I cancelled my mumak...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scriff

I decided to cancel my Mumak tonight after talking about it with my wife - she and I felt that the pose wasn't really that, well, dynamic. Also the $300 US wasn't particularly helpful.

:( :( :(

But all is not sad - I did re-order the battle troll statue. In the end that $175 statue doesn't seem so expensive now...

Scriff

Im there with ya mate.

Cancelled Muffin, got me KotD & Gothmog in stead.

:hat

Yea, I treated myself to Elessar and Eowyn instead. Was thinking of Goth. on Warg, but decided to get those 2 pieces instead, since I am canceling the Mumak.

I can so understand you guys...

Only reason I am keeping it, is to keep the collection complete. For that, I guess I'm glad that it's all over now...

I didn't order Mumak, and after SDCC don't plan to. Sadly I'm cancelling the battle troll...as much as I wanted this piece the scale of it really turned me off, he's just way too small.

I'm thinking about cancelling my mumak. I might put the $300 towards the Weta Kong vs. T-Rex Statue. :dunno

I don't care about the Mumak statue.
I thought they were great in the movie but in polystone they're kind of "empty".
I think the Warg is sitting in a strange way. I'm sure it's like in the movie but it looks strange to me.

I'm keeping all the other rider statues. They're great!:clap

Actually, I cancelled my Mumak and my Attack Troll...each for different reasons.

Although I believe that the Mumak sculpt is indeed excellent and exceedingly detailed, I really have a problem with adding more dead or dying sculpts. I already own Sideshow's excellent Santi with Bomb piece, as well the Haradrim soldier figure. That is enough fatalism for me.

As for the Attack Troll, I already own the classic Cave Troll, and once you own that piece, there really is no need for another troll. In short, the first Cave Troll set the standard for the character...the new piece is much like the second Balrog. It has been released for those who missed the first go-round.

I am still on the fence concerning the last two horse and rider pieces...Gimli/Legolas on Arod & Aragorn at the Black Gate. I don't think I will preorder these, but I might pick one up on Ebay if the price is right.

As far as I'm concerned, my final must-buy LOTR pieces will be:

King of the Dead
Pippin
Lady Galadriel
Sauron
Peter Jackson as Corsair

...sailing off into the West.

B.

Haven't ordered anything of the last 8 pieces or so (last was Galadriel) and only piece I'm thinking about is Lego/Gimli. I'm gonna put my money towards a Predator :rock

I ordered Muffin and I will keep that order! I think she is wonderful and after seeing the pics from SD, I'm even more convinced that this will be a wonderful piece that is a must have. As far as Aragorn at the Black Gates goes, I think this piece has gotten everything that was wrong with the earlier Aragorn pieces fixed and can't wait to add him to my household as well. The PJ statue is probably my least favorite of the last 3,but I will keep him as well. I jsut wish he was bigger!

Muffin definately looks better in person, as usual. I really like it, but it does nothing for my husband. He ain't the one buying it, so it will come home!

Ajaxxxxx, you may want to reconsider cancelling the attack troll. Although smaller, it's not too small, and is still incredibly detailed. A really great piece. The smashed Gondorian helm beneath it and the expression on the troll's face really adds to the details. I like him better than Muffin...
xyxthumbs.gif

It's quite unbelievable how I always seem to like the least liked pieces best :dunno

I've got 3 very expensive items coming at the end of this year and therefore I am unable to order the Mumak piece. And I am racking my brain as to wether or not to order one anyway, thats how much I like the piece. I really cant understand why nobody likes it, just because its not the pose they wanted it to be in....

So did I .....................................:eek

With Sideshow anyway as yes the $300 price tag is a tad bit too much detailing or not. Way expensive for the size, I mean compair it to the first $300 beasts, Cavey and Balrog.....:bow
Come on SS get the pricing right with the last ones instead of MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Milking us dry...............;)

Re: ,

I've cancelled mine as well.

Agreed, not worth the price and I'm not a big fan of the "mini muffin" to begin with. When I don't have a Faramir or Eomer statue in my collection, the Mumak just seems insignificant and unnecessary. Besides, there are just too many other items from other sideshow lines that I'm interested in. The 1/4 scales have got my attention.

I'm with you, I like the sculpt and the creature, but 300 is too much. I will get it off Ebay when the flood begins.

I've got this one on order, but I may cancel and get one during the flood. I'd really like to get one eventually, but I've got a ton of stuff coming during the 4th quarter (who doesn't? :lol )

The Mumak is bigger than the Balrog and a more complex piece. I doubt those that have seen it in person would be cancelling, but to each their own...

Bigger? more complex? How? The Basket?

Mumak:
Product Size: approx. 11" H (279mm) x 14" W (356mm) x 18" D (457mm) *
Product Weight: 10.00 lbs (4.32 Kg) *

Balrog:
Product Size: 13.5 inches*
Product Weight: 25.00 lbs (10.80 Kg) *

Muffin is staying on order for me. It's a creature, so gotta have it. :dance

Status
Not open for further replies.