Woohoo, finally got my hands on an Aoshima Dropship!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deftinwulf

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I don't have pics yet but I'll borrow my roommate's digital and take a couple when she gets back, if you even need to see pics. Which you probably don't as it's the standard 02 numbered one with green finish. The black one would have been cool but I understand it's more limited so green works for me! I just had to share that I finally got one, for $129.99+ shipping on ebay, Brand New, in box. Now I can begin the quest of acquiring an APC to go inside the bad-boy!

Sorry for a lame first post, I hope you guys can forgive me. ;) I'm just sort of in shock that I actually found one with reasonable shipping to the US, as all the ones I've seen on ebay are listings from the UK with less-than-appetizing shipping rates.

Peace and Love.

:chew

wulf

Hey welcome to the board "Deftinwulf"! That's a great deal you got for that Aoshima dropship! I want to get one someday and the APC that goes inside it too just like you do!

I'm a HUGE ALIENS fan....just take a look at my signature image in my post here.

You're amoung friends here....welcome aboard! :D

Hey, thanks for the welcoming reply, man. The guy I got it from is actually in Japan, but he's an Ebay powerseller with very good feedback. I paid $36 for the insured secure shipping, which was listed to come in 5-7 business days, and it came in 4! So, this guy is definitely trustworthy, and I've actually seen him listing other dropships so I think he owns a hobby/toy store or something. I was about to post the link to the other auction for you but someone must have bought it already. At any rate, here's the guy's ebay page if you want to keep an eye on it. It cost me $165 total, so if that's worth it to you (it's by far the cheapest price I've seen), here you go:https://myworld.ebay.com/tenmeido

Peace and Love.
:chew
wulf

Last edited:
tenmeido has another dropship available at the same price as I paid. If you live in the United States, get the insured shipping. It's only 6 dollars more, and will come in 5 days as opposed to a month or more. Like I said, it came in 4 days for me.

here you go if you're interested. :)

And now it's gone... (Sorry! :monkey3) Thanks for the heads-up, Deftinwulf! I agree that finding one this late in the game has been a real challenge-- UK's got 'em, but shipping to the USA must be such a horrible proposition that the vendors are afraid to show the numbers.

It looks to be much nicer than the clunky old Halcyon plastic model kit; I was going insane trying to figure out how to add hinges to the wings; much less the ramp & landing gear. (Hopefully, those are articulated as well?)

Once again, many thanks...

-Jim

---------
[Sorry... this is a pretty funky first post! I found out about this forum from all the hits for my female Predator project; I've been lurking, absorbing all the good info and just recently signed up. It's been the go-to place for info about all things Alien & Predator, my latest obsession. - Jim ("jimbobwan")]

Last edited:
And now it's gone... (Sorry! :monkey3) Thanks for the heads-up, Deftinwulf! I agree that finding one this late in the game has been a real challenge-- UK's got 'em, but shipping to the USA must be such a horrible proposition that the vendors are afraid to show the numbers.

It looks to be much nicer than the clunky old Halcyon plastic model kit; I was going insane trying to figure out how to add hinges to the wings; much less the ramp & landing gear. (Hopefully, those are articulated as well?)

Once again, many thanks...

-Jim

---------
[Sorry... this is a pretty funky first post! I found out about this forum from all the hits for my female Predator project; I've been lurking, absorbing all the good info and just recently signed up. It's been the go-to place for info
about all things Alien & Predator, my latest obsession. - Jim ("jimbobwan")]

Welcome bro and Your pred lady you made was pretty sweet.:cool::chew

Did you get the dropship Pookie, or did someone else snap it up before you had a chance? To answer your question, both sets of the wings are fully articulated, as is the cargo-hold ramp. :)

Did you get the dropship Pookie, or did someone else snap it up before you had a chance? To answer your question, both sets of the wings are fully articulated, as is the cargo-hold ramp. :)

Thanks to you (and waking up early), I got it! I thought I'd never see one; after reading your first post, I searched and saw those UK sites... and got scared off by the postage. Of course, now I want the APC and I suppose that's even harder to find. :violin

-Jim

Thanks to you (and waking up early), I got it! I thought I'd never see one; after reading your first post, I searched and saw those UK sites... and got scared off by the postage. Of course, now I want the APC and I suppose that's even harder to find. :violin

-Jim

awesome man, I'm glad posting that auction helped someone on this forum out. :) Yeah, I'm also looking for the APC and it seems to be even more rare. :doh At any rate, good luck to you on your APC search.

Oh and a quick note to other members who are still looking for an Aoshima dropship and have (or wouldn't mind making) a Paypal account, bookmark that link to Tenmeido's ebay page that I posted a few posts up. I've seen him list half a dozen dropships in the past 2 weeks, and there may be more on the horizon so now's a good time to keeep an eye peeled.

awesome man, I'm glad posting that auction helped someone on this forum out. :) Yeah, I'm also looking for the APC and it seems to be even more rare. :doh At any rate, good luck to you on your APC search.

