Robocop PF notice!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natrix

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just got my notice..can't wait!

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of our Robocop Premium Format Figure – Sideshow Exclusive (item #71491) from our Robocop Collectibles. We appreciate your patience in waiting for the arrival of this Limited Edition, Sold Out item, and would like to inform you that this item will be arriving in our Los Angeles warehouse within approximately the next 10-15 days.

Sideshow Collectibles will be authorizing your credit card on file with us for this item upon its arrival. Please expect to receive another e-mail in approximately 7-10 days, which will notify you about the processing of your order. If you need to update your credit card, billing and/or shipping address information, or cancel an item/order, PLEASE DO SO AS SOON AS POSSIBLE VIA YOUR ONLINE USER ACCOUNT.

Last edited:
i thought this was not coming in until wayyyy later :(

Had to cancel. Hope to get it later on though.

I have the regular on pre-order. I wonder if that is shipping the same time as the exclusive? Hope to have this one by March.

Just got this! I can't wait to see how "battle damaged" this one will arrive to me in... :D

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of our Robocop Premium Format Figure – Sideshow Exclusive (item #71491) from our Robocop Collectibles. We appreciate your patience in awaiting the arrival of this Limited Edition, Sold Out collectible.

At this time, we would like to inform you that this item is estimated to arrive into our warehouse within the next 3-5 days. We will BEGIN “pre-authorizing” credit cards for this purchase within the next 24 hours, in the sequence in which all of the pre-orders for this item were placed. A “pre-auth” is not a direct charge, but is a “hold” of funds pending the shipment of your order. Your credit card will be charged once the item is shipped from our warehouse.

Just got this! I can't wait to see how "battle damaged" this one will arrive to me in... :D

robocop2-04.jpg

I'm a very big fan of the first robocop movie and i'm very dissapointed with this figure, so i cancelled it. It is funny that a 50 euro neca figure still is the most authentic figure of them all.

I'm a very big fan of the first robocop movie and i'm very dissapointed with this figure, so i cancelled it. It is funny that a 50 euro neca figure still is the most authentic figure of them all.

What? You think the NECA Robocop is better than the Sideshow 1/4 figure?

What? You think the NECA Robocop is better than the Sideshow 1/4 figure?

When talking about righ proportions and sculp yes certainly. I don't know if you own it but let me explain:

Neca captured the exact helmet of the movie, this is especially noticable at the back of the head wich should not be flat like in the sideshow version. In this regard the sideshow version looks plain weird. Also the vision line at the front of the helmet is to big on the Sideshow one. This makes it look like the cartoon robocop, again neca has this correct.

Neca captured a much better likeness of Peter Weller (the mouth area).

Sideshow Robocop has fat ancles and the legs are badly proportioned. The waist is to slim. The Neca is better in all these aspects.

Overall the Neca is much better regarding authenticity but ofcourse lacks the high production quality of the sideshow robo.

When talking about righ proportions and sculp yes certainly. I don't know if you own it but let me explain:

Neca captured the exact helmet of the movie, this is especially noticable at the back of the head wich should not be flat like in the sideshow version. In this regard the sideshow version looks plain weird. Also the vision line at the front of the helmet is to big on the Sideshow one. This makes it look like the cartoon robocop, again neca has this correct.

Neca captured a much better likeness of Peter Weller (the mouth area).

Sideshow Robocop has fat ancles and the legs are badly proportioned. The waist is to slim. The Neca is better in all these aspects.

Overall the Neca is much better regarding authenticity but ofcourse lacks the high production quality of the sideshow robo.

Well no I don't own the NECA Robocop but I have seen it in box many times and just didn't like the overall appearance of it. I find the paint apps to almost anything NECA or McFarlane for that matter to be sloppy and rather toyish than a higher end looking figure.

I always thought the mouth area looked kinda weird myself but now that you mention all these things i'm gonna take another look!

Well no I don't own the NECA Robocop but I have seen it in box many times and just didn't like the overall appearance of it. I find the paint apps to almost anything NECA or McFarlane for that matter to be sloppy and rather toyish than a higher end looking figure.

I always thought the mouth area looked kinda weird myself but now that you mention all these things i'm gonna take another look!

I recommend it, it looks way better out of the box and when posed right it almost looks like a statue. It is a shame that it is not produced like a high end figure regarding paint and materials. It seems that among most robocop fans the neca is still favorite.

I recommend it, it looks way better out of the box and when posed right it almost looks like a statue. It is a shame that it is not produced like a high end figure regarding paint and materials. It seems that among most robocop fans the neca is still favorite.

Maybe i'll get it to go with my 18" NECA Endoskeleton, now that piece was done really nice.

I wish SSC had posted more production photos before mailing. They might have avoided at least a few cancellations, but now that the exclusive's on second chance, maybe some of the folks who have a regular version coming can switch over. I kind of went on faith with this one with no production pics, but no regrets, I just got mine and I think it looks great. Just a couple of photos:

full-length-03.jpg

Head/Helmet:

head-01.jpg

head-03.jpg

Holster:

holster-inner-flash-01.jpg

The holster mechanism looks like it's made of polystone. The gun cage seems like it could swing out much further out from the thigh, but I couldn't pull it without stressing. Maybe some day, I'll try to wiggle it out all the way, maybe not. It's not how I'd display it anyway.

The arms, elbows, forearms, head, and waist twist for limited articulation. The pneumatic cylinders at the back of his legs are cast polystone.

I had an issue with a scuffed up base, but once that's fixed by SSC, he's a keeper.

Wow, I think he looks great. Mine should be here next week. My biggest fear is that his armor will arrived scuffed. But that doesn't seem to be an issue for now.

Back