The official word on Faramir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FrodoEyes

Well I've heard from others on why they chose not to do Faramir. Basically it was a pick and choose thing, nothing to do with image rights or whatever. They just felt that human characters don't sell. Which is why they released an Aragorn statue at what was it.....5000 or so?? :rolleyes
They didn't feel they could sell 2000 Faramirs, point in case being Wormtongue. So those of you who wanted Faramir, you should all have bought lots of Wormtongue statues!

Love the photos and stuff from the event, but I'm most angry about why they said there was no Faramir, because the human statues don't sell as well. That's absurd because everything will sell out eventually, even the Haradhrim soldier! It really does feel that they don't listen to collectors wants too much, but the most disappointing thing is that they obviously don't care about doing a complete collection.

Hey don't blame me I have a Wormtongue! :poke

*Edit - statue that is. :p

Excellent - we three deserve Faramir statues then!

Or a bust....

Hmm maybe we can get someone to re-sculpt Aragorn at the Black Gates to Faramir at Osgiliath.... :idea

I had a feeling this was the main reason we never got Faramir and Denethor. It's too easy for someone to look at Eomer bust sales and say "We can't make Faramir, we can't even give away the Eomers that we have." Nevermind the fact that the main reason for poor sales on the Eomer bust is a bad likeness... especially in the Sideshow photos.

None the less, I feel that Faramir should have been made. I would have possibly accepted no Denethor due to poor sales reasons, but Faramir is just too important to leave out.

A Faramir statue would have sold. If they can sell out Galadriel, they can sell out Faramir. I would have been content with a Denethor bust, but I think that would have sold poorly. A Denethor statue, though, would have sold well enough to produce 2000.... just due to the fact that statue collectors probably greatly outnumber the bust collectors.

What a shame. And for the record I own the Grima bust AND statue :)

I must be the main demographic that Sideshow checked, because I sold/cancelled all of my SS/W human sculpts that weren't on Steed. :)

I've got Grima . Great statue with a dead-on likeness . Even though I love this statue , I would trade it in a heartbeat for a Faramir . I say we donate all of our Grimas back to Weta to have them ground down and recast as Faramirs . :D

Hmm, can't let go of my statue - looks too good with Saruman. I will give them the bust though. :ar

Yeah, that's a lame excuse. That's like saying "we can't make any non-human characters because we can't get rid of the Orc Overseer bust." It all depends on the character, not whether it's human or not.

All they had to do was look on these boards to know that a Faramir would have sold with no problem. Why not have made him on Steed rather than Aragorn which we already have two statues of? :dunno

I have loadsa human busts and stats. Poor excuse SS :puke :puke

TC :bonk :eye :bonk

I got my Grima Statue here... really likes him, but would rather have Faramir

Didn't sell well? The way to fix any "this might not sell well" argument is to just set a low ES to begin with. Guaranteed sell out.

And just for the record, I have a Grima statue (next to my Saruman statue) and really like him.

Seriously - they could lower the prices for a change to sell well.

Also - I would have bought a Faramir Statue over that stupid freaky looking toysrus Elephant the Mumak.

Am the only one who sees its just an elephant with extra tusks -- why demand that -- when Boromir's brother is not even made.

"Human" characters don't sell well huh? How long did it take pippin statue to sell out?

Maybe it has to do with ES of the piece, pose, price, etc. Nah, that would be too logical to be a consideration.

I am sure that they probably don't sell as well as the beasties and baddies, but that is also because (imo) the likeness of the humans have been subpar and mostly boring. But as said above, they will all sell out eventually.

Sounds like a cheap backpeddle to me.

Lame excuse,Lower the E-sizes and price!
:eek:

Is a Rohirrim Soldier a Human?
Maybe a `Faramir` It started life as!

I wrote sideshow daily asking them not to make a Faramir

:thwak for Bodie

Hey FE, where did you get this info? It wasn't from Carl Rove was it? :eek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back