Slave Leia for SS Jabba Throne setup

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mooncat

Super Freak
Reaction score
Would this work for SSC Jabba throne ?

https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/catalog/product/detail/378

productDetail.png

My guess is the scale is where they went wrong with the look of it all. That Leia won't work though, it's designed to go on top of GG's Jabba statue which is somewhat smaller than the SSC Jabba. Best bet it to get the full Leia statue from GG or kitbash an old Hasbro Slave Leia with a modern 1/6 body, that's what I did.

jabba.jpg

My guess is the scale is where they went wrong with the look of it all. That Leia won't work though, it's designed to go on top of GG's Jabba statue which is somewhat smaller than the SSC Jabba. Best bet it to get the full Leia statue from GG or kitbash an old Hasbro Slave Leia with a modern 1/6 body, that's what I did.

jabba.jpg

I agree. I originally did the kitbash with the Hasbro Leia on a Dragon bendy body.

But then when the GG Slave Leia came out I snagged that one. With a piece of foam (to raise Jabba slightly) under Jabba and covered with his animal skin she fits perfectly in place and she's definitely in scale-- more so than I think this one would be.

Yeah, it looks pretty bad but my guess its the scale that is causing it. I hope since the other one from GG is pretty decent.

This is what they were going for:
SlaveLeia_02.jpg

Gotta stay with good old GG Slave Leia, though. Can't get enough of this sculpt.

RA1W0746.jpg

Too bad they bowed to the pressure on this shot:

RA1W0748.jpg

Well now I'm going to have to post a picture of my setup with the Kotobukiya Leia. :D

jabba_leia.jpg

I personally can't stand the FAO Schwartz Leia, but I did use some of her clothes on the Koto figure.

As every new thread made on the 12" figures is making me shy away from that sort of collectible even more, I'm getting ever more enthusiastic about GG's Jabba setup.

Perhaps its face isn't as good as Sideshow's, but the proportions and the display options are remarkable for a statue -- and expansion packs like the Leia (and the others in the future) are making this a very tempting option.

Plus, the shelf real-estate this consumes is bearable, unlike Sideshow's.

So, yeah, I have seven months to get Jabba, the band, and Bib, and then grace them with this new Leia (which looks perfectly fine, even apart from all the other accessories you get with her).

And, best of all, this is all a full-bloodied polystone/resin display. No toys here.

(Runs away from angry mob of 12" fans...) :monkey1

To each his own, I guess. I like to have poseability, and I don't think the GG Jabba looks as good as the Sideshow one, but it's true that the Sideshow one takes up a lot of space.

Come on, you should be angry with me!

I don't have anything against the 12" figures per se, it's just that they're making people a bit too obsessive. And statues are my first love. Is all.

:)

None taken Dave, but Adam also has skills and resources beyond the average collector, so comparing us to him is just crazy talk.

Back