Mumak scale pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gOzum

From the webcam...

mumakscale1aw.jpg

The grey figure is 12 inches (30cm) and is basically the same size as Gandalf the Grey. GTG is actually taller (12.5 inch / 31.8cm).

Yep, I had requested that Brant move the figure beside the mumak instead of in front, in order to get a better perspective. I will say this, it appears smaller than what I had expected but still big enough not to cancel my preorder.

Good call on the request - couldn't log on to chat, but was happy to grab this pic.

Definetly smaller than I expected, but the body size looks on-par with Original Balrog, maybe just a bit smaller. All in all, not too bad, but I think Im gonna cancel.

wow.. MUCH smaller than I thought... still won't cancel.. a LITTLE disappointed... was thinking it would be much taller... oh well

That pic really I stll don't think shows how big it is. It looks much bigger in person at least to me it did. You all that are getting it will like it.

I have to say that I do think this piece is overpriced . IMO I think $250 would have been fare . Maybe they are overcharging on this one to make up for all the damn trouble they have had with Sauron and the relatively small price tag they put on such a huge and complicated statue . I'm still amazed that Sauron is only $300 . Hell , I'm sure you all have seen the pics from SDCC of Sauron standing next to Aragorn / Breggo . And they are the same price ? That's a bit odd . Sideshow could have easily charged more for that statue , but if they are listening now , They better NOT raise the price , or they will likely have mutiny on their hands !

There is a lot in the mumak that makes it $300. Actually, Sauron is way way underpriced.

Yeah , Sauron is way underpriced ! But like I said , I hope they don't decide to up the price . If I'm not mistaken , they do reseve the right to do that . I can just imagine the Hell they would catch for doing so though !

i dont like the mumak

they really should have mage the proper big mumak that we all saw in the weta two towers dvd.

i doubt even the limited edition size will save this one from doing a shelob

I like the Mumak alot! Especially its size. Its price is abit steep though. I know it prob was extremely difficult to make the wicker basket on its back, but if you consider that the King of the Dead with its eerie flowing cloak or the Witcking with its beautiful crown was prob also quite hard to make, I think this piece would have done well with a smaller price tag. Something more near $250 or $200.

I still like this piece, and the smaller size will hopefully bring shipping costs down a little.

Scriff

Don't forget that the expensive part of this statue can't really be seen in this pic. The howdah is pretty big and sticks out way over the base. I'm sure it will be extremely difficult to manufacture/ship. Brant mentioned that the original plans called for a broken off howdah, but somehow Weta managed to pull it off. I don't think people realize just how difficult this piece would be to manufacture.

I'm not impressed with it. And, I'm definitely not getting one...

I wanted a Mumak so bad too. Just can't get past the pose....

Oh well...

$200 tops would have been a reasonable price. $300, no way. As big and complex as Gandalf & Shadowfax is, it was only $250.

Actually retail on Gandalf on Shadowfax was $300.00

Even still it was well worth it, as it is still my favorite piece. If I had to pick just one to keep it would be Gandalf on Shadowfax.

$300 for the Mumak is crazy. $175 would of been fair like the Battl Troll (another one I am passing on).

Back