HT Robocop 3: pics of face without helmet?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8th wonder

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have seen some blurry pics of the face but not really good ones. Somebody have some good pics of HT Robocop 3 figure's face without the helmet? If it is wellerish i might buy it.

thanks

Hey, I've seen the RoboCop 3 with flight pack, and it is slightly Weller-ish. I mean it looks like RoboCop, and not really any other of the Robo actors. In fact, I do have a couple of pics. I've attached a really good one (I don't have access to Photobucket right now, as my PC is running ssssllllooowwwlllyyyyyyy at the moment. Damn you Bill Gates!).

I do have a follow-up to anyone who owns the "non-jet pack" version of the Robo 3 figure: Does the helmet come off like the jet pack version? or is that a feature that was later given to the jet pack version. I don't know which one came out first.:confused:

V1 and V2 the helmet isn't supposed to come off, but it's only held on by a minimal amount of glue, and is easily pried off.

V1 and V2 don't have the detail, under the helmet, that V3 has.

Here's a pic (not mine) of V1 with the helmet off.

35kvqrn.jpg

It seems to be that the HT robocop 1 has the same face sculp as the HT robocop 3 flight-pack version. Definately weller-ish:cool:.

So the Robocop 3 w/jetpack has the removable helmet??? I just want to make sure, a local seller here in town has one that I think I could get for a decent price and have always wanted a "Helmetless" Robocop next to my Robo 1.

So the Robocop 3 w/jetpack has the removable helmet??? I just want to make sure, a local seller here in town has one that I think I could get for a decent price and have always wanted a "Helmetless" Robocop next to my Robo 1.

Yes that's the one.

Yes, the V3 helmet is designed to come off, and is not held on by glue. The face sculpt on V3 is different. V3 has the mechanical detail on the back of the head, whereas V1 is blanked off and black.

So does it say on the box what version it is?
No it doesn't. It's just collector talk to differentiate between them. You know which version it is by what is in the box. Robocop = V1, Robocop with gun arm = V2, Robocop with flightpack = V3.

Always thought that the V3 has its helmet sitting too high.
i agree. i love that VER 3 has more detail on the sculpt. the wiring around the sides, bullet hole in the forehead, helmet designed to come off...but i can't get over how damn high the helmet sets on his head. just doesn't look like the Robo i know when the helmet is on. so i weighed which was more important. helmet on or off? for me, helmet on is the way i'd display him 90% of the time so i got ver 2 w/ gun arm. just got it too when SS gave a 2nd chance on them after finding some hidden away.

Is the first version the only one with two hands, or do the ones with the gun arms also have an additional hand?

The first version is the standard. The second with gun arm is the same as the first with the additional accessory being the gun arm. The third is a different robo, sculpt and paint, but has all the accessories of the first two but with the added flight pack.

V2
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=63091
V3
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=6328

So essentially each version is better than the last (with the possible exception of V3 having its helmet ride too high)?

If you ask me I would say get the V3, more accessories, more bang for your buck.

From what I have gleaned, most prefer the original, as it is closer to the Robo they prefer, which is from the Robocop 1 film. So V1 or V2 is the go. V3 is from the Robocop 3 film. V3 looks less like Peter Weller than the other two. V3 has a different paint scheme. V3 has the detail of the back of his head, another plus.

I felt ripped off by V1, because Hot Toys chose to milk us with each additional release. I think Robocop was the first time they chose to use this methodical approach to releases. It has now spread to Aliens, Predators, Prison Breakers and Pirates

If you ask me I would say get the V3, more accessories, more bang for your buck.

From what I have gleaned, most prefer the original, as it is closer to the Robo they prefer, which is from the Robocop 1 film. So V1 or V2 is the go. V3 is from the Robocop 3 film. V3 looks less like Peter Weller than the other two. V3 has a different paint scheme. V3 has the detail of the back of his head, another plus.

I felt ripped off by V1, because Hot Toys chose to milk us with each additional release. I think Robocop was the first time they chose to use this methodical approach to releases. It has now spread to Aliens, Predators, Prison Breakers and Pirates

The different pics from v1 unmasked and v3 unmasked earlier in this thread make me believe that the headsculp is pretty much the same. Whats the difference?

the headsculp is pretty much the same. Whats the difference?

Pretty much but not quite. They are different but pretty much the same. Same bland expression. A face but both different. Other than the face being different and the helmet sitting too high and able to come off, and the detail of the wiring in the back of the head as opposed to a smooth black blank and the colour being different, they are pretty much the same.

On it's own you probably wouldn't notice much difference, but next to each other you probably would. Mainly the difference in paint colour. The V3 has some added holes and, I think, some protuberances to enable the attachment of the flight pack.

Back