The way Return of the Jedi should have ended

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no doubt the actual scene would have been more like that had the films been made in sequence (let's ignore the fact that EPS 1-3 would likely have been wholly different as well).

If Lucas had the balls to do that with the next cut of ROTJ I would have no problem with it.

I always wanted Vader to shove his mechanical arm through his chest and have a look of disbelief on his face as he was flung into the abyss while zapping his apprentice.

That was great.... gave that scene even more power. I'd love to see a similar cut in the eventual redo of the saga. Puts it into focus a bit I think.

Make these edits, then add Qui-Gon's spirit after Luke turns away and the saga's ending will be complete.

YES, YES! A thousand times yes. As much as people may not like it, now that we have all six movies I'd love to see them done as one complete story now.

pretty cool but i don't know I always felt so much emotion in the original without the flashbacks, even though it was just a slight turn of vader's head and the fact you can't see his face through his helmet...maybe it's because it allowed me to imprint my own ideas of what was going through his head.

I prefer to not have the conflict spelled out for the audience. Now that the prequels have been made, it should be even less necessary.

NOPE!
Bad enough they added a "young" Anakin at the end.
Don't get me wrong I enjoy the added scenes in the OT but enough with adding stuff from the PT!
I'm a purist I guess.
As for Lucas re-doing the OT...HELL NO!
:chew

I give it a thumbs down, flashbacks are great if you are doing a made for TV movie, but in this its just cheesey. While its well done, we know what the conflict is, as an audience I don't think we need it spoon fed to us.

That was completely unnecessary and cheapens the scene. His face might be hidden behind a mask, but in the original cut you can clearly see and feel that Vader is struggling with his emotions, memories, etc. without the need to be smashed over the head with a prequel montage. But given George's penchant for screwing with the OT, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see something like this on the eventual super Blu-Ray "I swear this is how I originally intended the movies to be" Edition of the films in 2011...

That was pretty cool! Even though, I don't like the young Anakin at the end. I like the flashbacks. It kinda brings the PT & OT together, subtly.

Are you kidding? Flashbacks to moments already seen are completely unnecessary. Flashbacks only serve narrative purpose if they are of moments yet unknown. Otherwise they're used if the creators of the film have very little faith in their audience's ability to remember anything or if they need to extend the film's running time for foreign sales. :D

the acting from behind Vader's mask in this scene is incredible... absolutely emotive! perhaps the most touching scenes of the entire saga! flashbacks, in my opinion, are completely unnecessary! feel his pain!

Yes.. yet another edit designed for the generation with no imagination...IMO not needed or wanted. It's exactly what I thought was going through his mind but I don't need it shown to me :emperor:monkey1:monkey3

The end of ROTJ WAS done right!!!! the first time LOL....
The OT should not be mutilated any more (not that this is official)... I'd be all up for a remake though! but keep the OT PURE! 9if that makes sense)

I would not be suprised if there was a remake of the Entire saga within the next 50 years.

the big question is, who is gonna take command of the LFL flagship once TMRFE is no longer among the living?

Back