The Sideshow ** GI JOE ** Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I figured this property deserved to have its name in the thread title. :)

AWESOME. NEWS. If they lose the buck body (otherwise imagine Snake Eyes, Scarlett, Zartan, etc... yuck) this could be perfection.

Alright, since the cat's now out of the bag...

1) Classic RAH license

2) First 2 (unless this has changed): Cobra Commander, Snake Eyes

3) Expect awesomeness, especially in accessories and detailing of weapons.

This has been a done deal and the figures in the works for a while now, so I'd expect to see something tangible unveiled officially soon (Toy Fair is no doubt an obvious bet).

Clearly, Hasbro has a ton of respect for Sideshow and what they bring to the 1:6 arena. This is the third partnership they've had (SW, Indy, and now G.I. Joe) but perhaps the most telling since this is actually one of Hasbro's own IPs.

:rock

:rock :rock :rock

Bring on a select few in PF and the rest in 1/6!!!!

Re: The Sidershow ** GI JOE ** Thread

Mods, please put this thread in the military section.:monkey1

There are already some G.I. Joe threads in the military section, so yes, that seems to be the place where the majority of the discussion is happening. However, there is both a TV show and an upcoming movie, so there is going to be discussion in the movie/TV section as well.

Typically, having a thread called "Sideshow's G.I. JOE Thread" and another one called "The Sideshow ** GI JOE ** Thread" would be considered redundant and they would be merged, but I agree that there will be some people who are interested in the property but don't typically visit the military section of the forum and won't realize the other discussion is happening. If the general movie/TV section has nothing for them, then with all the interest generated by this announcement, new threads will be started daily. So I will leave this for now, partly because it now contains a link to redirect interested readers to the existing threads and discussion in the military section. (Thanks, Shropt!)

Cobra Commander and Snake Eyes the first two releases?!?! Well there went my wallet.

After owning the Andy Bergholtz Cobra Commander statue and Snake Eyes life size bust, it sucks that he's not around to do the sculpts for this line.

If they make something like this I'm in!!!

ninjawhitefull.jpg

This is custom made by Ironcross Hunter.

There are already some G.I. Joe threads in the military section, so yes, that seems to be the place where the majority of the discussion is happening. However, there is both a TV show and an upcoming movie, so there is going to be discussion in the movie/TV section as well.

Typically, having a thread called "Sideshow's G.I. JOE Thread" and another one called "The Sideshow ** GI JOE ** Thread" would be considered redundant and they would be merged, but I agree that there will be some people who are interested in the property but don't typically visit the military section of the forum and won't realize the other discussion is happening. If the general movie/TV section has nothing for them, then with all the interest generated by this announcement, new threads will be started daily. So I will leave this for now, partly because it now contains a link to redirect interested readers to the existing threads and discussion in the military section. (Thanks, Shropt!)

Couldn't you also say that about all the subsections (Star Wars, Whedonville, Marvel, etc?) that also have movies/TV shows?

Where is the line drawn?

This is where the line should be drawn:

Unlike Indiana Jones :)lecture), GIJIOE does deserve its OWN FORUM. All discussion could be engaged in one forum without bleeding into Gen. or Mil.

So thats what needs to be done. Dave, get on it. :tap

The Cobra Commander is sick!!! I hope we get a hooded Cobra Commabder first, that one was always my favorite CC incarnation.

CC will be among the first, him and Snake Eyes but we don't know about hoods or helmets or anything yet.

ok this officially sucks!! I can't afford this crap! There went the Bikerscout PF!!!! :monkey1

Sculpted hood or cloth hood? I think they both could pose a problem, but he would be the first I'd want.

Maybe like a soft vinyl or something like they did with this one.
cobracommander.jpg

I agree the hood would present a problem.

Sideshow, BRING BACK ANDY B. TO WORK ON THIS LINE !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back