PDA

View Full Version : Hot Toys Major Dutch and the whole team now official?

abake
01-29-2008, 01:58 PM
I haven't heard anything official yet, but over at the Scifimilitary forums it is reported as fact:

http://www.scifimilitary.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10641#10641

Frigging fantastic news if this is indeed confirmed!

Wor-Gar
01-29-2008, 02:06 PM
You have to log on as a member on that link. Can you cut-and-paste the specific announcement?

But yes, great news. HT did mention they were working on it. Just waiting for the official announcement at TF.

Stendec
01-29-2008, 02:38 PM
Yeah, can you repost the info here.

Alice Adrenochrome
01-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Definately something I'd buy. If the right predator comes along that is.

Praetorian380
01-29-2008, 02:53 PM
YES!! This is awesome!

Post the info please :)

The ill Jedi
01-29-2008, 02:54 PM
OMG, if this is true I'll piss my pants!!! :D

Wor-Gar
01-29-2008, 02:59 PM
OMG, if this is true I'll piss my pants!!! :D

Piss away!

HT said they're working on 'em -- Pred 1 and Dutch -- a while back. Certainly they will come this year.

BadMoon
01-29-2008, 03:02 PM
I do remember somewhere that Hot Toys said to be on the lookout for them this year!

The ill Jedi
01-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Piss away!

HT said they're working on 'em -- Pred 1 and Dutch -- a while back. Certainly they will come this year.
:rock :rock :rock

I'm sitting in my pee pants right now!! :lol

Just to be sure, it's 100% confirmed? :o

BadMoon
01-29-2008, 03:03 PM
:rock :rock :rock

I'm sitting in my pee pants right now!! :lol

Just to be sure, it's 100% confirmed? :o

Yes Ill I heard it too! :rock

The ill Jedi
01-29-2008, 03:04 PM
Yes Ill I heard it too! :rock
I remember when HT commented that they'd be doing them, but I won't FULLY believe it 'til I see some pics in their newsletter!! :D

The Mike
01-29-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm more interested in seeing whether or not their Dutch likeness has improved so far removed from their initial T3 Arnold which was all battered and bloodied up to hide lack of licensing. HT can really nail sculpts especially Yulli's recent offerings and I'd love to see what they come up with in terms of an Arnie....

tigerfeet
01-29-2008, 03:31 PM
i ordered through the apone & hicks sculpt from hero heads and included an additional arnie just in case i needed it for dutch :cool: they came through last week in the uk so sorted.....this weekend loads of painting and stuff to do :D

abake
01-29-2008, 04:04 PM
It's no official announcement, just a post from Menatarms (fellow board member at the OSW and Sixth Division). But he hasn't posted any follow up info...

Voorhees27
01-29-2008, 04:10 PM
I remember when HT commented that they'd be doing them, but I won't FULLY believe it 'til I see some pics in their newsletter!! :D

Well the ToyFair in New York is just around the corner so if there is ANY news it should be there! IF true this is AMAZING news, i'm a WAY bigger Predator fan than I am an Alien(s) one!

I just hope Hot Toys doesn't try to "Hide" Arnolds likeness like they did with the Terminator they produced.

Good news indeed!

TheObsoleteMan
01-29-2008, 04:11 PM
GET TO DA WALLET!!!!!!!!!!!

Wor-Gar
01-29-2008, 04:16 PM

:rotfl

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spartan Rex
01-29-2008, 04:20 PM
It's no official announcement, just a post from Menatarms (fellow board member at the OSW and Sixth Division). But he hasn't posted any follow up info...

Good point.
We all new HT was going to do them but that post adds nothing new.

:lol Best comeback ever for these coming figures.

foolkiller
01-29-2008, 04:25 PM

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:

MaulFan
01-29-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm more interested in seeing whether or not their Dutch likeness has improved so far removed from their initial T3 Arnold which was all battered and bloodied up to hide lack of licensing. HT can really nail sculpts especially Yulli's recent offerings and I'd love to see what they come up with in terms of an Arnie....

This statement is a bit contradictory, the first part implies they couldn't pull of an Arnie likeness, the second part points out they never tried because of licensing, which is true.

I'm sure an Arnie back when they did the T1 figure wouldn't have been stellar, but probably looked like him, much like early Rambos. IF they have the likeness rights to Schwarzenegger, this news will be great, if not, I'm going to be less than enthused.

Reason I say that is, likely, a Dutch will, and should, be on a muscular body, so if they can't do his likeness, then the question comes up of where, if at all, you get a good Arnie head for it as the muscular bodies don't use the same joint as the Frontline heads are made for.

I'm holding out for good things here, but Dutch is probably the only one I'll get since they'll likely average $100 and I'm not attached to any of them enough to spend that much, but Dutch and Predator are key, so hopefully they will have rights.

