GG CLone Wars Obi-Wan Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkKnight2k4

Super Freak
Reaction score
Next to come:

ObiWan_01.jpg

ObiWan_02.jpg

There will be multiple options collectors will be able to acquire Obi-Wan for their collections.

The first option is through Gentle Giant Ltd. directly. Since this piece is a companion piece to the statue, 2500 pieces will be allocated for this purpose. Anyone who has purchased the Obi-Wan in Clone Trooper Armor Statue can redeem through this method for purchase at $25, plus shipping/handling. After the NY Toy Fair, we will be sending out en email and posting on our website with specific instruction and guidelines for redeeming through GentleGiantLtd.com.

The other 2500 pieces will be spilt between our domestic and international retailers and be sold at full retail price of $55

They have a lot of nerve to pimp this like they are after the crap they pulled with the statue. Plus, it's Hostile Midget anyway. Therefore...

PassLogo.jpg

Well, at least people who purchased the statue can replace the obi-wan head with this one, as everybody know the statue's head after production came out bad.

Unless this is a final production piece shown in the pics, I'm not sure if will turn out much better. The statue prototype blows this away.

They can't even come right out and admit that the statue sucked and they are doing this as a way of consoling those who bought it. Instead, they just call this a "companion" piece--although we'll just have to wait and see if the next companion piece they do gets a thirty dollar discount...

They can't even come right out and admit that the statue sucked and they are doing this as a way of consoling those who bought it. Instead, they just call this a "companion" piece--although we'll just have to wait and see if the next companion piece they do gets a thirty dollar discount...

I know. They're insufferable.

:emperor

This would be an easy pass even if I did collect them. How often is GG putting out SW busts now?

I think I still might get this to display along with Plo Koon and the two female Jedi busts coming this year, or along with the clone busts.

This would be an easy pass even if I did collect them. How often is GG putting out SW busts now?

Sadly not as often as I liked. GG mini busts were my break into high end collecting, and I still like a lot of them, some of there more recent offerings were awesome; ROTS Vader, ESB Yoda, ROTS Palpatine, General Grievous, Chewbacc, Old Ben.

Not sure why GG can't get clone wars Obi-wan right... When he wore that armor in the first season of the 'toons he had long hair AOTC style (same in the comics). He did have the shorter hair in the second season of the 'toons, but the armor/outfit was way different.

Both the Statue and the bust have what looks to me like the ROTS style head/hairdo :confused: Definite pass...

My wife really likes the GG statues, and when she say the Obi-Wan in Clone Armor, she wanted it, but we never pre-ordered it. When it finjally came out, even she said 'ew. NO'.

Back