To All the "Hasblo" haters ...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DouglasMcc

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hasbro may make some crap ... but when they are on their game, it's a sight to behold. I have been dreaming of this lineup since the first time I saw the Clone Wars cartoons:

normal_Wave3.jpg
anakinvsdurge.jpg

I would give anything to get that Obi-Wan in 12" form from Sideshow ... *drool*

There's no denying the past 2 years have brought some great stuff from Hasbro in the 3-3/4 stuff. But it was a drain on funds more so than 12" stuff, with so many variations and interesting new sculpts, it adds up real fast; that's why I gave it up.

Man this is cool, but in a way it sucks too. I don't collect Hasbro but I did keep the CW animated stuff. I would've love to have had these figures in the animated style. Still I think SSC should tackle that Tinn figure with armor, that would be tits!

They have made great improvements in the small figure line. I myself can't wait for the new Qui-Gon figure.

By the way, this wave was supposed to have been third in the year, and now has been pushed to fall....lot of rumors pointing to the first three episodes of the Clone Wars series debuting in theaters, I think this is why it got pushed.
Further more, a TPM wave was planned for 2008 and Hasbro now says that it has been pushed into 2009 and will be well worth the wait. So, hopefully that means a 10th anniversary wave and possibly a re-release in theaters.

They still blow! And im predicting!!!! This figures will come out 100 times in 100 different packages PLUS!!!!! 20 repaints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

They still blow! And im predicting!!!! This figures will come out 100 times in 100 different packages PLUS!!!!! 20 repaints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

You are probably right. But, SO WHAT?

If your collecting is based upon owning "everything", then I believe your collection owns you. Are you so weak willed p!tu that you would feel compelled to collect all 20 of those repaints if you bought the original figure? Re-releasing something only hurts 2 sets of people - the completist and the scalper. And, I really couldn't care less about either of those groups.

I don't think anyone's so much questioned Hasbro's quality over the past few years, simply their business practices, which have driven away many collectors. Had Hasbro continued to roll out fresh product with ever improving quality, I think many collectors may not have been jaded to them, but the repacks and variants just blew up to such a rediculous level and at times it seemed like you'd never see a fresh wave of figures.

You are probably right. But, SO WHAT?

If your collecting is based upon owning "everything", then I believe your collection owns you. Are you so weak willed p!tu that you would feel compelled to collect all 20 of those repaints if you bought the original figure? Re-releasing something only hurts 2 sets of people - the completist and the scalper. And, I really couldn't care less about either of those groups.

No cause i am not going to buy them! anyway there cool! I still Love Hasbro cause of Transformers but you have to admit that the repaints are out of hand!:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

I don't think anyone's so much questioned Hasbro's quality over the past few years, simply their business practices, which have driven away many collectors. Had Hasbro continued to roll out fresh product with ever improving quality, I think many collectors may not have been jaded to them, but the repacks and variants just blew up to such a rediculous level and at times it seemed like you'd never see a fresh wave of figures.

Exactly my point! Im not saying this figures suck.

Once again, that all goes back to completism. I bet my next paycheck that their "new" releases are more consistent than new releases from Hot Toys, Medicom, and Sideshow Star Wars combined. What difference does it matter if they re-release or repaint figures. DON'T BUY them. They have to re-release figures to get them out there so kids can buy them - why should parents be asked to spend ridiculous amounts on eBay for kids to play with them? This all goes back to Hasbro's attempt to appeal to both collector's and children - some "collectors" take offense to that ... which is sad :monkey2

No cause i am not going to buy them! anyway there cool! I still Love Hasbro cause of Transformers but you have to admit that the repaints are out of hand!:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

No I don't. This is a repaint of a 7 dollar figure, not a 150 dollar figure (Medicom Stormies and Hot Toys Jack Sparrows anyone?) Just because they repaint and re-release them, doesn't mean that you have to buy them all. And, to simply ignore/ avoid something because you don't want to buy them all is silly in and of itself.