The Mike
01-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Right, that what I meant in terms of likeness that licensing is the reason that the Terminator head was unrecognizable.

The only ones I want from P1 are Dutch and the Pred so I'm watching intently on what they release. If the offering isn't top notch like their Brando I'm hoping that a talented customizer like Darren per se would be able to recast his amazing Arnie likeness in a head that'd easily go onto the HT joint....

Wor-Gar
01-29-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm holding out for good things here, but Dutch is probably the only one I'll get since they'll likely average $100 and I'm not attached to any of them enough to spend that much, but Dutch and Predator are key, so hopefully they will have rights.

No Mac? I'll bleed ya, real bad.

No Billy? Ha-Ha-ha!

No Dillon? That's a bull**** psyche job.

No Blain with the mini-gun? BRRRRRR-RAP!!!!

abake
01-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I'm worried I'll have to get the whole team.
Damn.
This is becoming impossible.

Wor-Gar
01-29-2008, 04:37 PM
If they offer the whole team, I'll get the whole team.

I got Apone for christs sake, I guess I can get Hawkins.

Jamal
01-29-2008, 04:48 PM
Not really interested in the guys, but bring on P1!!!!:chew

TheObsoleteMan
01-29-2008, 04:51 PM

No Billy? Ha-Ha-ha!

No Poncho? You got time to duck?

No Hawkins? Geez you got a big *****! Geez you got a big *****!

MaulFan
01-29-2008, 04:53 PM

No Billy? Ha-Ha-ha!

It's not so much that I don't want these guys, it's just I don't want them/not a fan of them enough to put them before other things I collect.

I collect Star Wars, LOTR, Terminator, Aliens, Predator, Pirates of the Caribbean and Rambo. Most of those lines are going strong and I'd rather not spend money on say Mac and then have to pass on a Barbossa from Pirates or something like that. First and foremost I'm a Star Wars collector and as strong as Sideshow's moving with that stuff, I have a feeling they're going to get a lot of my money. If money were no object, I'd get the entire team from Predator, but on a budget, the Dutch-Predator showdown is irresistable.

gdb
01-29-2008, 04:54 PM

No Billy? Ha-Ha-ha!

You forgot Hawkins. Anyone know what the big contribution to society the actor playing Hawkins did?

barryo
01-29-2008, 05:04 PM
he made bucks as an action genre screenwriter.

gdb
01-29-2008, 05:10 PM
That's it!

He wrote Lethal Weapon. Hawkins was played by no other than screenwriter Shane Black. Without him there would be no Lethal Weapon 1,2,3, or 4.

lerath666
01-29-2008, 05:11 PM
I realy hope they make a good dutch figure, it would be my first arnie figure... i just hope he's not on a muscle body. Or if he is, they improve it's articulation from the Dutch figure's muscle body. a 15-20 Degree rotation just is not enough for such a physical character.

Oh well. even if they do go with a muscle body, i suppose i can swap it to a reg body.

barryo
01-29-2008, 05:19 PM
That's it!

He wrote Lethal Weapon. Hawkins was played by no other than screenwriter Shane Black. Without him there would be no Lethal Weapon 1,2,3, or 4.

he has an interesting biography.............i guess in the hollywood screenwriters circles he would be considered "the man" for price he fetched for his writings.

gdb
01-29-2008, 05:28 PM
He redefined the buddy cop movie and the influence of the Lethal Weapon series speaks for itself.

Zabrak Nut
01-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Heh, maybe they'll give us a "muddy dutch" version that hides his likeness... seriously, though, it must be hard having to deal w/ character likenesses whose portraying actors have moved on in other directions since an 80's film, and have blown up so big it takes a ton of extra effort to get their scanned face at all;
newer movies nowadays are expected to have toy licenses, but there must be complications getting rights to produce an actor's face based off of a role whose fame for it has dwindled since the movie left theatres (let's face it, while Sigourney will always be seen as "Ripley", Au-nolde is usually referred to as the Terminator... though, of course, Predator is my favorite between the two); I suppose there's also a chance that getting the rights to produce merchandise from a film and getting an actor's likeness as they are NOW, when they may no longer affiliate themselves w/ the same companies even (I'm talking generally) might make two entirely sepparate and EXPENSIVE buiseness transactions... hmmm... HOT TOYS' stuff is only getting better and better, so I'm not TOO concerned...

BadMoon
01-29-2008, 07:09 PM
That's it!

OMG! I never knew that at all! That's awesome! :rock

icruise
01-29-2008, 07:53 PM
I think I'm going to have to rewatch Predator soon, what with all of these Predator figures coming out. I think at the very most I'd get a Dutch figure, and even that's a little doubtful.

IrishJedi
01-29-2008, 08:04 PM
Buncha slack-jawed *****ots around here...

Wor-Gar
01-29-2008, 08:09 PM

:lol:lol:rotfl

This thread will make you a sexual tyrannosaur.

