SDCC - Richard Taylor and Ben Wootten Appearance

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

phanatix999

For those attending, they are scheduled for Saturday at 12 - 1:30 at Dark Horse booth...
I think some of Ben's credits are WROS, Boromir, and Watcher...

Dark Horse!! I would feel like such a traitor... Does anybody else think that there is no way they can get the kind of life out of the Kong line that Sideshow has out of Lord of the Rings?

Looking at the trailer of King Kong I think it's going to be a great popcorn movie. But I can't see it'll have the same pasionet fanbase as the Lotr movies. I won't buy a singel collectors item from that film.

Of course they know it's not going to hit the same mark as Lotr. The line themselves are way smaller to start with.

Still, there are a few people interested in these lines.
I wish Weta all the best.

Agreed, Weta and thier artists don't make much on the collectibles, it's the production work on the films that butters their bread. I'm sure many sculptors are passionate about LOTR and would love to continue doing lotr sculpts, unfortunately that will not pay the bills or help promote and generate merchandising revenue for the current film they are working on.

I find it really odd that Weta have stopped doing the LOTR line...even though they might not get paid much...surely if they want the legion of Weta Collectibles fans from the LOTR line to start buying their Narnia/Kong lines, they shouldn't have pissed us all off BEFORE the movie and collectibles will be released.

I was tempted to buy some of the Kong and Narnia stuff, but won't be as a result of their abrupt end to the LOTR line, anyone else find this kinda odd?

:dunno :dunno :dunno :dunno

I'm hoping they stop by the both for some of the end of the LOTR question times. But to me I think it's kind of rude of them to not do a skeduled Sideshow visit, SS has been good to them. Just because the line had ended DOESNT mean there isnt products left to ship they could answer questions on. :balrog

Yeah, knew about this already and I plan on asking them some questions as well.

Yea, the abrupt end kinda pissed me off as well. It's ok though, with the money saved, I can go after some older pieces--so it kinda works out =) Now if that damned Cave Troll would just drop below 1k....

I won't be collecting any of the Kong stuff . I doubt I will get any Narnia either . LOTR was it for me . :(

me too. just LOTR. the best for me. and that's it. unless you count comicbooks and statues...but no kong or narnia.

now if weta revisits LOTR, then i will be on it!

I'm not buying anything except LOTR . And maybe a couple of Starwars statues . And Indiana Jones if they start that license . Wouldn't mind a couple more Marvel pieces too . Hobbit also .

Only LOTR here as well.

Good luck Sideshow & WETA - you wont be seeing any more of my money. :wave

My Mrs supports me on this 100% :lol

Personally I hope KK does really well for PJ considering it's such a personal love for him.

I have no axe to grind with Weta so I hope they do well with these two smaller lines ...
I would like to get one thing of KK and that will probably be T/KK as I've already mentioned .... as big as it is.
Well actually two ...KKLS is the other diffinite. Hopefully they're release some pics of this one over the next couple of days.

Came back from a long 4 hour Comic-Con day and I am sorry to say that I WILL be buying some Narnia and Kong statues... (I know, I know, traitor...) I don't know how the movie will do but the statues are evry bit WETA quality! The T-Rex vs. Kong is HUGE and very detailed. For 500, it better be right?

The answer I get from the "abrupt" end was that it was inevitable and that "all good thing comes to an end". I have a feeling that for some people they do wish that the line would continued a little longer to "tie up the loose ends". Anyhoo, I need to download the pictures and post them. Had the pleasure of meeting Dave and Charles in person (Hi guys!)... Charles will post a lot of pictures I'm sure...

Here's Ben... standing next to a display of Narnia statues... He sculpted the Lion for the bookends you see...

107-0779_IMG_WoottenAndHisLion_Mod.jpg

The 3 Maquettes... and Ben's in the background...

107-0778_IMG.JPG

Re: SDCC - Richard Taylor Appearance at SS booth!

... and giving out some autographs...

DSC_0063.JPG

Re: SDCC - Richard Taylor Appearance at SS booth!

Yeah, I got to talk with RT a couple of times actually and got his auto which is cool for me.

Back