3000 Han Solo's ???? Is that all!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Homer Simpson

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I have made no secret of the fact I am not Sideshows biggest fan, and have always said, I cannot see this line going that far.

One reason price, the main reason selection of figures. Last year, there were heated discussions regarding some of the releases, that came to a head after the 3 Endor Troopers surfaced. There was just too much secondary characters being released, without any main stream characters.

It appears that Sideshow have gone in the total opposite direction since then, and announced, with the odd exception, main stream characters. Luke, Leia, Ben and Han from the original movie, along with more Luke's! Are they trying to get all they can out of this license, before it becomes unprofitable.

I am now worried by the edition number of just 3000 for a main character like the smuggler Han Solo. Does this suggest this line is coming to a close? You would expect a character like the original Han to be one of the biggest edtions to date, but less than most that have gone before, suggests to me they can't shift this stuff. THe Bespin Han is still filling warehouses around the world. What chance has some of the secondary characters got, if they only expect to sell 3000 Han's? Can this line continue with such small edition numbers, as I'm sure the license for Star Wars probably costs more than most others put together.

We will know more after Toy Fair, but I would except that at least this 12 inch line, is starting to draw to an end, and I very much doubt we will ever see a Vader or Troopers or anything other than simple human like characters, that can use Sideshow very very dated standard body.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think Sideshow's arrogence in releasing a huge clump of no-bodies a while back, and removing a lot of completists, may finally be coming back to haunt them!

Last edited:
If that's all it takes for someone to drop the line they really aren't much of a collector.

I really can't see star wars coming to an end. If anything kills it - it will be the large numbers floating around in the secondary market - at least partially cos some people think anything with Star Wars on it will skyrocket in the secondary market. Kind of similar to what killed comics back in the 90's with the investor/speculators trying to cash in and artificially inflating demand.

I'm not entirely sure what would make u happy ? You didn't like the background characters, you didn't like the main characters - what EXACTLY do you think should have happened. I personally think if anything there should have been more non film main characters from the EU to help spread out the line - once they run through all the variations of the main heroes is when the line will end. I'd like to see some new things come up - particularly figures based on the various Video games.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think Sideshow's arrogence in releasing a huge clump of no-bodies a while back, and removing a lot of completists, may finally be coming back to haunt them!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

They know more than you about marketing this line..You say their arrogant?The arrogant ones are the know -it-all Star wars fans like you.

I will fight the ingrate SW fans until victory is at hand.:cool:

If that's all it takes for someone to drop the line they really aren't much of a collector.

I really can't see star wars coming to an end. If anything kills it - it will be the large numbers floating around in the secondary market - at least partially cos some people think anything with Star Wars on it will skyrocket in the secondary market. Kind of similar to what killed comics back in the 90's with the investor/speculators trying to cash in and artificially inflating demand.

I'm not entirely sure what would make u happy ? You didn't like the background characters, you didn't like the main characters - what EXACTLY do you think should have happened. I personally think if anything there should have been more non film main characters from the EU to help spread out the line - once they run through all the variations of the main heroes is when the line will end. I'd like to see some new things come up - particularly figures based on the various Video games.
I've think you've missed the point. Being Australian I can forgive you for that:lol

I'm not talking about collectors dropping the line. I'm talking about Sideshow dropping the line. If edtion number have fallen off so much, that they are going to release 3000 standard Han Solo's, what will that make the edtion numbers for some of the background characters??? If they only except to sell 3000 Original Solo's, is there a profit for Sideshow in continuing the line. Will Lucasfilm or Hasbro allow them to continue the line if they cannot shift the volume that you would except Star Wars collectables to achive?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

They know more than you about marketing this line..You say their arrogant?The arrogant ones are the know -it-all Star wars fans like you.
Thanks for your 3 posts. Can't really see how any added to the debate, but I'm sure you tried your best.:rolleyes: Maybe that a year down the line, they are struggling to produce an A List character in the same numbers as a nameless Endor Trooper, maybe suggests that their marketing may not be a great as you think.

Well, I'm not getting one, so there's one extra for someone else...

Homer... missed you. Is it that time of year again? OK.

THE SKY IS FALLING!

1118064432.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have made no secret of the fact I am not Sideshows biggest fan,

Just as a weird sidenote-- what are you doing on a site where SIDESHOW's biggest fans (ie freaks) discuss positively (and sometimes critically) their love for their hobby when you say that you are not a fan?

I'm going to pop over to the New England Patriots website and tell them (in the fan forum) how much they suck since I don't like them. Love the logic.:rotfl

another whiney SW thread .... imagine that ....... :monkey1

... people just dont understand that lower ES's are good to drive up a figure's value.
can find something to throw a tantrum about in any situation ....

Thread rated.:cool:

..... again .....

Oh noes! you're right! SS must be loosing the liscence if the edition sizes are getting smaller! Look at the bronze yoda and dooku, it's neet, but they must have known they would have has trouble! they only made 100!

:rolleyes:

Point is, Lower edition sizes are good for the line, especily if the figures retail prices keep climbing.

One thing to factor in about 3000 figures is that its not the only version of Han, and there is likely to be at least one more (Hoth) and many collectors may only want one.

Last edited:
3000 at $65 each, why thats only $195,000 in revenue.

They had better get out quick.

I have it on good authority that Sideshow IS in fact abandoning it's Star Wars license to focus on their more financially rewarding properties such as Reservoir Dogs and The Fly II. Sorry folks, it's been a nice run. :eek:

I have it on good authority that Sideshow IS in fact abandoning it's Star Wars license to focus on their more financially rewarding properties such as Reservoir Dogs and The Fly II. Sorry folks, it's been a nice run. :eek:

:lol:lol:lol

I heard they were going back to Hogan's Heroes. That's where the dough is.:D

Andy would make a good Kurgan.

:lol:lol:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back