DarkArtist81
01-29-2008, 08:11 PM

:lol:rotfl:lol

I can't wait for these to be announced... I would damn near buy every one of them.

Reinhardt
01-29-2008, 08:12 PM
:lol:lol:rotfl

This thread will make you a sexual tyrannosaur.

I ain't got time to read this thread....

Sick Boy 82
01-29-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm definitely thinking about getting the whole team. Hopefully they will do a Predator also!! Is there a 1/6 HT P1 out there right now?Or will this be the first HT one?

pjam
01-29-2008, 08:25 PM
I'm all in.

No surprise there. :lol

hairlesswookiee
01-29-2008, 08:26 PM
sweet... this would be a great starter for a 80's homage. rocky, rambo, dutch, and more to come.

SOLIDSNAKE
01-29-2008, 08:37 PM
Not really interested in the guys, but bring on P1!!!!:chew

yeaa I am with ya BRO !!

I will just take P1 and ducth hehehe!

King Darkness
01-30-2008, 05:57 AM
I'm in for a Dutch for sure, and a Blain. Not sure if I will pick up the rest.

Blain was favotite......"bunch of slack jawed ******s!":rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Best line in the whole movie.

I might get a Billy too.

Stendec
01-30-2008, 06:35 AM
All I care about is the Predator and Dutch :rock I still havent bought a HT Predator so I feel like I am missing out big time. Im desperately hoping we will see a P1 Predator this year.

drunk_leprechaun
01-30-2008, 06:36 AM
ill take a p1 and dutch, covered in mud from the fight in the end of the movie...please?:D
:rock

Voorhees27
01-30-2008, 07:22 AM
All I care about is the Predator and Dutch :rock I still havent bought a HT Predator so I feel like I am missing out big time. Im desperately hoping we will see a P1 Predator this year.

I feel exactly the same way :lol I have many HT's figures but still no Predator, if I were to get a Predator, what would be better than a P1 version!

I'm really excited to see (If its made that is) how cool Dutch would look!

p!tu
01-30-2008, 07:37 AM
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Reinhardt
01-30-2008, 07:48 AM
just gonna go for P1... unless ofcourse Dutch looks great.

gofourindian
01-30-2008, 07:51 AM
I'm definitely thinking about getting the whole team. Hopefully they will do a Predator also!! Is there a 1/6 HT P1 out there right now?Or will this be the first HT one?

This will be the first P1 from HT. And hopefully it will be awesome!

p!tu
01-30-2008, 07:58 AM
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

If my SIG says anything....... Im getting all of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jamal
01-30-2008, 08:24 AM
Dude u got no room on that shelf as it is lol

p!tu
01-30-2008, 08:38 AM

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 i know!!

IT DONT MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DILLON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reinhardt
01-30-2008, 08:42 AM

"room" is over-rated...

:D

p!tu
01-30-2008, 08:52 AM
"room" is over-rated...

:D

:rock:rock:rock:rock fellow Indian "formally puertorican" friend!

creature4000
01-30-2008, 10:31 AM
just rotate them! :lol I might have to geth these guys! Especially.. Painless!!!

Lord Vicious
01-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Have you guys seen these new resin kits of Dutch and his team?
http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=5166

Reinhardt
01-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Have you guys seen these new resin kits of Dutch and his team?
http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=5166

those are insane!!!!!!!

Grange Wallis
01-30-2008, 04:47 PM
I love to get the whole team, and I agree room is totally over rated! But I don't think I need the team, Dutch & the Predator, maybe Dillion, that son of a ******!

MML
01-30-2008, 05:59 PM
maybe Dillion, that son of a ******!

I hear the CIA's got him pushing too many pencils.

Grange Wallis
01-30-2008, 06:05 PM
I hear the CIA's got him pushing too many pencils.

Far too many! :lol

MML
01-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Far too many! :lol

He's ghostin' us, mother*****er. I don't care who he is back in the world, he gives away our position one more time, I'll bleed him, real quiet. Leave him here. Got that?

Grange Wallis
01-30-2008, 08:45 PM
He's ghostin' us, mother*****er. I don't care who he is back in the world, he gives away our position one more time, I'll bleed him, real quiet. Leave him here. Got that?

Great line!

I ai't got not time to bleed.

BOOM!

BOOM!

Well, you got time to duck!

8th wonder
01-31-2008, 04:30 AM

IT'S SHOWTIME KID!!!

cedric72
01-31-2008, 05:01 AM
Just hope we don't have to do as much customising to the Predator team as much as we've had to do with the Aliens marines.
I hope they bring out Blain with the minigun!!! Now I'm getting excited.I guess a little tin of chewing tabacco as well is asking too much?!!
''Im gonna have me some fun''
Ced:D

Voorhees27
01-31-2008, 07:29 AM
Anything "Official" yet or are we going to have to wait for the Toy Fair in February?

