What would YOU do if you were me?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So, what would you get??

• HT figures rule! Get'em all!!!

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Get yourself your holy grail!

Votes: 16 43.2%

• Total voters

Dark_Spidey

Super Freak
Reaction score
All right guys, I need some advice here. I have been gathering some money for a long time now for my 20th birthday to get some cool collectibles for my collection.
But here's the dilemma:

My collection is based on 1/6 figures, mostly Hot Toys and Medicom.

So, had you had saved 1500$, what would you buy?

A huge lot of Hot Toys figures (I still need the USCM marines, Elder P2, the PL, Robocop, the Terminator...)

OR

A single holy grail like a 1:1 Predator or Alien bust, a cinemaquette (the T-800 and the Alien are unbelievably awesome:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2)

Had the Cinemaquette Predator been out, I know I would have got it in a heartbeat.

I know it is my money but the choice is too damn difficult :D Quantity or Quality?(I know HT figures are quality stuff, there's no denying that but most Cinemaquettes just seem to be flawless)

Anyway, help me out on this one. I'd like you to share your opinions on what you'd get ;)

grail here...cinemaquette alien all the way.

no question here for me.
If I were you Id sit on the money and put it towards the Cinemaquette Predator when it comes out.

2nd choice would be the Alien 3 Sideshow maquette... :monkey1

That's a pretty tough decision. Some of the Hot Toys figures you want are getting pretty scarce, not to mention expensive. On the other hand, it depends on how happy you'd be with one of those grails. If you really love HT figures, I'd say go for the ones you want that are still reasonably priced. Then when the cinemaquette comes out, if you want that more, you can sell off all or some of your HT figures and put the money into the grail piece. Just a thought. I guess it all depends on what will give you the most satisfaction.

Buy the Dog Alien Maquette, it's huge and awesome.
And you still have 500$ left to buy some Hot Toys Marines !

Hot Toys all the way bro! The way I see it you'll get the quantity and quality too! Nothing beats a Hot Toys figure and your holy grail, although very cool is just one piece and IMO will just lead to buying more "Holy Grails" and costing you thousands in the end.

Regardless of what path you take you will always want more so I say buy a bunch of Hot Toys but look for good deals here and on Ebay. You will have spent more time negotiating and "Chasing" for good deals and figures to complete your collection.

Buying the Holy Grail pieces again IMO are very cool but may leave you wanting more and spending more!

Well, your grail is just that. It's your grail and it's the single most wanted piece for your collection so that should tell you what to do right there.:cool:

I personally would get as many HT figs as I could. Imagine having $1500 worth of figures to open up, pose and display to your hearts content. Just the thought of it brings a tear to my eye and the monkey's eye as well.:monkey2

Ahhh, but the 1:6th stuff will also rise in value, the HT Hicks has proven that.

Personally, I'd go with which ever will be the most difficult to obtain in the next 6 months.

Go with your Grail. If it in fact is YOUR grail I don't see why you wouldn't go after it if it were in your reach...

All right guys, I need some advice here. I have been gathering some money for a long time now for my 20th birthday to get some cool collectibles for my collection.
But here's the dilemma:

My collection is based on 1/6 figures, mostly Hot Toys and Medicom.

So, had you had saved 1500$, what would you buy?

A huge lot of Hot Toys figures (I still need the USCM marines, Elder P2, the PL, Robocop, the Terminator...)

OR

A single holy grail like a 1:1 Predator or Alien bust, a cinemaquette (the T-800 and the Alien are unbelievably awesome:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2)

Had the Cinemaquette Predator been out, I know I would have got it in a heartbeat.

I know it is my money but the choice is too damn difficult :D Quantity or Quality?(I know HT figures are quality stuff, there's no denying that but most Cinemaquettes just seem to be flawless)

Anyway, help me out on this one. I'd like you to share your opinions on what you'd get ;)

i wouldn't buy an inflated price grail and put all my eggs in one basket. the value doesn't have much room to increase. i would buy some of the new stuff coming out. maybe one will increase in value to be considered a grail down the road. you'll have several shots at it (4-5 pfs totaling $1500) if you figure items like darkness, the anakin and aragorn pf, thor vs. loki, wow dio, palpatine bust, new pred bust, and several others are available at a lower price now.

Take that 1500 bucks, invest it in a good GIC, RRSP or IRA and...........*********** slaps himself ********************* who am I kidding, I would get a grail piece :D

Last edited:
If I saved up $1500 I wouldn't spend it all on one or a few pieces. Considering how much those busts and the USMC are. Its a rip off and I believe a waste of money to pay the prices that people pay for those. I would just save that $1500 for upcoming releases, if you do that you should be set on Hot Toys figures for just about the whole year. Plus you'd get a lot more for your money.

Spend the majority...maybe about $800-$1000 on your grail if it's within that range and the rest on Hot Toys!!!

Thanks guys for all the replies! Those helped although the results are tight.
Actually, I still do not know what I'm going to choose. The most reasonable choice would be to keep on collecting 1/6 figures since I started the collection last year and plan on getting more!
Yet I might crack up if I can find a Cinemaquette T-800 at an affordable price. THAT would be my holy grail right now but like Voorhees said, I know that if I get it I'll want more (T-850 probably, definitely gonna get the Predator as well...) But spending more than 1 grand on a single piece hurts a lot!!
I've never done that before, must feel kinda weird:D

Anyway, I'll let you know (I'll post some pics of what I get for sure, no matter what or how expensive it may be) but for now I think I'll go with HT. Those figures are top notch and if I get some repainted by Les, well, they surely equal any statues...:monkey5
Since the Predator will probably be worth the money, maybe more than the endoskeleton, and will not see the light until 2009-2010, I'll have plenty of time to save some more money and get it when it's out.

Thanks again fellas!:rock:duff

Back