FAVE RIDER/STEED STATUES?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bonsey

Don't know if anyone has done this.If they have,ignore this!!
Now that the line has ended and based on the last two Rider/Steed statues pictures..what is everyones favourites.
Mine would go...
1.Ringwraith on Steed
2.Gimli and Legolas on Arod
3.Sam and Bill
4.Gothmog on Warg
5.Aragorn on Brego
6.Gandalf on Shadowfax

Interested to hear what other people think.

For me:

1. Gandalf on Shadowfax
2. Aragorn at the Black Gates
3. Ringwraith and Steed
4. Legolas and Gimli on Arod
Not getting these but:
5. Sam and Bill
6. Gothmog on Warg

I have a different outlook on these pieces now. I used to want all of them, now I just look at it, that I have all of the "Horse & Rider" pieces, technically.

I don't have Gothmog on Warg or Sam and Bill. But, I do have Gandalf on Shadowfax and Ringwraith and Steed, plus the other 2 new ones on pre-order. So, I consider it that I will have all 4 of the H&R Pieces... :speech

1. Aragorn at the Black Gates
2. Ringwraith and Steed
3. Legolas and Gimli on Arod
4. Sam and Bill
5. Gandalf on Shadowfax
6. Gothmog on Warg

None of these rider pieces are bad at all. They are some of best SS has ever done.

1. Ringwraith and Steed
2. Sam and Bill
3. Gandalf on Shadowfax
4. Aragorn at the Black Gates
5. Legolas and Gimli on Arod
6. Gothmog on Warg

(1 and 2 are really a tie in my book)

Obviously these may change when I actually get the 3 preorders and see each in the flesh but for now

1) Legolas & Gimli (awesome)
2) RWoS
3) GoSF
4) Gothmog & Warg
5) Aragorn (IMO pose could have been better)

Haven't got and not intending to get Sam and Bill.

how the hell is Sam and Bill consider a rider / steed piece...?

give me a break...

and how can you people judge all these pieces you haven't even seen yet...?

1. GoSF
7. RWoS

Well, since the only "steed" piece I have right now is GOSF, I'll just have to vote him as my favorite. :yay

I either have or have actually seen all of these pieces (and are preordered) -- my picks:

1. Ringwraith on Steed (the one that got me into statues in the first place...grrrr!)
2. Sam & Bill
3. Aragorn at Black Gates
4. Gandalf on Shadowfax
5. Legolas/Gimli/Arod
6. Gothmog on Warg

3 thru 5 are a tie for 3d place; Gothmog/Warg is last becuz... well, something has to be ....but they are no less liked than the others.

1. Ringwraith on Steed (Fantastic sculpt and one of the most, if not, the most iconic SSW piece ever made)
2. Legolas/Gimli/Arod (Looks to be a winner, lots of action going on, reminiscent of the bond, comedy, and competition between L & G ... I love what I see so far)
3. Gandalf on Shadowfax (Would be my #2 but Gandalf pose & expression could have been improved)
4. Aragorn at Black Gates ( Hard to say...the jury is still out on this one...I'll reserve judgment until I see it in person).
5. Sam & Bill (Beautiful and "wholesome" sculpt, and the only representation of Sam in a statue form but it just doesn't appeal to me, especially at the current market value.)
6. Gothmog on Warg (IMO, Gothmog just doesn't seem proportionate to the Warg...he looks like a pre-teen toxic avenger) I may pick this up if I could find one for under $150.

1. Sam & Bill
2. Ringwraith on Steed
3. Legolas & Gimli
4. Gothmog on Warg
5. Aragorn at Black Gates
6. Gandalf on Shadowfax

1.Ringwraith on Steed
2.Gothmog on Warg
3.Sam and Bill
4.Gimli and Legolas on Arod
5.Aragorn on Brego
6.Gandalf on Shadowfax

Going by the pictures I've seen, and the two that I own (Gandalf and the Ringwraith), my list would be:

0 - Sam & Bill
I don't really concider them to be part of the riders & steeds series seeing as how Sam doesn't ride Bill, but it's a lovely statue anyway and the one I'd most like to add to my collection.
1 - Ringwraith on Steed
Right out of one of my favourite parts of the book.
2 - Gandalf the White on Shadowfax
My favourite character, and on a gorgeous horse. Pose could've been better though.
3 - Legolas & Gimli on Arod
It's a bit over the top for my liking, but it does offer a lot to look at.
4 - Gothmog on Warg
Purely movie inventions, and not some of the better ones at that. It looks very brutal though.
5 - Aragorn on Brego
The pose and the colours just don't work for me, it doesn't fit with the movie or with the rest of the line.

Sam & Bill is SO part of the Rider/Steed series - how can he not. There's a bloody statue of a HORSE! :lol Get over the technicality that Sam doesn't ride Bill. :bonk

OK, here's my listing.

1. RWoS
2. Sam & Bill
3. GoSF
4. Gothmog

5. Aragorn@BG
6. LegGimli on Rod

I haven't seen 5 & 6 so I can't really comment. The first 4 will remain the total of my Horse & Rider collection.

Diesel, can't you just let it go? :sick
My list...

1. Sam & Bill
2. Aragorn at Black Gate
3. RWOS
4. Legolas & Gimli on Arod
5. GOSF

1 st equal Sam and Bill the little steed and the RWOS
2 L/GOA
3 A/BG
4 GOSF
5 Warg, I think he's going to be moving up though..maybe to #3 when I get it.

Back