Mudshark
01-31-2008, 07:44 AM
I don't know if I'd want to shell out that much cash if they made the whole squad, especially if they released them all at the same time... but Dutch, Blain, Mac, and Billy would be must haves. I'd want Dillon too, but I've already got an Apollo Creed for conversion purposes.

The Chaver
01-31-2008, 08:03 AM
Well,it would make sense since for HT to go ahead and finally make a Terminator Arnold now that their going to produce dutch.

Kuzeh
01-31-2008, 08:03 AM
I hope that if they announce them at ToyFair they will release them one at a time or it's going to be impossible to get them for me...

Stendec
01-31-2008, 08:06 AM
HT has alot of experience making moden military figures so the quality and accuracy of the squads gear should be excellent. Im really not too bothered about the squad though, my only must-have is the ugly mother *expletive deleted* :lol

Mudshark
01-31-2008, 08:07 AM
Even if they released them two or three at a time, like with the Colonial Marines, it wouldn't be quite so bad, but if they all come out at the same time, like the Res Evil figures, it's gonna be a world of hurt. :monkey2

Edit: You can count on the uniforms and gear to be top notch! That's one of the biggest reasons I'd want 'em!

Jamal
01-31-2008, 08:50 AM
Yeah man i hear ya, thats why im not gonna bother with them. Gonna cost me too much and i dont have space, P1 will be awesome for me

8th wonder
01-31-2008, 09:17 AM
Probably only get Dutch to place besides my 1:1 Predator bust. I think it is a bit annoying that HT figures are so limited and hard to get, especially without a creditcard.

Cocoboloboy
01-31-2008, 10:38 AM
Probably only get Dutch to place besides my 1:1 Predator bust. I think it is a bit annoying that HT figures are so limited and hard to get, especially without a creditcard.

Hmmm. I never thought of HT figures as hard to get. Sideshow, Toy Square, AlterEgo and Amazing Toys just to name a few all sell them. I didn't think you could buy much of anything without a CC from these places though, unless you use paypal.

BadMoon
01-31-2008, 11:09 AM

I think they are only hard to get after they come out. If you preorder them you should be good. I don't know what to tell you about not having a card though. I can see where that would be hard.

The ill Jedi
01-31-2008, 11:19 AM
Dude, they have Pre-Paid Visa's that you can load up and use like Credit/Gift Cards, problem solved. :cool:

http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/prepaid/visa_gift_card.html

BadMoon
01-31-2008, 11:21 AM
Dude, they have Pre-Paid Visa's that you can load up and use like Gift Cards, problem solved. :cool:

http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/prepaid/visa_gift_card.html

I didn't even think of that. :cool:

8th wonder
01-31-2008, 02:35 PM
Well here in Holland a few places have HT figures for order, i have never bought a HT figure (yet). My stuff is mostly Sideshow and Weta. I wonder how it works though. When they are sold out at sideshow is that the complete quantity or are there any left for sale in shops. For example the HT AVPR figures are sold out at sideshow but dutch merchandise shops still have them for order (not in stock), even the predator 2 HT figures:confused:?

icruise
01-31-2008, 04:22 PM
Well here in Holland a few places have HT figures for order, i have never bought a HT figure (yet). My stuff is mostly Sideshow and Weta. I wonder how it works though. When they are sold out at sideshow is that the complete quantity or are there any left for sale in shops. For example the HT AVPR figures are sold out at sideshow but dutch merchandise shops still have them for order (not in stock), even the predator 2 HT figures:confused:?

Sideshow distributes them, but they're not the sole retailers of them. If it says it's out of stock on Sideshow's site, that's just Sideshow's allocation that's out of stock, and other places may still have them.

8th wonder
01-31-2008, 04:43 PM
Sideshow distributes them, but they're not the sole retailers of them. If it says it's out of stock on Sideshow's site, that's just Sideshow's allocation that's out of stock, and other places may still have them.

aah ok, thanks

ladysman217
01-31-2008, 09:55 PM
I really hope Hot Toys release a new Predator 1 line. I just started getting into action figures. I don't own any currently but have been doing allot of research. I'm another Predator/ Alien fan but finding older Predator figures in the Hot Toys line is a pain and expensive. So I'm waiting on the new line figures from Hot Toys to start my collection.

The Craw
02-01-2008, 11:53 AM
all i can say is 1:6 jesse ventura. who else can say they have a 1:6 scale of one of their governors.:lol

Sick Boy 82
02-01-2008, 12:17 PM
all i can say is 1:6 jesse ventura. who else can say they have a 1:6 scale of one of their governors.:lol

:duh Arnie!

The Craw
02-01-2008, 11:49 PM
:duh Arnie!damnit. i forgot about him. dont know how but i did.:lol