Caring for the HT Aliens

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabres21768

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm really hoping to avoid dry rot on the rubber parts of my HT Aliens.

Is there something that I can put on them to help prevent dry rot?

ArmorAll.

I have used it on my AVP Warrior from since last year (before AVP:R figures where announced), and it works fine.

In fact, I think the figure is better than new.

ArmorAll.

I have used it on my AVP Warrior from since last year (before AVP:R figures where announced), and it works fine.

In fact, I think the figure is better than new.

are you serious?

ArmorAll?

whats dry rot?? what can it do to our HT Aliens figures??
sorry for the dumb question.

Exactly.

Mine got dried-out a bit and the glue came loose at the seams.
I used some crazy-glue to fix the problem, and sprayed some ArmorAll on it to hydrate the rubber a bit.

I haven't used it on my ALIENS figure yet though. I'm not sure if it will have any affect on the paint. It didn't have a negative affect on the AVP Alien, but that one doesn't have as much paint on it.

I posted on this many times. I used armor all on the Warrior and it looked better and kept it supple. Does nothing to the paint.

I used it on Drake's arms too, about to do it again...

that's what this stuff is, a rubber/plastic protectant...

I recommend armor all wipes...

I posted on this many times. I used armor all on the Warrior and it looked better and kept it supple. Does nothing to the paint.

I used it on Drake's arms too, about to do it again...

that's what this stuff is, a rubber/plastic protectant...

I recommend armor all wipes...

So the same would go for the Rambo figures too right? I have some armor all wipes, I need to get to work on my Rambo figures, Drakes arms and my HT Aliens.

So the same would go for the Rambo figures too right? I have some armor all wipes, I need to get to work on my Rambo figures, Drakes arms and my HT Aliens.

I would guess Chase. If you leave rubber figs/parts out on display for a long time, you really should wipe them once every couple months.

My thing is, I'll even treat them before reboxing when I rotate displays...

I will say this. I don't plan on armoralling anything. If they break then they were manufactured wrong and I just won't buy them again. Call me whatever but this just seems dumb. If this stuff is not made to last then that is my dumb fault for buying it. I know it sounds harsh but so does um putting armorall on your dolls.

I agree dude, why should we have to do anything with this product especially when they are being displayed and not played with. Id understand if people constantly touch them but in this case they are behind glass or being displayed with no touchy touchy. Thankgod i didnt buy any HT Aliens man

Well... do as you wish. You won't hear any complaints from me.
In my case, I see it as protecting my investments.

I'm the one who will lose when/if they break, so.... I would rather try to prevent that from happening.

I'm the one who will lose when/if they break, so.... I would rather try to prevent that from happening.

To each his own. I understand where you are coming from. I just dont agree. And that is fine. Who really cares anyway. LOL!

For what it's worth, flexible materials don't last forever. The worst would be latex rubber that masks used to be made of-- it lasts for about 10 years. Other flexible materials, like silicone and polyurethane have a much longer lifespan; maybe 20 - 30 years? I have some cast-skin (polyurethane?) godzilla toys that are more than 10 years old, with absolutely no hint of deterioration (and I don't do any maintenance on them). Ultimately, I don't think that you can really do much to avoid deterioration though. Armorall helps protect vinyl dashboards from drying out-- they're subjected to some pretty severe conditions. I don't think that it can fully replace the plasticizers that naturally leach out through time, or indefinitely stave off the natural deterioration of the material.

If you've got the time and it makes you feel better, go for it. Otherwise, enjoy the toys now for their coolness factor. In 30 years, you may not even care!

-Jim

I certainly agree that you shouldn't have to do this kind of thing. The question, though, is whether it is necessary to do so. I really don't know the answer to that. I haven't had any problems so far, but I haven't had them very long (nobody has, really).

I hear ya bro and i understand you wanna protect your possessions

These collectibles are expensive investments, so it would suck if they didn't last for more than a couple years.

Anyway, does anyone know if I could use Armor All on the Takara Batman Begins batsuit?

these things detereorate?!?!?!!? because they dry up??? oh bloody hell imagine what the climate here would do to them.. the rubber coating would shrink and pop off like a 300 pound womans bikini:monkey4.
and if its possible could someone post a pic of a can/whatever container of armorall please?

Back