darth maul or boba fett

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schuey

Freaked Out
Reaction score
hi guys,been out of the collecting game for a little while but now want to start adding to my collection again,but need some advice, im thinking of buying a 1.4 darth maul or a 1.4 boba fett sideshow figure,ive already got darth vader and obi,but would like some comments on how the figures compare to these guys,thanks

In my opinion, the Fett PF is the most detailed and best looking PF in the line, but also the lightest.

The Maul PF is also pretty cool, and heavier.

If I had to choose, there would be no choice at all--I would rather have Boba Fett by far. (Although I am happy to have both.)

I have the Fett. He's amazing. But people don't like him because he seems to be made of plastic instead of polystone.

I have the Fett. He's amazing. But people don't like him because he seems to be made of plastic instead of polystone.

I'm saving up my points for him over Maul and I had Maul but sold him. I like the looks of Boba and he's OT so it's a no brainer for me.

When I start to run out of space and newer must-have characters are released in the future, Maul and Luke/Yoda will be the first candidates for selling off. Fett will not be going anywhere.

That surprises me Tom, I figured the incorrect helmet flare and scale would have turned you off about Fett.

I prefer the look of Boba... something about Maul's pose I don't really care for. But both really look like great pieces.

Neither of them are anywhere near my fave PF, but if it came down to it, I would go Maul.

The only real drawback to Maul is the very awkward lean -- assuming you don't have issues with the light-up feature.

id have to say maul. fett is awesome. but the helmet size and shape bugs me just a bit. i have him posed with his head down and tilted which saves it alot

maul on the other hand just has such a "thicker look". the layers and quality of his clothes and the way they lay is awesome. plus the tough "grimace' is very reminiscent of the EP1 teaser trailer . PLUS he has a light up saber feature.

I would go with Fett. Yea, Maul is a badass character and all, but just based on the look of the 1/4 and seeing them both in person; the Fett just looks like the better statue IMO. The work on the mandolorian armor is just fantastic as is everything in the sculpt. maul is captured great in his sculpt, but I wasn't 100% happy with the posing. I would pick maul if he had this pose; but since he doesn't, go with Fett.

TPM_DoubleSaber_med.jpg

boba_sideshow.jpg
Sign_greaterThan.GIF
sideshow_premium_darthmaul.jpg

I have both and Boba is so much better then Maul !
Best SW PF yet !

having seen both Maul and Boba, I have to say Boba Fett...costume detailed is amazing...I find maul PF really boring...And his likeness is a not as good as the Sideshow or medicom 12''s, wich is kinda weak for a PF...

Go for Boba.

Darth Maul was my first PF so I don't have much to compare it to. I really like it and think it's a great piece.

Back