Stubbs the Zombie: Yea or Nay?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
CF Supporter
Reaction score
300_zombie21.jpg

Well, it depends on what you are looking for. It's not really a horror game. Sure, there is the requisite biting and flesh eating, but the game is actually a comedy. Stubbs was a traveling salesman who was killed. When he is "awakened" as a Zombie, he finds a "City of Tomorrow" built around him - mind you this is the 50s or 60s. So, he sets out to take the place down. Don't want to ruin any more of the story. It's actually quite funny ... even works as social commentary sort of like Night of the Living Dead. I would compare it more to real time strategy. Stubbs isn't strong enough to beat their police/military by himself, so he must turn and control others. Can be slightly monotonous if you don't like RTS, but I enjoyed it. If you can get it for 30 or less (or rent it) I would give it a try.

Thanks Doug. I only heard about it because I own the soundtrack (which is great). I saw the trailer too and it looked great.

Looks like Day of the Tentacle.......

Not really. Day of the Tentacle is an adventure game ... one of the truly great adventure games. There is more story to Stubbs than most RTS games, but it's not really an adventure game.

Pix, if you want to play a good Zombie/Horror game check out any of the (Assuming you haven't played them) Resident Evil Series (PS) or Dead Rising (360).

Not really. Day of the Tentacle is an adventure game ... one of the truly great adventure games. There is more story to Stubbs than most RTS games, but it's not really an adventure game.

How I miss that game, one of my favorite of all time.

Pix, if you want to play a good Zombie/Horror game check out any of the (Assuming you haven't played them) Resident Evil Series (PS) or Dead Rising (360).

:rock:rock RE and Dead Rising are phenomenal

Stubbs was a really fun game. I did get stuck eventually on one of the later levels, against a tank... But overall, the game was a hilarious take on life as a Zombie. :lol

I say play it bro, you'll like it.

I have this game. I love it only because it's a comedy type zombie game. Pretty much if you like all things zombie-related... you'll dig this game.

Back