Is McFarlane's Alien/Predator Refresh line worth anything?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Mirakle32

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've recently gotten into the AvP franchise after watching AvPR, and falling in love with the original ALIEN. For you hardcore fans of the series, is the McFarlane 2004 "refresh" series that hard to come by? I have a loose Alien that I bought MOC for 15 bucks a couple of years ago at a con, and I recently ordered a loose Predator (w/bloody skull) for 23.00 bucks shipped. Yesterday, a good friend sold me his loose ALIENS Warrior for 20 bucks in good condition.

Did I get fair deals on these, or did I overpay (or should I have waited for NECA's stuff?)

Cosidering what these go for on e-bay, the prices you paid are decent for loose figures. Right now this line is pretty hot.

I don't know why they go so high on ebay. The articulation(If any) sucks, the paint application isn't very good, and some of the sculpts aren't very good or accurate(IE: The 12" ALIEN Alien figure).

Personally, if I were you, I'd stick with Hot Toys and none of the mediocre McFarlane stuff.

I'm only a casual fan, and as awesome as the Hot Toys stuff is, I'm gonna have to pass with those prices. However, IF they do a definitive Giger 1979 ALIEN figure, with a rubber body suit and a translucent dome, I might consider it.

Those figures are really awful man.. i would not recommend them at all

Umm... I wouldn't go that far Jamal. For the size that they are they are quite nice. I have them all unopened. I think I have almost every single Alien or Predator McFarlane figure. They are all pretty nice.

S7300035.jpg

I really enjoyed McF's figures up to AvP, those were crap IMHO.
I've kept all of my McF collection, they are nice figures with some interesting sculpts (none of which are accurate).

I really enjoyed McF's figures up to AvP, those were crap IMHO.
I've kept all of my McF collection, they are nice figures with some interesting sculpts (none of which are accurate).

For $10.00 figures though I have no complaints.

Umm... I wouldn't go that far Jamal. For the size that they are they are quite nice. I have them all unopened. I think I have almost every single Alien or Predator McFarlane figure. They are all pretty nice.

Just my opinion from owning the 12 inch versions of Scar and the Grid, they fell down alot and did not look much like the Prototypes at all. Infact these were my first purchases to start my collection and i was rather disappointed

If your going to buy them the Celtic & Scar Predators will cost you a bit, they are the rare ones if im not mistaken

I have a loose AvP McFarlane Scar Predator (the 6'' one) in pretty good shape. He is missing his extended spear and his stand and his retracted spear has the tips broken off but the rest of him is in-tact and good shape (his blades are all good and his plasmacaster is still there). As well as a AvP Battle Alien (just the figure, NO coffin w/ corpse) and an ALIEN:RESURRECTION Alien (just the figure...forgot if this one came with any accessories).

PM me with an offer if you're interested.

Damnit, I'm pissed. I woke up this morning to find a headless Alien warrior on my carpeted floor! I just got it two days ago, and yet I spent all morning trying to glue the head back on. I don't know if I should be angry with McFarlane, or the friend I gave my 20 bucks to.

Any more warriors I get will definitely be NECA ones.

Damnit, I'm pissed. I woke up this morning to find a headless Alien warrior on my carpeted floor! I just got it two days ago, and yet I spent all morning trying to glue the head back on. I don't know if I should be angry with McFarlane, or the friend I gave my 20 bucks to.

Any more warriors I get will definitely be NECA ones.

sorry bro. that sucks. i haven't had that issue yet, so it may be a one-off issue.

I got a loose Scar 7" figure, a loose Grid Alien and Alien Warrior...

They're quite cool, but considering I don't have any HT ones, they probably are crap...

Oh, and I have an Alien Queen...It's rather big, but very brittle too...

Need to fix it...But it's all right...

Back