Watching LOTR with Surround Sound, my Birthday present

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

adoptedscot

Hi All.

Well, it was my Birthday yesterday and as a gift from my flatmate I got a Surround sound System for my TV!..
She knows my love for LOTR and everything to do with it so she has just set my system and I am about to watch all 3 movies with popcorn and full surround Sound...I'm very excited

Later today I will have alcohol and popcorn as a celebration !!, :yay

Now I can watch all 3 film as they were meant to be seen!!!:ted :ted

Shell
x
:toast :gimli

Surround sound is a must to watch movies (any movies, not just LotR) as is a big screen of course (50" plus) :rock

Congrats on your birthday(sorry i'm late) and enjoy your present, we bought last week Surround sound and indeed movies are much better. Now saving for a big flat screen.

Regards Linda

Surround sound is a must to watch movies (any movies, not just LotR) as is a big screen of course (50" plus)
I totally agree. I'm a movie nut as it is anyway so surround wasn't an issue for me. I had to have it. I have a 50" Sony Grand Wega w/hdmi and movies absolutely rock on it. It was my first big-big TV. My surround is a work in progress, I keep changing things here and there. Very cool of your girl to get that for you! Enjoy and welcome to the world of surround. (it may not be good though, something else to get addicted to and spend lots of money on, but it's so worth it.)

Home Cinema is a must :google :google :google Mine makes a wonderful sound :smokin :smokin

TC :bonk :eye :bonk

:birthday :clap :banana :ted

That's an awesome gift! Helm's Deep and the Battle at Minas Tirith should sound HUGE!!!!!!!!!

off topic - But seeing as its got big TV's in the thread what DVD player should I buy to best enjoy LOTR's in all its glory? (Arcam dv57, Denon 3910 or Pioneer 868 (think 59 avi in the US).

Thank you everyone.:bow

I was so suprised when she gave me it last night.:thud

She knows how much I love the LOTR Trilogy and I love the special effects in films such as Armageddon/Perfect Storm/Deep Impact/Aliens etc, but I spend so much money on Poly having a Surround Sound System isn't something I would buy myself.Unless I had lots of disposable income which I don't.

I have just watched Perfect Storm and it was FAB!
Being Disabled and housebound gets very boring a lot of the time but this gift has changed all that, I cannot begin to describe how much.I actually feel like I'm at the pictures(movies) and I've not been there for years.

I envy all of you that have the 50" screens and home cinema's, I bet that is amazing. I'm waiting on a cheque for compensation, I may need to invest and join you all :rock

Now its time for FOTR !!

Thanks again
shell
x

Happy Bday Shell!

About time you get surround sound! Be careful of the home theater upgrade bug though! You will spend LOTS of money on a good system.

Thanks Jeff,

I would LOVE a Cinema like you, that looks awesome by the way !! I just dont have the room but i'm happy with what I've got now.I'm waiting on a compensation cheque, once that comes I might get a bigger TV though !:naughty

I've not had chance to watch FOTR what with all the goings on in London I've been watching the news so I will watch it tomorrow.

shell
x

Yay! You gotta have surround sound to watch the movies, any movies, properly! I have a 42 in Sony Grand Wega LCD HD set and it rocks for watching movies. Crank up the surround sound so the windows shake and all is perfect! But, do beware, upgrading and changing things around can get very costly. Worth it though! I'm watching the prices of DVD recorders now and waiting not so patiently for them to come down in price so I can get rid of the DVR service with my cable Co. Just can't deal with VCR's anymore here. :)

You're in for a whole new experiance. You should marry your roommate, she's great!
Have fun!!!

Thanks guys, I'm going to do exactly as you say, I've been putting the settings right so its sounds FAB now!

You are all right, i've been looking in catalogue's at big TV's.....OMG...it's started !!!:lol

I almost did tielo1, she's my ex.:naughty

shell
x

Have a Great Birthday Shell!!! Great gift!!! xxx

:yay

I'll have a pint tonight for you!!! (or 6!!)

Thanks everyone, much appreciated :grouphug

Wrath, you make sure you do pal, have lots !!

JL, thank you, I was going to start watching all 3 films today once it was set up but with one thing and another I didnt have chance.
So I'm gonna sit down tomorrow and watch all 3 films in one day. Alcohol in one hand and popcorn and sweeties in the other :dance

Can't wait !!!

Many thanks.
shell
x

Happy B-day SHELL!!! Sorry, I'm late too! Enjoy your new experience! SS is definetly a must!

Once we move (SOOOON) we will be getting all new TV/SS system. What we have now is fine. Nice TV, but not huge and the SONY Dreamsystem Surrond Sound which SUCKS!!!!!!

It does this thing where it equalizes all the sound, so if someone/something makes a jarring sound... can be as big as an explotion or as small as the flick of a lighter.... it drops all the other sound down to balance everything.. and then over the course of the following 10 seconds, builds everything back up to normal. TOTALLY pulls you out of the movie experience, which blows. But like I said, we'll be upgrading sometime in the near future!!

Gruson has seriously got me considering projection over plasma/digital.... but I'll have to talk to you more about the differences Jeff..

Back