Well, I can tell you the KOTD is hollow!! Now with pictures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lcummins

I guess I am the first with a KOTD to arrive damaged. He arrived at the office today and it took a lot of willpower to wait until quitting time to open him up to have a look. I removed the Styrofoam top and was in awe while trying to decide just where to pick him up to remove him when I noticed a gap between the base and the statue. I knew everyone was saying that he was permanently attached to the base, so I was a little perplexed thinking mine might not be. Turns out, he was completely broken off from the base. There is cavity in the base a little larger than 1" by 2" and the statue has a matching area about 1/4" deep which fits into the cavity and is apparently glued in place. Mine had broken away leaving one side and the bottom of the "box" area in the cavity. Anyway, the statue appears to be hollow most of the way up. Not sure why they decided to attach him to the base, but it might have something to do with him being hollow. :dunno

Oh well, already requested a return through the customer service form and I have no worry that it will be exchanged in quick order. This is only my third damaged piece in five years of buying from Sideshow, so I can't complain. It's just a shame to think the statue itself is actually completely intact but will probably be destroyed upon its return! :x

Ok, here are some photos of the carnage!

KOTD01.jpg

KOTD02.jpg

KOTD03.jpg

KOTD04.jpg

Ok, no rude comments about this last one! :D

KOTD05.jpg

Re: Well, I can tell you the KOTD is hollow!!

Actually, your the second person I've seen say they got one damaged. Darthrage from here and S&F got one today that was busted.

bummer man... hope you get your replacement quickly...

THIRD IN FIVE YEARS!
I have NEver had anything damaged! :google

Bodie, he is back at the office waiting for pickup, but I haven't resealed the box yet, so I will try to get pictures tomorrow and post them after I get home from work.

Sorry to hear the bad news lcummins . I know that feeling when you get a new statue in , and wan't to put it on display right away , but it turns out to be broken . Usually means another couple of weeks waiting .
Absolutely tormenting !
I'm surprised at this one being hollow ! $175 and it's not even solid ! Strange . :dunno

That sucks Lonnie. I'm sure you're get a replacement quickly. Can't wait until I get mine.....

Yours will be broken as well Figwit .....................................

........................ I have forseen it :eye :saruman

:thwak Hush up HoS!!! Remember, we are BOTH getting ours from Adam. I get him to give YOU a broken one!!:lol

Actually, your the second person I've seen say they got one damaged. Darthrage from here and S&F got one today that was busted.

Yup - lucky me.:bang2

what a bummer...broken poly is sooo depressing...I have had nothing arrived damaged, been lucky...I just break it when its on the shelf :|

...this is another reason I didn't mind paying extra from ss for this piece...the comfort knowing it will be replaced asap is a good thing :grouphug

My Eowyn arrived damaged - the helm was broken off of the base. Like Lonnie said about the KoTD, the helm was glued onto the base by a "spike" in a hole in the base. Appears that items glued onto the base are somewhat prone to breakage in the shipping process. Hopefully my replacement will arrive intact.

That sucks.. hope you both get your replacements in good order.

Damn. You would thick that since SS raised the statue price that it would be solid. :bang

:balrog

It certainly has some heft to it still, but who knew?!?! :dunno

Re: Well, I can tell you the KOTD is hollow!! Now with pictu

Well, to tell you the truth....I think all the statues have a hollow point, so none will be solid polystone.

Sorry to hear about your broken peice. Hopefully you'll have this resolved, with a new one.

Re: Well, I can tell you the KOTD is hollow!! Now with pictu

wow...i almost wish i didnt see that...:eek

Back