OK.....I'VE JUST HAD A MOMENT OF CLARITY.......HELP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

pitchin4eva

It all started with LOTR & now years later it has dawned on me now........I'm a dork aka geek aka nerd etc. :thud

Can anyone offer me advice to get by the shock and ease my transition into dorkdom? :help :lol

Mustn't resist... give in to your desires... let the Dark Side take over... :evil

Give in to your dorkness. You're a dork and there's not much you can do about it. Welcome to the dork club.:doh

The Lotr movies lead to polystone.
Polystone leads to collecting.
Collecting leads to dorkiness.

Just get over it, it's harmless fun!
You could spent your money on alcohol and hookers.
Or spent your money on all the above... oh,...thats me :mwaha
:toast

dammmmmmmmm...........i knew i was missing out on something buying all this polystone :lol

Re: .

Go up to a stranger at the mall and tell them that you spend time chatting online with relative strangers about your collection of fantasy/science fiction statues and check out their response. Remember that this is the Sideshow FREAKS forum! We all have a little inner geek that we nurture with each purchase from Sideshow. (Although everyone who comes into my office and sees Gandalf on Shadowfax "geeks out" along with me. The geek gene is more widespread than we realize...)

In my opinion, there are degrees of geekness and some are more afflicted than others. I think I only have a very mild (almost negligible) streak of geekness which will eventually subside.

Go up to a stranger at the mall and tell them that you spend time chatting online with relative strangers about your collection of fantasy/science fiction statues and check out their response. Remember that this is the Sideshow FREAKS forum! We all have a little inner geek that we nurture with each purchase from Sideshow. (Although everyone who comes into my office and sees Gandalf on Shadowfax "geeks out" along with me. The geek gene is more widespread than we realize...)

So, so true!!

B.

Well put tielo1!
Yes I agree, there are degrees of geekdom, but just go with it. The average response I get from my collection from "outsiders" is wow, that's cool. So it can't be ALL bad.

In my opinion, there are degrees of geekness

Couldnt agree with you more CptCavetroll, and to that note after attending SDCC, I feel much better on my level of geekness. Some people literally are the definition of geek and how serious they take things. But hey if their happy, Im happy with my mild level of geekness. Many wouldnt know my hobby or see my nerdy side of me unless they come to my place or I begin to talk about it.

some of you are total geeks... and after seeing some more pics from SDCC it's definitely confirmed...

while others of us only have a little geek in our personality...

some of you are total geeks... and after seeing some more pics from SDCC it's definitely confirmed...

while others of us only have a little geek in our personality...

Your point is? If I'm personally in the total geek categorie thats cool with me. I can go to sleep every night being just fine with that.

My moment of clarity has arrived too in form of an empty bank account. :bonk

In general I would say that geekiness reaches a high when people start selling their statues and try to obtain the Artist Proof editions just to have an even more exclusive item.

I have a theory that everyone is a geek about something be it a sports team or cars or movies, whatever. I think everyone has one interest that they are so into they know absolutely everything about it. A friend of mine is a mad Arsenal fan (A football team in england) and he has a huge knowledge of the club and collects the programs from every game, its just another form of geekiness. So dont worry if you feel a bit geeky sometimes, after all at least we have an interest in something thats just harmless fun. Just remember EVERYONE IS A GEEK!!!!!!!!

Back