Aragorn at the Black Gates pictures!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a great pose, but the facial likeness to Aragorn is very poor from the close up. Love the cape/ armour though!

The horse really rescues the piece IMO, the armour & detailing is fantastic.

Overall very impressive, but the Viggo likeness is worse than previous sculpts.

Looks excellent. I wanted a different pose as well, but this one looks great too.

Aragorn charging at the Black Gates.

Yes, finally!!! :rock

Thank-you SS/Weta. :bow

I think it's a great pose. It will go well with Legolas & Gimli. I agree that the face looks a little off.

That is the single greatest statue of LOTR that SS has ever done, the detail is absolutely remarkable. :bow OK, so maybe I am a bit caught up in the moment, but that is great! :banana

It's pretty cool. I definetly wasn't expecting a charging pose. The face is the only thing that throws me off. The face looks good from the sides but doesn't look quite right from the front. Pretty cool overall though. :aragorn

Well...with these pictures.....thumbs down. I do want to see some pictures of it from SDCC though.

In my opinion, the pose is bad, face is off, and it just does not look "real" like RWOS and GoSF....

9344_image02.jpg
9345_image01.jpg

I'm really blown away by this piece for me its AMAZING!! Ok no suprise I like it. :lol The detail is awesome big time awesome. The armor on Aragorn and the horse is simply stunning. It appears they really did a great job on it from these pics. The coloring on both the horse and Aragorn are fantastic. I love the charging pose though very action like :eek :eek :eek Dam cool. Man, I cannot freaking wait to see this at SDCC next week. Bring this SOB on now!!!! Also a 5k ES as big as the RWOS which is nice to see also.

I really like it. :dance

The front on facial shot is off, but posed from the side it's as good a sculpt as GoS.

Looks like a pretty risky one for shipping damage, the cape & the tail look really exposed.

The three good riders together will look the mutts nuts.

At first glance I don't like this...at all. This looks like one of the Gentle Giant Clone Wars Maquettes it's so cartoony.

I was really looking forward to this one too. I really thought this would be Weta's last great hurrah. I really love the Legolas and Gimli piece, but this is disappointing to say the least. This is one case where I hope I'm wrong, but I may even cancel my order for this piece. That's how much I dislike it.

Interesting, you liked L&GonArod.... but not this?

I think its great.. cannot wait to have the three Rider statues lined up together....

Not as good as i'd hope for but still pretty damn good. Glad i ordered it.

Back