Another addict from Oz

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cedric72

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys,just joined up yesterday after having a long hard look at the site,looks great! Plenty of interesting people in here.
I live in Brisbane and work in the transport industry in which I do a lot of hours to pay for my addiction which includes collecting all things Sideshow and Hot Toys.
I'm a big fan of Predator and Alien,Terminator and of course Star Wars and also collect Hot Toys Military.
I've only been collecting for the past three years now,but have aquired so much I've had to move into a bigger house!!!
In that time I have purchased the Aliens Marines which I have recently done a lot of customising to (these figures need so much customising to look like the characters in the movie it's crazy!). Anyway I hope to put up some pictures from my collection on this site soon,espesially the Aliens Marines.They look a lot better now after the customising.
Anyway,my girlriend and I are getting married in LA later on in the year so I'm not supposed to buy too much more of these awesome collectables until then,I have to save as much money as I can.
I don't know why I bother though,I just bought 1/4 Sideshow General Grievous and Darth Maul on Ebay which cost me a heap.Damn credit card.
Oh well,I guess this really is an addiction.
Cheers,
Cedric:maul

You've come to the right place, if you're a collector wanting to spend money. If you want to save money there's not much help or hope here. The best thing you can do for yourself is lose the credit card altogether. I'm sorry to be a downer but you have divulged your circumstances and it aint looking too good for you. Spending money, too many collectibles, maxed out card, girlfriend setting restrictions that are not met, impending marriage based on rocky outset, joining the freak board at the height of disaster. Let me spell it out for you. D-O-O-M.

Have a good time and welcome. :D

Welcome to the boards. There are a ton of great people here with a vast knowledge of just about anything regarding this wacky expensive hobby. :D

G'day mate, welcome to the boards.

It is good to see another Aussie here. You sound like you have a great collection. I know personally how hard it is to collect Down Under due to our small market and location.

Make sure that you post some pics up of your collection, the Aliens sound like they are great.

Oh, and go the Blues!!!! :)

Cheers

Welkome...I believe you will fit right in with all us freaks and our horrible, yet fulfilling addiction to polystone and plastic. :D

G'day mate, welcome to the boards.

It is good to see another Aussie here. You sound like you have a great collection. I know personally how hard it is to collect Down Under due to our small market and location.

Make sure that you post some pics up of your collection, the Aliens sound like they are great.

Oh, and go the Blues!!!! :)

Cheers
Oh my another aussie,the site is full of us!!! I don't find it too hard to collect here in Oz. Seeing that we can use Ebay, I usually find what I want there at a resonable price,just got to worry about the shipping price.

Oh, and go Broncos!!!! and VFR800's rule:wacky

Oh, and go Broncos!!!! and VFR800's rule:wacky

LOL.

While I certainly won't agree about the Broncos, I will conceed and agree that the VFR800 is an amazing bike.

In fact I was almost going to buy one before I decided on the ZX9R. Had it all lined up. However I have always owned Kawasaki's and it would feel weird not having one in the garage:)

Also, while the V4 engine is amazing, I couldn't live without the top-end rush that the inline 4 gives, plus the Nine has awesome mid-range :)

Do you ride Mt Glorious? Was up there awhile ago and had the opportunity to ride it. Nice bit of road :)

Cheers

Always nice to see Australia well represented!

Welcome to the board, and congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Also, congratulations on getting Grievous and Maul. The Star Wars PF line is my favorite out of all that Sideshow does, and Grievous is one of the better pieces in the line.

Always nice to see Australia well represented!

Welcome to the board, and congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Also, congratulations on getting Grievous and Maul. The Star Wars PF line is my favorite out of all that Sideshow does, and Grievous is one of the better pieces in the line.
I am quite blown away with Grievous,I can't get over the size of him!:horror

LOL.

While I certainly won't agree about the Broncos, I will conceed and agree that the VFR800 is an amazing bike.

In fact I was almost going to buy one before I decided on the ZX9R. Had it all lined up. However I have always owned Kawasaki's and it would feel weird not having one in the garage:)

Also, while the V4 engine is amazing, I couldn't live without the top-end rush that the inline 4 gives, plus the Nine has awesome mid-range :)

Do you ride Mt Glorious? Was up there awhile ago and had the opportunity to ride it. Nice bit of road :)

Cheers
Haven't ridden up there in a couple of years since I last got caught by the cops on Mt.Mee near Glorious:eek:.I go out to Toowoomba every three weeks to see a mate of mine though,that's not a bad run.

Haven't ridden up there in a couple of years since I last got caught by the cops on Mt.Mee near Glorious:eek:.I go out to Toowoomba every three weeks to see a mate of mine though,that's not a bad run.

Yeah, I heard that Glorious is now heavily policed. Bit like The Old Road down here in NSW. I think I was up there just before they decided to blitz it.

It is always good to get out of the city and out into the country, at least you can open it up a bit :angelsmil

Jamal: Yo right back at ya :D

oi oi oi

Back