Sovereign Studios Newt Project ALIENS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjam

Here on the Perimeter
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
We all want one, don't we?! I know I do... :D

I just spoke with Shawn at Sovereign Studios about doing a Custom Newt fig for us and the good news is he is Game.

So, this will be the Official Aliens Freaks Sovereign Newt Custom thread.

To discuss, hopefully come up with plenty of ref pics, discuss a Proto and then work with Shawn on developing this Dream Fig...

Personally, anyone who has seen how Shawn is adept at doing "rooted" hair, not doll hair mind you, Rooted hair (YOU'VE SEEN MY CALLOUS BISHOP SO YOU KNOW HOW COOL IT COULD BE) properly may add a great touch as Carrie's hair was all over the place. Some may not want that, but personally I don't think Newt would be Newt without Rooted hair done right...

So, here we go, the Official Launch of

Sovereign Custom Newt...

"Ah-firmatiff"

Once he comes up with a Proto, we'll use this as an Order List as well

From Shawn:

That's a great idea. Just not sure what to use for a body. I could actually design my own, I've done it before. But she would have fairly limited (Barbie) articulation. If you want to start a thread to get a feel for the project, that would be cool. :)
Cheers,
Shawn

Many of us have seen Les' Amazing Custom Newt using a boy mego body. But it's so hard to find parts and all, so I thought maybe Shawn can make them for us..

AliensNewt.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Sovereign ALIENS Newt Thread

Or he could do it as a kit. You know, sell us a headsculpt, and the outfit, BUT BYOB as far as the body goes?

Also, I've not seen your callus bishop, show a pic so i can see what the man can do with rooted hair?

That would be up to Shawn..

Using the right body is the tricky part IMO. Les used a sanded down boy Mego body and it looks great scale wise and has excellent articulation for those piggy back rides on Ripley...

So we shall see, we're here to discuss all of that.

I'm sure Shawn will post pics of some figs he's done with rooted hair as well.

The Callous Bishop I have was just that, an example of how rooted hair can be done by one very talented Artist...

but I think we should stick with how Shawn may interpret how he would do that.

With that said, here's my Callous Bishop with Rooted hair

DSC08828.jpg

Last edited:

His Indy looks damned amazing, so I'm sure this figure would be just as good looking. I like the idea of putting her on Ripley's back. That would make for a killer setup. A quick question, is there a Aliens alien figure? I have seen Alien alien figures, but none for Aliens.

His Indy looks damned amazing, so I'm sure this figure would be just as good looking. I like the idea of putting her on Ripley's back. That would make for a killer setup. A quick question, is there a Aliens alien figure? I have seen Alien alien figures, but none for Aliens.

there are no ALIEN FIGURES by hot toys ( at the moment:monkey5), theyve only made ALIENS xenomorphs
as well as avp & avp-r xenomorphs.

What about using the Hasbro TPM Ani body?

BTW, great project -- thanks P!!!

Good idea Bro. :D

If I were Shawn I would develop/explore a Boy Body, that way he can use it for other figs too, like young John Connor and so much else.

We'll see...

HT ALIENS Warrior

DSC06321.jpg

Last edited:

Ok gotcha, thanks for the lesson guys. I had them mixed up. Only Aliens, no Alien. Cool. Why no Alien figures??!! I would buy the Power Loader if they put out a 1/6 Alien Queen or a 1/6 warrior to go along with it. Is there a possible future for these figures?

You may recall that I started a thread a few weeks ago to gauge interest in commissioning a custom Newt head, but since there didn't seem to be that many people willing to take part, I gave up the idea. In fact, I made my own, and just finished it (aside from some weathering) this morning.

This is the first time I've ever sculpted an entire head, so let me just say first off that it sucks. But if you don't get too close to it, it's passable. I did it with a combination of Fimo clay and epoxy putty (for the bottom of the hair, since clay isn't strong enough). The body is an 23cm Obitsu girl body, which seems a little too tall, but was the closest I could get with something that had decent articulation. The hands are too small, but I will say that having magnets in the feet is a stroke of genius. She stands just fine without a stand. The overalls are some Barbie overalls that I got in a three-pack on ebay for $1.50. They were sky blue, so I used black dye on them to get them a nice grayish color and trimmed them appropriately. The shirt is from the Endor trooper captain. It's way too big, so I trimmed the sleeves and have it pulled back with an alligator clip in the rear. (And yes, I do need to repaint my Ripley... The factory paint job isn't quite doing it for me.)

I'd still be interested in a custom Newt if the sculpt was good and it didn't have rooted hair (sorry Pjam, but I can't stand rooted hair in general). Maybe he could do two different heads, one with sculpted hair and another with rooted hair.

newt1.jpg

newt2.jpg

newt3.jpg

Last edited:

Ok gotcha, thanks for the lesson guys. I had them mixed up. Only Aliens, no Alien. Cool. Why no Alien figures??!! I would buy the Power Loader if they put out a 1/6 Alien Queen or a 1/6 warrior to go along with it. Is there a possible future for these figures?

I'm a little confused by this. They do have 1/6 warrior figures from Aliens. Are you thinking that the power loader was from Alien and not Aliens perhaps?

No, I was hoping for a Alien Queen in 1/6 from "Aliens". I know they have a warrior, I have one of the new brown ones, I just made a retard post. But earlier I was wanting to know if they had an alien from "Alien", which I was told Hot Toys did not make one :sad face

Yes, we would all love an alien queen, and there have been some signs that they're working on one, but nothing definite.

Can't wait to see what Shawn comes up with

In the meantime, because we are missing our Loyal and devoted Aliens Master Freak Dekdave

Maybe someone can post a few screen grabs of Newt?

As I recall her overalls were a grayish/blue color with pinstripes...

Last edited:

Hmmm... I think I'm with Icruise on the hair thing. i prefer sculpted hair, unless there is no other option. ( like my aurra sing, and Rushuna Tendo custom Figures) Not becuase it doesn't look good, but becuase it inevitably gets messy.

and speaking of icruise, i wish i had not missed your thread about commissioning a newt figure headsculpt, i'd have been onboard for that.

Those who have Expressed Interest so far from what I can tell...

pjam
Wor Gar
galacticboy
metaphorge
*lerath666
*icruise

*Interest: Yes I'm potentially Interested in a Sovereign Studios Custom Newt.

Those interested in this project LMK...

C'mon Lil' Newt, join the gang...

DSC06208.jpg

Last edited:

I can't 100% commit to it right now ( alot on the proverbial financial plate) But I'd say i'm atleast 80% onboard.

We aren't guaging commitment, just potential Interest at this point. :D

So I'll put you down Bro. :D

Back