Amoktime releasing their own horror figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abake

Rex Tremendae Majestatis
Reaction score
Interesting bit of news:

https://amoktime.com/news.asp

Notice the "Universal Monsters 23"" bit...
I wonder if those will be figures like the NECA/McF 18" figures, or more like the SST PF statues. Or large clothed figures.
Also, the Rondo Hatton figure looks sweet, but it seems to have very limited articulation.

Well, it's always good to have more figures to choose from.

Gort!!! Gort!!! Gort!!!

Man, I've wanted a 1/6 Gort for a long time... he looks pretty good. I'm definitely going for that one :rock

I don't know...I've always wanted a 1:6 Gort too, but that just doesn't do it for me. I know the original costume wasn't super detailed, but couldn't they have done a better job on the head? Maybe have an opening visor? And the torso looks too short.

It will be interesting to see what they do with the Uni Monsters.

Yeah, I need to look at some film stills. He looks maybe a bit too clean?
Although I think for price and scale he might be the best option we'll ever see. I was really hoping this would be a Sideshow figure one day :monkey3

Gort.jpg

amok02052b.jpg

Yeah, I need to look at some film stills. He looks maybe a bit too clean?

I don't think it's too clean. I think besides the torso being to short, it looks pretty accurate from the neck down. But I'm not crazy about that waist-cut either.

I do think an opening visor would have been nice.

Klaatu and Gort are so bizarre and goofy (in a good way) that I'm thinking about getting them...
They sure would look good next to some of SST's figures (Metaluna Mu-tant comes to mind...)

I can't believe I'm getting Jor-El and Klaatu and Gort figures in the same year.

Do you believe in miracles? YES!!!!!!!!!! :mexwave

Klaatu and Gort are so bizarre and goofy (in a good way) that I'm thinking about getting them...
They sure would look good next to some of SST's figures (Metaluna Mu-tant comes to mind...)

Metaluna Mutant was the figure that first made me think about Gort even being a possibility! So excited, now if my order would just go through :cuss

I don't think it's too clean. I think besides the torso being to short, it looks pretty accurate from the neck down. But I'm not crazy about that waist-cut either.

I do think an opening visor would have been nice.

More like pretty accurate from the wrists down. :lol The likeness is all wrong. :monkey5 The helmet is wrong, the chest is wrong, the torso is wrong, the hips are wrong, and the boots are wrong. Even the scale is wrong. The visor don't work???? That's just wrong. Still, it's easily recognizable as Gort. What could be wrong?

As GB says, "Although I think for price and scale he might be the best option we'll ever see."

Also, the Rondo Hatton figure looks sweet, but it seems to have very limited articulation.
I hope they change the size of his buttons by the time it gets released. There's no excuse for them buttons being wrong.

It almost looks like they approached Gort as an complete character as opposed to a guy in a suit. If they went with guy in a suit I think he would have turned out looking a lot better.

But side-by-side Gort looks great with Klaatu in front of him. And you can argue with $100 for the pair :rock

Day of the Dead 12 inch figures! I'm excited. Hopefully we see a 12 inch Bub at Toy Fair, I'd buy him in a flash.

12 inch Day of the Dead figures are coming. From their website:

"Some products for 2008 include:
1) Day of the Dead Action Figure's 12in and More.
..."

Its only a matter of time before we see a 12" Bub.

12 inch Day of the Dead figures are coming. From their website:

"Some products for 2008 include:
1) Day of the Dead Action Figure's 12in and More.
..."

Its only a matter of time before we see a 12" Bub.

I'll be all over a 12" Bub, already got the 12" Night Cemetery zombie on order

I'm a little iffy on the Night Zombie... he looks pretty good, but not great. I think I'm gonna wait and see how the production figure turns out.

Back