Devil May Cry 4 Demo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McHavyck

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's up on both Xbox Live and the Playstation Store.
Good game, though the demo is too short.

Last edited:
It's pretty cool, but I didn't really like the fighting system, really there's just one button for melee attack and that seems kinda crappy.
If you use the Devil Bringer (the B button on the 360 controller) and mix that with melee and the gunplay it gives you plenty of options. As you play you get new powers and can do different melee attacks with it.
:rock :rock

If you use the Devil Bringer (the B button on the 360 controller) and mix that with melee and the gunplay it gives you plenty of options. As you play you get new powers and can do different melee attacks with it.
:rock :rock

the upper cut with the sword (<-, Y & RB) then devil bringer punch finished off with bullets from the gun :monkey3:D

and the graphics are sweet too

The graphics are sick as hell, shame i'm crap at this type of game though i just end up button bashing which in turn give me cramp in my fingers. :lol

So i'll have to pass on this one shame really.

pretty fun, really good graphics.....too bad after so many iterations they still haven't figured out how to create a good camera though.

The review is out and got an 8.7 for both systems.(the ps3 edges them out with shorter load times according to IGN.COM but both are basically identical)

It's out today! Gonna go pick it up at my local Gamestop. If you pre-ordered, you get a free artbook. Not too shabby.

I love it! I'm already finished through Mission 4 I believe and it's fantastic. I'm playing on Devil Hunter mode and the game is still tough...not DMC tough but still tough enough that you can't be stupid.

Dante's and Nero's first encounter is VERY cool and it starts the game off with a huge bang. Obviously I think Nero is related to Dante somehow, I'm eager to see how it unfolds.

I played DMC & DMC2, I passed on DMC3 though I heard it was fantastic. I'm glad to be back on the train with DMC4!!! :chew

Yeah I'm also on mission 4-5 and it's very good so far.

However, I do have some nitpicks. While playing as Nero is fun most of the time and using his Devil Bringer is a great new feature, I really dislike the little bits of gameplay where you have to "snatch" the floating orbs to swing from platform to platform. A lot of the time the camera is fixed at one angle so it's hard to line your jump or swing.

Being a big fan of the previous DMC games (except part 2), I was a bit disappointed to see how little has improved with the jump to a next-generation console. The visuals are nicer, the game runs smoother, but the gameplay takes only a small step forward over the the previous DMC game.

Still a great game, and because it's so similar to the previous titles, getting acquainted with all the game mechanics is easy.

Back