More Maps for Halo 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack's Smirking Revenge
Reaction score
Map 3 sounds fun

There are three brand new maps in their “Content Complete” stage as of now, meaning that they are all technically finished, and just have some testing to go through before they are ready for release. We recommend reading through the update yourself, but here’s a quick run down.

Note: These are the code names for each map. Final Map Names have been decided, but have not been announced according to Frankie.

Cottonball

* Very Large Map. Unless you’re playing a Big Team Snipers game, it would be a joke to play without vehicles.
* Set on a Halo Environment.
* Symmetrical (for the most part).
* Best played on Assault and CTF Game types.

Purple Reign

* Somewhere between Small and Medium sized.
* Going out on a limb here, but to me this sounds similar to a remake of “Prisoner”. Obviously from the text, not an exact remake, but holds very similar concepts.
* “Verticality” is an important aspect of this map. There are lots of ways up, and bridges connecting gaps between opposite sides.
* “Central Hub” which will certainly be fought over (Remind anyone of rockets from “Prisoner”? Again, totally making assumptions here, and I’m not even good at predicting these sorts of things.)
* One way glass to see incoming enemies.

OK Corral

* Medium to Large.
* From the description, sounds like a worn down city landscape of sorts.
* Confined spaces make vehicles only worth using in emergencies.
* High and Low Routes on the map make it tough to know where you’re enemies are coming from.

I really hope they are free. I've already paid for one set of new maps

Will these be free?

Bungie announced during the first map pack that Microsoft will NOT allow them to put up free maps (at first). They must sell them for a certain amount of time and then for those who waited can download them for free. I can only assume that the same will go for future DLC.

I heard that when these new maps are released that the previous new maps will become available for free.....

Get Brawl if you haven't already, it's really fun.

I saw highlights from it. Looked pretty much like an arcade style fighting game. Not really my thing. If Ican ever play a demo of it I'd decide for sure. Probaby will at Loki's party.

Back