MaulFan's ROTS Duel Film Still Gallery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok folks, since the Old Ben thread seems popular, and many of you've never seen these, I figured I'd post this gallery. This is where it all started. When I received my ROTS Anakin from Sideshow, I just knew I would attempt to place him and Obi-Wan into stills from the film. The figures look so good and it's my favorite relationship in the saga so I looked forward to recreating the drama of the duel with figures. From there spawned my other film still work. Enjoy. There's sequence gaps, and perhaps one day I'll go back and complete it, but I think it still works as is.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

"You were my brother, Anakin! I loved you!" I think I've seen that whole scene between Ben and Anakin like a 100 times. I sit there just mouthing the words. Best part of the whole movie.

Great work!

Eric

as good as your photography is.. I'm not a big fan of the mixed media photos... plastic just doesn't look good next to live actors.. you get that burger king feel to it. atleast the first batch with padme... either that or you need to upgrade with darren resculpts.

Congrats Sean...

That has to be the most amazing display of images I have ever seen posted here... since, well, since you posted the Maul Set.:D

Congrats Bro!

Thanks Paul, looking back on these, I think compared to Old Ben my abilitie have grown, though some, for my first attempts, are still favorites to this day.

Man great work. This makes me feel so behind the curve. LOL! My shoddy lightsabers and lightening. :rotfl

Maul Fan you are AWESOME!
No matter what you do it always comes out great, no matter what other people might say. I'd like to see them pull this off!
Awesome job once again!
:chew:

excellent work MF i like them all but this one is just cool as hell......:rock

24.jpg

Incredible/Stunning work as always, Sean! :rock :rock :rock :rock

However, might I point out that your awesome pics actually showcase the lackluster factory paint apps on these two figures... particularly when compared to the likes of ANH Obi-Wan.

If you had DarkArtist repainted ROTS Obi-Wan and Anakin for your shots they'd look even more like the film.

Still, fantastic work! It's a testament to the job you did that the figures themselves didn't quite seem up to snuff, especially Anakin. :monkey3

as good as your photography is.. I'm not a big fan of the mixed media photos... plastic just doesn't look good next to live actors.. you get that burger king feel to it. atleast the first batch with padme... either that or you need to upgrade with darren resculpts.

I think Maulfan has shown considerable improvement since then.

But I can certainly understand your opinion of these as the figures do stand out too much, are too sharp compared to the fuzzy screen grabs, and colors are too saturated.

Maulfan, do you still have the unflattened versions of these pics? Maybe you can do a special edition like Mr. Lucas has? I think I recall you saying that you did these in a hurry?

I think Maulfan has shown considerable improvement since then.

But I can certainly understand your opinion of these as the figures do stand out too much, are too sharp compared to the fuzzy screen grabs, and colors are too saturated.

Maulfan, do you still have the unflattened versions of these pics? Maybe you can do a special edition like Mr. Lucas has? I think I recall you saying that you did these in a hurry?

I wasn't persay in a hurray, though I did hurry a few, but I just didn't do as many as planned because of how long it was taking. I did these back in fall/winter of 2006 as soon as Obi-Wan was delivered. I'll be posting my Maul dessert duel shots later today. With each set I think I get better at it.

As for the general blending of the figures in, in some cases they're just too sharp in general, but in most, I make a line of where to blend it in up to because I don't want to totally lose the figure, I try to keep it somewhat sharp because the whole reason I do these is content and love for the figures I put in them. Like the Old Ben's, I wanted the sculpt work to shine so I kept it in strong focus. I know a lot of people like the Old Ben's, but I still think my Jabba stills are the best I've done.

Christ on a bike !!!!! must have been a massive undertaking, theres so many !

Lighting and positioning to match everything up - cause they all do, incredibly well !

Gob smacked ! nuff said

Back