhile now.

secretinv_1.jpg

Secret Invasion: The Infiltration

December 2007
Avengers: The Initiative Annual #1

January 2008
Mighty Avengers #7

February 2008
Captain Marvel #4
New Avengers #38

March 2008
Captain Marvel #5
Ms. Marvel #25
New Avengers #39

Secret Invasion Begins April 2008

This is the checklist that leads up to the main mini-series.

So this makes me wonder where the real Black Bolt and Elektra are...

Who: Revolutionary of Pennsylvania’s Initiative team, the Liberteens.
When Revealed: Avengers Initiative Annual #1
What Happened: Revolutionary is reporting in to someone at Camp Hammond. His chin goes all Skrully as he’s thrillingly reporting that he, and the team, are well accepted and well respected in their state.
Fallout: The bigger deal here is this: There is a Skrull in a high level position at Camp Hammond, the chief training facility for new heroes being put into the 50 state initiative. We don’t know who yet, but three great candidates were shown in the earlier stories in the book.

They are doing Skrull covers a la Marvel Zombies covers now...

Re: Secret Invasion Discussion (Spoilers)

Professor X is a skrull just watch ....

Back