Look what I found

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Chaver

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Now that we know that Stormtroopers look like Jango Fett, will we see them with removable helmets?

Brock: Probably not. The problem with it design wise whether it’s a Stormtrooper, or any other figure, you have a helmet that goes all the way over a figures head you have to upsize that helmet to accommodate that. What ends up happening is it looks a little to big for what it should. For the most part, if we have a helmeted figure like that, you probably won’t be able to take off the helmet. …if we do a Stormtrooper, you know, they’re not that popular you know. (laughs) Not saying it would never happen, just it’s a production issue to be quite honest. You can get away with that a lot with the 1/4 scale figures, but with the [12” figures] engineering makes it tough. The helmets are already kind of big anyway.

I found this too,well actually a Medicom brother found it:

Jared: Grievous really lent it self to that format too. Because he’s more mechanical, we could make him static and we’re never going to do a 12” Grievous figure. I can guarantee that.

The GG quote is old. They have changed their stance on Grievous. and I have to be believe the Helmet question is old as well. I remember reading both of those quotes some time ago (well before the HT/SS announcement).

More on 12" Grievous:

That’ll make a lot of people cry. Looking at the 1/4 scale Grievous, there is little doubt that Sideshow would make the quintessential 12” scale version.

Jared: We can say chances are pretty slim…

Brock: We are really collector aimed in terms of keeping the value, or at least maintaining what you paid for it. What factors into it is not just who’s going to buy it, but what the actual suggested retail price is. When you have a figure like Grievous where, except for the cape, is all sculpture based while 12” figures have standard bodies, varying sizes, that we put the clothing on and add some hands and feet, head, and accessories on to it, it’s effective so we can give tight efficient sizes and have them so they still retain value. With something like Grievous, you have to sculpt every single part. If you’re doing it in a 12” scale, you can’t keep it down to that price. It’s not going to happen. Not when you can buy other figures in the line for a third of that price.

When they first started the line they were thinking of it very conservatively based around human type figures.
After Jabba came out there was a Q&A where they basically said all bets are off after seeing how successful he was. Although I forget the exact quote, someone specifically asked about Grievious and he said something like we weren't going to but now nothing can be ruled out.

I am hoping for a Grievous though...it would be AWESOME...

I'd buy it...what line would it go in?

I'd also love a clone armour Obi-Wan...

Yeah, those are some old quotes. And they've retracted the comment on Greivous never being made 1/6th.

I like this one too because they totally contradict themsevles with this statement.

So we can rest assured that we won’t be seeing an army of Tatooine Lukes?

Brock: No. Definitely not. We’ll visit a version of a character once and go on from there. We may, further on down the line, make a special deluxe version of it, but that’s doubtful, but it may happen. It’s hard to say since we’re just starting this and we just want to see how it does. We have high expectations [for the line] but at the same time we remain humble about it. We really just want to put out the figures we have and we think that fans will be really satisfied with what we’re doing with it.

I like this one too because they totally contradict themsevles with this statement.

So we can rest assured that we won’t be seeing an army of Tatooine Lukes?

Brock: No. Definitely not. We’ll visit a version of a character once and go on from there. We may, further on down the line, make a special deluxe version of it, but that’s doubtful, but it may happen. It’s hard to say since we’re just starting this and we just want to see how it does. We have high expectations [for the line] but at the same time we remain humble about it. We really just want to put out the figures we have and we think that fans will be really satisfied with what we’re doing with it.

So where are all those Tatooine Luke variants that you're talking about?

When they first started the line they were thinking of it very conservatively based around human type figures.
After Jabba came out there was a Q&A where they basically said all bets are off after seeing how successful he was. Although I forget the exact quote, someone specifically asked about Grievious and he said something like we weren't going to but now nothing can be ruled out.

The only bad part about this is the fact that the entire Jabba set was $400.00. So with the increase in 1/6 figures, and the previous statetment of the cost in making a greivious, he will cost a bundle!

None of those quotes are relevant anymore. There is only one Tatooine Luke, and they only said versions of a character, not characters themselves. They can make Lukes 'till the cows come home for all I care. I can do without Vader or Stormtroopers. As for the Grievous quote, that was done in the very beginning of the line before they had a clue how well it would do, and that was a year or two ago. They have since officially said that because of the line's success Grievous is now open to consideration and is a possibility. Consequently, those quotes are out-of-date, true though they once were. It's not contradictory, just new development.

Contradiction is a claim that a thing is what it is, and simultaneously not what it is, at the same time, and in the same respect.

Time has passed. :lecture

It says a "version" of a character. Jedi Knight is a version, farmboy is a version, Bespin is a version etc.

Yup. The context of the Q&A for that was whether SS would put out a zillion variants of a character. (ie Farm Boy Luke, FBLuke with poncho, FBLuke with Yavin meddle, Super Duper FBLuke with blast shield and X-wing clothes).

Back