My 501st review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's all about sixth scale tonight, and expensive sixth scale at that. I'm looking at the latest release from Medicom in their Star Wars line, the 501st Clone Trooper. If you bought the original white Clone Trooper, you know what you're getting. The same figure...but with an amazingly well done paint job. If you skipped the first version to wait for one like this, pat yourself on the back.

You can check out all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Great review Michael, the 501st design does add a lot to the figure. So, is this figure on a taller body than the stormtrooper, or is it the height of the noggin that makes the difference?

And as always:

:rock :rock :rock :rock
review_medi501st_11.jpg

It's taller below the waist too - notice how the waist is about even with Connor. It may be the feet that's adding some of that height, but the legs seem longer to me too.

Great review . . .

As someone whose just bought the all white on from the bay in the last few days your review freshens the appetite . .

although you mentioned if it was a toss up between all white and this youd have this

Im displaying this with a clean custom scout, medi storm, clean custom snow, and a marmit sand (which id like to ideally have clean or failing that get around to properly weathering myself)

Either way at this price the idea of having clean, 501st, shock and the obligatory others to follow - isnt on the agenda

So ill settle for a clean one with my clean majority !

EDIT ? Is there such a thing as a decent clean Sand Trooper ?

You can always do a Hurricane custom figure. This is just a quick picture I took and it really does not do these figures justice but I like them much better than the Medicoms.

Nice review Mike! This figure is quite cool no doubt.

I feel like a winner with this and the shock coming but also because I have two of the best customs ever!

Josh's 501st and Shock

DSCN3934.jpg

IMG_1204-4.jpg

Hurricane's Cody

IMG_1188-1.jpg

You can always do a Hurricane custom figure. This is just a quick picture I took and it really does not do these figures justice but I like them much better than the Medicoms.

the armor is too clunky and the sculpts arn't as nice.. and with custom figures you'll end up paying about the same.. so might as well buy the medicom figure..

Nice review Mike! This figure is quite cool no doubt.

I feel like a winner with this and the shock coming but also because I have two of the best customs ever!

Josh's 501st and Shock

DSCN3934.jpg

IMG_1204-4.jpg

Hurricane's Cody

IMG_1188-1.jpg

:love:love:love:love:love Now those are frickin awesome and mucho de niro Ill bet, seen em all before on these boards didnt know it was you had these bad boys josh :bow:bow

They all Medi customs ? Is that Shock gonna get the kinda grease oil mud foot treatment the other 2 have ? cause that really works makes em really realistic

They all Medi customs ? Is that Shock gonna get the kinda grease oil mud foot treatment the other 2 have ? cause that really works makes em really realistic

They are all Medi customs. I believe Josh has already added that to the Shocktrooper. I like them to look as if they've been in a fight.

Yeah, as nice as the Medicom did with the paint work and wear... nothing competes with the attention of a customizer. And I think what Josh did to those with his paint work is unbelievable. And he has a great eye for realistic weathering.

Yeah, as nice as the Medicom did with the paint work and wear... nothing competes with the attention of a customizer. And I think what Josh did to those with his paint work is unbelievable. And he has a great eye for realistic weathering.

Yeah, when it comes to my stuff these 3 rank quite high in my collection and several items would go well before these.

I just ordered 2 of these from eBay. I was so impressed with the Shocktroopers that I had to get the 501st as well. I was lucky enough to find them for even a few bucks less than AVERAGE retail and shipping. I think I paid about 154 and change for each one shipped. Next up is to get a couple of the white ones. I want to be caught up before the 212th come out and I am guessing they are close behind these.

great review michael & good to see all the colored ones get reposted. awesome. josh is stoked. :D

EDIT ? Is there such a thing as a decent clean Sand Trooper ?

MC.......i stripped a marmit st of its paint and kind of want to keep him clean looking as i have 2 more that are nice and dirty and figured at least one of them has to sit in an office somewhere and fill out all those TPS reports. :lol

I like the dirty versions of all of the troopers, buit I also like clean ones for formations like the Emperor's arrival on the Death Star.

Back