Once again, that all goes back to completism. I bet my next paycheck that their "new" releases are more consistent than new releases from Hot Toys, Medicom, and Sideshow Star Wars combined. What difference does it matter if they re-release or repaint figures. DON'T BUY them. They have to re-release figures to get them out there so kids can buy them - why should parents be asked to spend ridiculous amounts on eBay for kids to play with them? This all goes back to Hasbro's attempt to appeal to both collector's and children - some "collectors" take offense to that ... which is sad :monkey2

It's not completism, that's your assumption of the collector's mindset. It's more momentum than anything. Prior to the Original Trilogy Collection 90% of Hasbro's offering was fresh material for the coures of like 5 years, then all of a sudden, sales started tanking and they got into the practice of releasing the same figure 2-3 even 4 times. Some collectors just wanted to see signs of more new product because of how much better it had been getting over the years and Hasbro started to jade them by projecting themselves as a company exclusively worrying about profit and rolling out stuff to sell, not to expand their offering and push themselves further. For the most part, they're starting to redeem themselves with the 30th Collection and their 2008 offering, which is nice, but some fans have been so jaded by 2-3 years of ReHashbro that they don't care anymore outside of the McQuarrie line. Had the rehash days not happened at the level they did, I'm sure many who say today they don't care about the line anymore may actually be behind it.

The stuff just costs to much for the quality. Yeah, its only 7 dollars per figure. But when you buy over 300 + figures and vehicles, it ads up. I would rather just buy a PF or a prop. Quality over quantity. I liquidated my whole collection about 2 years ago, and I had everything. I'm much happier not having to waste all that space storing stuff. My collection doesn't look like a Walmart isle anymore.

The stuff just costs to much for the quality. Yeah, its only 7 dollars per figure. But when you buy over 300 + figures and vehicles, it ads up. I would rather just buy a PF or a prop. Quality over quantity. I liquidated my whole collection about 2 years ago, and I had everything. I'm much happier not having to waste all that space storing stuff. My collection doesn't look like a Walmart isle anymore.

And why do you have to buy over 300 figures? Buy the ones you like, skip the rest. That's quality over quantity in and of itself. If you are saying that you can't resist items because they are all great, then you have contradicted yourself.

No I don't. This is a repaint of a 7 dollar figure, not a 150 dollar figure (Medicom Stormies and Hot Toys Jack Sparrows anyone?) Just because they repaint and re-release them, doesn't mean that you have to buy them all. And, to simply ignore/ avoid something because you don't want to buy them all is silly in and of itself.

Your deviating from my point. My point is That the freaking Repaints take over the NEW!!!!releases!! which is what i want!!! NEW ****ING TRANSFORMERS!!!! NOT GAY ASS REPAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT NEW ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEW NEW NEW!!! NOT OLD AND PINK OR WHAT EVER THEY DECIDE TO PAINT THEM THIS TIME AROUND. ERGO WHY HASBRO SUCK BALLS!!!!!!!!!!! feww!:monkey5:monkey5 i had to get that out of my chest! anyway glad you dream figures came true! im sure if i was still collecting them i would buy them.

Your deviating from my point. My point is That the freaking Repaints take over the NEW!!!!releases!! which is what i want!!! NEW ****ING TRANSFORMERS!!!! NOT GAY ASS REPAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT NEW ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEW NEW NEW!!! NOT OLD AND PINK OR WHAT EVER THEY DECIDE TO PAINT THEM THIS TIME AROUND. ERGO WHY HASBRO SUCK BALLS!!!!!!!!!!! feww!:monkey5:monkey5 i had to get that out of my chest! anyway glad you dream figures came true! im sure if i was still collecting them i would buy them.

I don't collect Transformers, so maybe there is some point to your anger in their regards. But, repaints and re-releases have never overshadowed new figures. I wish I had time to go through every single figure in the last 6 years, but I don't really want to ... :lol However, functioning completely from memory, the trend has always been 1 wave of completely new figures, followed by 3 or 4 waves that have 1 or 2 repaints a piece. I don't count the Legends line or the Battle Packs because they are designed mostly to put these toys in the hands of children. Hasbro may have been guilty a few times of re-releasing an older figure instead of remaking it (Dark Trooper last year did piss me off), but overall they release enough new stuff during the year to keep me and most other fans happy.

Back