Most/Least Accepted Piece?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tomandshell

All of the debate and discussion over the mumak and Aragorn have been interesting. There are obviously a lot of different tastes and preferences out there, and Sideshow can't please them all. However, I was wondering- have they done a piece in the last two years that has been universally accepted, with little to no complaint or division? Which piece gets your vote for "least divisive" statue/bust? While you're at it, which piece in SSW's four year run do you think was MOST controversial/divisive among the fans? I would be interested to know your thoughts.

Gandalf on Shadowfax, I have not heard a single person say they didn't like it (at my own place that is, haven't followed the boards too closely...)

My vote for most accepted/acclaimed is DADDY Balrog. :balrog

Most controversal/bad, probably Pippin Bust.

for me , personally I think my ultimate favourite statue/enviro has to be the Stone Trolls.

Favourite bust: King theoden

Favourite Statue: I would have to say either Bilbo or Cavetroll.

Least favourite statue: hands down SHELOB, Hate it !

Shell
x
:toast :gimli

adoptedscot: I think this thread is more in line with what the general population thinks, and not what each individual thinks.

I think the least argued about piece has to be the Daddy Rog. What could they do to improve it? The only bad thing I've ever heard about it is the aftermarket price. RWOS and GOSF both are great pieces, yet both have their detractors. (Gandalf looking down, and the armor on the RWOS).

As far as most divisive, I would go with Shelob. I love it, but others hate it.

Daddy Rog (and Cave Troll etc.) hasn't been done in the last 2 years right?

:doh :doh sorry.

Overall definately Daddy Balrog then I would say as an overall favourite, not heard many complaints about him.
If sticking wihin last 2 years then Gandalf on Shadowfax.

As for bad I get the impression Haradrim soldier doesnt do too well

fingers crossed got it right this time

shell
x

Gandalf on Shadowfax, I have not heard a single person say they didn't like it (at my own place that is, haven't followed the boards too closely...)

You never went over other LOTR boards did ya? ;) :lol

The Daddy Rog is probably got the least negative comments I've seen. Sauron probably is another that hasn't gotten too many.

It's difficult to say for sure, since some of the pieces announced in the past two years have yet to be seen (outside of photos and some peoples' limited expereinces at SDCC and such). Sauron is a great example. So far, very, very few people have had anything bad to say, but almost no one has really seen it yet, so maybe that will change. The Morgul Lord has also gotten pretty universal praise.

As far as the most controversial, I would say it is a toss-up between Pippin (remember the infamous "Fellowship Pippin" debates? ;) ) and Galadriel ("What?? No mirror??").

My opinions:

Most accepted: Morgul Lord : fantastic piece, affordable and just oozes character.

Least accepted: Haradrim: the only people not detracting this piece are the completists.

Oh, and I agree that Shelob is fantastic.

I don't rate GOSF at all. The top one is unquestionably the Cave Troll although the other contender, in some collectors' eyes is the Balrog (not the mini-me version).

most accepted is RWOS... anytime i say something bad about it, the lynch mob comes out of the bushes...

least accepted of the statues...? Haradrihm Soldier i suppose... i never hear any praise for it... or maybe the Orc Pitmaster...

I couldn't give the most accepted to Daddy Rog or CT, cause the prices they demand, make some people not agree that they are worth the price...

I think the Pitmaster is pretty good, especially for the price. The Haradhrim is a good choice for least accepted along with Shelob and Grishnak bust which is like a big red haemorrhoid.

Least : Haradrim (though I like him)

Most : Sam & Bill (Haven't met anyone that doesn't want him)

Most : Sam & Bill (Haven't met anyone that doesn't want him)

nice to meet ya...

i think that piece is highly overpriced, and not worth what it fetches...

even at a bargain, i still wouldn't take it...

Least : Haradrim (though I like him)

Most : Sam & Bill (hadn't met anyone that didn't want him , until just now) :p

Most accepted/coveted, probably Minas Morgul, one of the most produced items and yet it still goes for well above retail.

Least accepted, possibly Uruk Beserker. 3000 made, a really great statue (anyone in doubt get hold of it whilst its cheap) and yet not that sought after.:dunno

Back