PDA

View Full Version : Most/Least Accepted Piece?

tomandshell
07-09-2005, 11:04 AM
All of the debate and discussion over the mumak and Aragorn have been interesting. There are obviously a lot of different tastes and preferences out there, and Sideshow can't please them all. However, I was wondering- have they done a piece in the last two years that has been universally accepted, with little to no complaint or division? Which piece gets your vote for "least divisive" statue/bust? While you're at it, which piece in SSW's four year run do you think was MOST controversial/divisive among the fans? I would be interested to know your thoughts.

Lynxje
07-09-2005, 11:15 AM
Gandalf on Shadowfax, I have not heard a single person say they didn't like it (at my own place that is, haven't followed the boards too closely...)

Daveyjaro
07-09-2005, 11:20 AM
My vote for most accepted/acclaimed is DADDY Balrog. :balrog

Most controversal/bad, probably Pippin Bust.

adoptedscot
07-09-2005, 11:23 AM
for me , personally I think my ultimate favourite statue/enviro has to be the Stone Trolls.

Favourite bust: King theoden

Favourite Statue: I would have to say either Bilbo or Cavetroll.

Least favourite statue: hands down SHELOB, Hate it !

Shell
x
:toast :gimli

elwood49
07-09-2005, 11:26 AM
adoptedscot: I think this thread is more in line with what the general population thinks, and not what each individual thinks.

I think the least argued about piece has to be the Daddy Rog. What could they do to improve it? The only bad thing I've ever heard about it is the aftermarket price. RWOS and GOSF both are great pieces, yet both have their detractors. (Gandalf looking down, and the armor on the RWOS).

As far as most divisive, I would go with Shelob. I love it, but others hate it.

Lynxje
07-09-2005, 11:27 AM
Daddy Rog (and Cave Troll etc.) hasn't been done in the last 2 years right?

adoptedscot
07-09-2005, 11:30 AM
:doh :doh sorry.

Overall definately Daddy Balrog then I would say as an overall favourite, not heard many complaints about him.
If sticking wihin last 2 years then Gandalf on Shadowfax.

As for bad I get the impression Haradrim soldier doesnt do too well

fingers crossed got it right this time

shell
x

jlcmsu
07-09-2005, 11:33 AM
Gandalf on Shadowfax, I have not heard a single person say they didn't like it (at my own place that is, haven't followed the boards too closely...)

You never went over other LOTR boards did ya? ;) :lol

The Daddy Rog is probably got the least negative comments I've seen. Sauron probably is another that hasn't gotten too many.

RoboDad3000
07-09-2005, 11:40 AM
It's difficult to say for sure, since some of the pieces announced in the past two years have yet to be seen (outside of photos and some peoples' limited expereinces at SDCC and such). Sauron is a great example. So far, very, very few people have had anything bad to say, but almost no one has really seen it yet, so maybe that will change. The Morgul Lord has also gotten pretty universal praise.

As far as the most controversial, I would say it is a toss-up between Pippin (remember the infamous "Fellowship Pippin" debates? ;) ) and Galadriel ("What?? No mirror??").

FlyAndFight
07-09-2005, 12:24 PM
My opinions:

Most accepted: Morgul Lord : fantastic piece, affordable and just oozes character.

Least accepted: Haradrim: the only people not detracting this piece are the completists.

Oh, and I agree that Shelob is fantastic.

CaptainCaveTroll
07-09-2005, 12:40 PM
I don't rate GOSF at all. The top one is unquestionably the Cave Troll although the other contender, in some collectors' eyes is the Balrog (not the mini-me version).

Diesel
07-09-2005, 01:12 PM
most accepted is RWOS... anytime i say something bad about it, the lynch mob comes out of the bushes...

least accepted of the statues...? Haradrihm Soldier i suppose... i never hear any praise for it... or maybe the Orc Pitmaster...

I couldn't give the most accepted to Daddy Rog or CT, cause the prices they demand, make some people not agree that they are worth the price...

