Cloverfield Monster from Hasbro?!?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTH??? 70 points of articulation??? 70? And $100 to boot. Geeze Louise, is it a joke?

Yep, I ordered one as well. Hasbro's track record on large scale items is actually pretty damn good, particularly on the Star Wars side. Also, their Ultimate Bumblebee was well worth the $70 - $80, and that was a mass market release.

And I don't get the 'too long' thing. I don't think I'll stop liking the movie any time soon, any more than other films I enjoy.

At first I thought Holy ****! I want one, only if, IF hasbro does it justice. But it would be cool to have it, then customize a to scale HUD w/ camera to stare up at it.

Frankly I was hoping to see this figure no matter who made it, cuz it is one of the most creative designs for a monster ever. And add in not one not two but !) parasites! I'll be good santa!

I'll have to see it first before I order it or pick it up in store.

It's a HasbroToyShop.com exclusive. It won't be in stores. :lecture

Seriously, why not order it? You can always cancel within the next 6-7 months. I just didn't want to take the chance of missing out on something very cool.

And I don't get the 'too long' thing. I don't think I'll stop liking the movie any time soon, any more than other films I enjoy.

Agreed. And the reason behind the long lead time is obvious: The movie producers went to great lengths to keep the creature design under wraps. And they succeeded. For Hasbro to have this item out on time closer to the release of the movie means they would have had the designs months and months ago... and it surely would have leaked before the film's release. It never fails.

I think the other major reason for a long lead time is simply that they are doing what companies like Sideshow have learned to do - gauging real interest at the $100 price tag before going off and making 10k of them. This is a pre-order so that they can set an appropriate manufacturig size.

Of course, they had to guess at how many they'd make to get the price tag, so I'd pre-order it if I was you. Not enough pre-orders might mean it never gets made, and you can always cancel.

Smart companies no not to ask people IF they'd buy something to gauge their interest...they have to ask them TO buy it.

Wonder if this will be coming out around the same time as a DVD release... although that will probably be earlier than this. Can't wait to see the review.

This is really exciting. Even if I didn't like the movie as much as I do, it's just so wacky. When does Hasbro do something like this?! I can't wait for pics. :chew

927009209ffmain400rw9.jpg

927009209ffa400zk0.jpg

927009209ffb400hj6.jpg

Not bad. So what do you think?

That's what the monster looks like, A giant wingless albino bat?

I haven't seen the movie or any good spoiler images, so it's surprising to see what it looks like. I would've preferred the giant mutant whale that was done in some art contest for the film.
I'm not liking the design, but Hasbro made a pretty good looking figure.

I don't actually like the design of the monster...

I preffered it when we couldn't see it in the film, just see the effects it was having on the Big Apple...

Worst pre-sales photos EVER. High key photos that wash out the skin, and are so far back that it looks like a 3 3/4" toy. This thing has been advertised as HUGE, and there's no impression of that at all. On top of that, the high key photos wash out the detail, and really make this thing look bad.

I think it could end up very cool, but with marketing photos like these I'm doubtful they'll even get enough pre-orders to justify making it. Color me disappointed.

Back