Indiana Jones Toys McCoy queston

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's another question - will the Sideshow 12" be better than this figure, which can easily claim to be one of the half dozen best action figures of all time?

Really its in the top 6 of all time?!? Maybe when released it was tops... but even though the quality is there, time hasn't been as kind.

Anyway, was this out of a poll or just a thought?

The head sculpt and body aren't the best anymore, but clothing, accessories, quality of materials, packaging, etc. are tip top and still have no equal.

The SS head sculpt will be better as for the rest we shall see but I doubt it. For the price, definitely better.

I remember hearing about this too late - once it was going for disgusting amts of money AND I used to be so jealous of those that had it; Since I have never owned a 1:6 Indy, I hope SS owns!!! :fireworks

Really its in the top 6 of all time?!? Maybe when released it was tops... but even though the quality is there, time hasn't been as kind.

Anyway, was this out of a poll or just a thought?

It was just a thought - sorry if my post didn't make this clear enough.

No problem, I just wasn't sure if there was some list out there... I'd have been interested to see what was on it.

I do think the McCoy will always have a place in terms of grail hunters, I know he was the first 1/6 I ever wanted that I knew I would never be able to afford.

Although I think thats an incorrect hat for him... here's one small image.

toys_mccoy_figure.jpg

And if you follow this link, there's some bigger pictures. Still, 9 years later and he just doesn't quiet hold up to current standards. Amazing for the time, but then the Medicom Alien was pretty cool when it came out too.

aliend.jpg

$750 is a number I've heard a lot in the past. But, if you are a hardcore Indy fan and just have to have the best...

Thank goodness for Sideshow, there's will easily be the best available.

The items in that picture are from the el-cheapo Relic Hunter figure not the Toys McCoy one. Only the head and body, the worst parts of the figure, are the Toys McCoy stuff. The shirt and jacket are maybe be the real McCoy, but the rest isn't. Someone took the McCoy body and put all the craptastic Relic Hunter stuff on him. The McCoy Indy never came with a machete for instance.

100%. I have my Toys McCoy Indy in front of me right now. Google a Relic Hunter figure and you'll see what I mean. If you look at the boxed pictures of the McCoy Indy you'll see no machete. gun belt w/ holster, whip, gun, idol, sandbag, hat and gasmask bag - that's it, all under the plastic. That McCoy box has been opened as you see the Indy in the window has gear already on - it's the loose custom one pictured below. The person didn't want to take to Indy gear from under the plastic and opted to put on the lame relic Hunter stuff instead.

If you read the link that you posted you'll see them talk about taking parts including the machete from cheaper figures. Those loose pictures are of a cobbled together Indy...
"Next best thing - find a cheaper yet acceptable alternative for indy's accessories. Pile on the accessories on action figure which is removeable from box and you can still have a nice-looking indiana jones figure."

The leather whip, die cast gun with opening chamber, die cast gold plated idol are all some of the best parts of the McCoy Indy which you have to see and hold to truly appreciate.

I'll try to do that. The picture at the top of the page is an accurate, though small picture of the McCoy figure. Right now mine's sitting on a custom motorcycle w/ sidecar with a custom Henry Jones along for the ride. I never got around to making a decent umbrella for dad, maybe Sideshow will do it for me.

Back