Figwit
07-09-2005, 01:16 PM
least accepted: Haradrim Soldier
most accepted: RRoS or Cave Troll (toss up)

CaptainCaveTroll
07-09-2005, 01:21 PM
I think the Pitmaster is pretty good, especially for the price. The Haradhrim is a good choice for least accepted along with Shelob and Grishnak bust which is like a big red haemorrhoid.

Heart Of Stone
07-09-2005, 01:34 PM
Least : Haradrim (though I like him)

Most : Sam & Bill (Haven't met anyone that doesn't want him)

Diesel
07-09-2005, 02:22 PM
Most : Sam & Bill (Haven't met anyone that doesn't want him)

nice to meet ya...

i think that piece is highly overpriced, and not worth what it fetches...

even at a bargain, i still wouldn't take it...

Heart Of Stone
07-09-2005, 03:08 PM
Least : Haradrim (though I like him)

Most : Sam & Bill (hadn't met anyone that didn't want him , until just now) :p

CaptainCaveTroll
07-10-2005, 12:09 AM
Is there an echo in here?

Heart Of Stone
07-10-2005, 12:14 AM

Yes . I guess so . :dance

Dark Enemy of Middle Earth
07-10-2005, 08:53 AM
Most accepted/coveted, probably Minas Morgul, one of the most produced items and yet it still goes for well above retail.

Least accepted, possibly Uruk Beserker. 3000 made, a really great statue (anyone in doubt get hold of it whilst its cheap) and yet not that sought after.:dunno

FrodoEyes
07-10-2005, 09:08 AM
CCT, look carefully, if you can read I think you'll find HOS' posts aren't as similar as you may think! ;)

Most accepted (recently) : Morgul Lord

Least accepted (recently): Haradhrim

CaptainCaveTroll
07-10-2005, 09:49 AM
CCT, look carefully, if you can read I think you'll find HOS' posts aren't as similar as you may think!

I did see the difference but I thought I would make the point anyway. I can read (thank you for your concern). I think you are getting me confused with Josh - he's the one that has been over-indulging in the activity that makes you blind!

FrodoEyes
07-10-2005, 09:51 AM
;)

Seion
07-11-2005, 02:29 PM
Over the past couple of years I have read from different people who dislike the Balrog, CT, and RWOS. Even though those are over 2 years old, there are still those out there who dislike any of the three.

For the past two years, I would have to say the ML is the most appreciated statue. The biggest complaint that I know of about this piece is the edition size. Other than that, people tend to love the piece.

Least accepted: I'd probably have to go with the Haradrim on this one. Shelob probably comes in a close second, but there are too many people who actually like her.

Most controversial between being great art and a horrible piece: New Born.

Seion

Naugladur
07-11-2005, 11:13 PM
CCT, it's obvious that you're sweet on Josh. Your seemingly insulting posts are the internet equivalent of pushing him down on the playground.

I'm sure he's straight, but I guess you can dream.

buzzardio1080
07-12-2005, 03:24 AM
no thery arnt
u obnoxious dwarf
lol
hee hee
most accepted c/t
least accepted shelob
But legolas bust deserves an honurable mentioin for being so poor.
its unbelievable that it was produced by the same company that did theodens bust ,they level of detail and quality are completely different.

RodLonghi
07-12-2005, 08:36 AM
There's a poll about the popularity of the statues,busts ,etc in the Last Alliance site:

www.last-alliance.net/gallery/poll_results.php?set_albumName=zVotingSSWStatues (http://www.last-alliance.net/gallery/poll_results.php?set_albumName=zVotingSSWStatues)

The number one statue is the CT which is also my favorite piece.

At the botton is the Orc Overseer. IMO is the New Born Uruk.

skary01902
07-20-2005, 12:53 PM
Most accepted- Morgul Lord
Least accepted- Newborn Uruk-Hai even though I think this is a superb piece but it got a lot of knocks about being ugly I disagree It's great.