Heck, if you're hunting eBay for an APC, then it wouldn't be right for me to snipe ya! I just put in an order at Comet Miniatures and they're supposed to let me know the mystery shipping and handling damage. At least I can be thankful that I got a good deal on the Dropship; that will be a comforting thought as I chow down on cat food.

-Jim

Heck, if you're hunting eBay for an APC, then it wouldn't be right for me to snipe ya! I just put in an order at Comet Miniatures and they're supposed to let me know the mystery shipping and handling damage. At least I can be thankful that I got a good deal on the Dropship; that will be a comforting thought as I chow down on cat food.

-Jim

LOL @ the catfood comment, I'm right there with you. I didn't know there were any online stores with the APC in stock.. $70 wouldn't be bad, except the overall price will probably be much more than that due to shipping. :( Would you be so kind as to keep us updated with how much the shipping was to the states? I'm considering ordering an APC from Comet Miniatures... Thanks. :)

Oh, and I just noticed your predator queen... WOW, that is some incredible work! That goes for the other female pred you made as well... Are there female preds for sale out there somewhere, or is that all custom body work? It's amazing! :eek (this smiley is called eek but I'm using it for jaw dropping)

Oh, and I just noticed your predator queen... WOW, that is some incredible work! That goes for the other female pred you made as well... Are there female preds for sale out there somewhere, or is that all custom body work? It's amazing! :eek (this smiley is called eek but I'm using it for jaw dropping)

Hey, I just got the s&h quote: 6 pounds sterling + 35 for the APC. That converts to $81.66 USD. If you don't think about the fact that it's just a 5" chunk of metal, that's not too bad (especially when some folks pay $350-2.3K for a 12" chunk of plastic).

There are better prices out there, but the online ordering systems may not fill you with as much confidence-- I canceled my first order to a vendor because their online system wanted me to install a Java application, and when I tried their alternate payment method, their fax didn't answer. Comet Miniatures has a conventional online order system and they've been around for a while, so I expect they're reliable. They accept Visa & Mastercard, although it's not very evident before you hit the payment screen. Anyway, I'm glad to be getting the whole shebang; the Halcyon APC plastic model kit is 1:35 scale, so that wouldn't have fit very well in the 1:72 scale Dropship!

...The female predators-- yes, they're customs and basically made by wasting perfectly good parts from other collectibles. The shorter one ("Hooters Predator") is based on an old Medicom Predator and a Hot Toys Truetype body. I didn't mind sacrificing the Medicom Predator because it looked so lame compared to the Hot Toys Predators. The taller one ("Battle Queen Predator") used parts from Hot Toys Predators, bought piecemeal on eBay. I don't want to think about how much I've spent on all the pieces, since they probably add up to the cost of a complete Predator!

Anyway, I used some leftover parts on a doll I'd made in '98, and she looked like this a few weeks ago (the chainmail thing is considerably briefer now):

011008a.jpg

It's sort of a FAKK2 meets Predator thing, but unlike Lex of AVP & Machiko Noguchi of the comics, she doesn't want to be their friend. :lol

-Jim

$82? I think that's pretty reasonable, I wasn't expecting to pay anything less than $60, and I've seen the APCs go much higher than $80 on ebay.. I think I'll have to pick one up from Comet miniatures.. Thanks very much for the heads-up and for keeping me updated with the shipping cost, I appreciate it man. :)

Oh, and I apologize if the info about the female preds was already listen on your website, I read a lot of the information but did so by skimming, so thanks for answering my question about that, too. :)

Anyway, I used some leftover parts on a doll I'd made in '98, and she looked like this a few weeks ago (the chainmail thing is considerably briefer now):

011008a.jpg

It's sort of a FAKK2 meets Predator thing, but unlike Lex of AVP & Machiko Noguchi of the comics, she doesn't want to be their friend. :lol

-Jim

HOLY CRAP! :eek
Jim! I have been an admirer of your's for YEARS, and I am so glad to be able to post and say to you, your work RULES! And this one you just posted is utterly insane. Terrific.
Man. You make me wanna try new custom figure creations all day! Truly inspirational. Stupendous work.

By the way, welcome here. You fit right in. :rock
Hope to get to know you better as time goes by.

HOLY CRAP! :eek
Jim! I have been an admirer of your's for YEARS, and I am so glad to be able to post and say to you, your work RULES! And this one you just posted is utterly insane. Terrific.
Man. You make me wanna try new custom figure creations all day! Truly inspirational. Stupendous work.

By the way, welcome here. You fit right in. :rock
Hope to get to know you better as time goes by.

Sheesh, I dunno what to say! I don't want this to turn into one of those Luv-fests :eek:, but heck-- Les, your work is freakin' amazing!!! (Or in Hicks-speak, "Outttstanding!") Even more amazing is your ongoing service to this community, all while having a personal life-- Dang, you must have discovered the secret of the 30-hour day! Thanks for the props-- I'm honored!

To make amends for the thread hijack:monkey3, here's a funky scan from the USCM Technical Manual:

dropship_uscmtm.jpg

-Jim

Jim awesome work man! Those female Preds are makin' me feel funny....LOL
In all seriousness though welcome to the forum! I'm new here as well and they have takin' me in and made me feel welcome...it's a great place!

Back