Trevor, please ask Sideshow if you can make them new hands.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinLuck

Super Freak
Reaction score
Trev, we all love your head sculpts. Now, with these gorgeous portraits you are producing, I'd love to complement them with some equally detailed and proportionate hands (with anatomically correct vascularity!). Considering that Sideshow has been reusing their hands for the last decade, I think it's high time for an update and who better to sculpt them than yourself! :D

Actually, the hands that come with the Star Wars figures were introduced with Jedi Luke, so they've only been using them for a couple of years, but even their old hands had that veiny look. Only one that bothers me is that massive "force wield" left hand. If they could shrink that one down, I'd be good.

:rolleyes:

Keep throwing it out there, I say...... someday someone at SSC will listen.

Oh yeah and lose the doll dot.....:monkey3

Yes, Trevor since we're all sure you are all powerful at Sideshow make them hear our demands :lol Way to put pressure on a guy :lol

Although I do agree, smaller bodied figures would look better with smaller hands. When the did the sculpt for Maul his hands look great. And so do some of the hands for luke, but the force wield is just a tad large.

This could be a dead issue once the new bodies are complete anyway, if they adopt an HT style wrist all the current molds will need to be retooled or replaced.

This could be a dead issue once the new bodies are complete anyway, if they adopt an HT style wrist all the current molds will need to be retooled or replaced.

Here's to hoping that happens.......:cool:

Yeah, I was disappointed when the Terminator and X-file figures, that were released up to a year after Jedi Luke, still had rock hard hands with zombie like finger positioning. At least most of the SW ones are flexible. I read that Bespin Luke has hard hards...? True or false?

But you know if Sideshow is making a new body and retooling the hands, like MaulFan brings up, this is a perfect opportunity for Trev to work his magic. :D

No offense to Trev, but he isn't necessary for hands. Scale can be debated, but to me, Sideshow has the most realistic hands on the market.

Sideshow's hands are the beswt out there. hands down. But one size does not fit all and the smaller bodies really need smaller hands.

But I am also with MAulFan. I don't think invoking Trevors name in every thread you post in is going to do anything but pester him. :rolleyes:

Does kind look weird almost all of my SW figs have the left hand grip thing going on.

Justin, I guess you should of known what kind of response you would get to call out Trevor for this though :slap

HAha! I gotta say while I'm happy you think I could make some nice hands...I'm not the guy to do it! They're one of my biggest weaknesses. I actually find them more intricate and difficult than faces.., knuckles and tendons and finger nails and the complex subtle veins and then you've got the way the skin bunches up and creates all those nice looking wrinkles....It's a really delicate thing to tackle, because they can definitely be overdone.

so, in short: If I get asked to make a series of 1/6 scale hands....I'll run away!:lol
Trev

I don't have to. On small body figures, yes I find them out of proportion, but on say Old Ben sized figures, they seem right to me.

That's because of the robes he's wearing,not the body.But take a figure like Luke jedi,talk about Huge hands

I never found Jedi Luke's hands too large, but then I also never felt his head was too big either or any of the other gripes others had with it.

Back